Quantcast

good ride this weekend

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
6,764
0
Vestal, NY
Saturday was the first Cycle-CNY club ride. We had a whopping 3 people turn out (including myself)... did about 15 miles of singletrack, some good technical stuff, lots of climbing, and a few dirt jumps thrown in for good measure. I'm still having problems with cramps, but was able to ride everything we hit. We had some good storms last week, so we also did some trail maintenance as necessary (clearing downed trees and such). I took some pics, but managed to leave the memory stick from my camera at home. Here are 2 that I do have... I'll try to get the rest posted this afternoon or tomorrow.

non-monkey on a nice section of singletrack. I'm really happy with how well this pic turned out considering how fast he was going. For those of you who care, ISO 200; shutter 300; auto aperature





This is me clearing a double, kinda hard to see it from the angle though (note the RM jersey :love: )

 

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
7,797
0
Portland, OR
Good to see the club taking off Jackson!! SMBA started with 5 original members and we're around 200 right now. Keep up the good work!! :thumb:
 

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
6,764
0
Vestal, NY
McGRP01 said:
Good to see the club taking off Jackson!! SMBA started with 5 original members and we're around 200 right now. Keep up the good work!! :thumb:
yea... I'm pretty happy with it so far. I want to find a way to "unite" the albany area folks (since a few of you use the Cycle-CNY boards) with the Syracause/Ithica/Binghamton crowd.
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
very nice jackson.. looking good!!!
btw.. echo told me about these pills he takes.. endurolytes from hammer strength.. I was suffering from cramping as well and these worked great!!! you should try them out!!!!


Endurolytes
 

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
6,764
0
Vestal, NY
hooples3 said:
very nice jackson.. looking good!!!
btw.. echo told me about these pills he takes.. endurolytes from hammer strength.. I was suffering from cramping as well and these worked great!!! you should try them out!!!!


Endurolytes
yea, he had them at MBW. I checked the local GNC and VitaminWorld, but they had nothing like that. They both recommended CytoMax (a gatorade-like drink), but it doesn't seem to do much more than water or Gatorade does. I'm probably going to order some of the endurolytes at some point.
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
jacksonpt said:
yea, he had them at MBW. I checked the local GNC and VitaminWorld, but they had nothing like that. They both recommended CytoMax (a gatorade-like drink), but it doesn't seem to do much more than water or Gatorade does. I'm probably going to order some of the endurolytes at some point.
i waited for a while too.. I tryed the cytomax.. but the pills worked great
 

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
10,139
684
Bend, Oregon
hooples3 said:
very nice jackson.. looking good!!!
btw.. echo told me about these pills he takes.. endurolytes from hammer strength..


Endurolytes

e-caps rules! I have been taking endurolytes for quite a long time now and they work!!! I'm not just saying that because they are a sponsor. They became a sponsor because I really liked them. :)
 

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
2,334
0
Chatsworth
This was a great weekend of riding. Saturday was shuttle runs, Sunday was dirt jumping, and Monday was more shuttle runs. Very nice!
 

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
2,131
0
Denver, CO
jacksonpt said:
They both recommended CytoMax (a gatorade-like drink), but it doesn't seem to do much more than water or Gatorade does.
I'd have to disagree. I've been using Cytomax for a few weeks now and have experienced a noticable reduction in lactic acid burn on long climbs. I can't drink it full strength (too sweet), but at half strength it still seems to work well.
 

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
10,139
684
Bend, Oregon
There are FAR better products on the market than Cytomax. Smart Fuel makes a good (and it tastes good) drink, as does E-Caps and several other companies.
 

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
2,131
0
Denver, CO
Heidi said:
There are FAR better products on the market than Cytomax.
I don't doubt that. But I wasn't saying that Cytomax is the best, only that I feel it is better than water or Gaterade. That's all.