Quantcast

good ramp plans?

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
hey guys, i am planning on making a dj in my back yard.... so far i am getting a backhoe in about 2 weeks and a couple loads of dirt... i am making a linding 6 or 7 feet wide and about 5 or 6 feet high... i wanted to make a take off out of wood anyone have any good plans... i know how to make them just dont know a good angle for a take off.... ohh and i dont want a huge gap maybe only like 5 to 7 foot... any pic or advice would help

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Any particular reason you want a wood lip?

Make it out of dirt and you can change and modify it as you ride it.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
Any particular reason you want a wood lip?

Make it out of dirt and you can change and modify it as you ride it.

well i would like to make it out of wood because its alot less maintanence and i already have a dirt one and it is just a big paint in the butt! lol

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Ridemonkey has an entire forum dedicated to dirtjumping. I suggest you check it out, particularly the Sticky at the top of the page, which as it so happens, is chock full of ramp plans.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
DTG and i have experience with this. 8 foot radius is way too small, definitely go with a 10. And use 2 pieces of plywood to cut out the shape of the ramp, and then about 2 foot long 2x4's spaced out throughout the ply, with a lot more under the ramp surface, and cover with thin ply