Quantcast

Good Seattle area DH shop?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Looks like my job is transferring me to Seattle at the end of April. I'm stoked, just a quick drive and I am in Whistler. Life ain't bad.

Does anyone know a good DH shop in Seattle?

Anyone know some folk riding DH up there who might show a new guy some places to get hurt?

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
post in the PNW forum.

but fluidride is the best shop in seattle, they just opened a shop in issaquah as well, excellent mechanics, a real mountain shop.

great guys.
there doin a races series this year so youll have about 10 races all within 5 hours of seattle this year.

some in mt hood OR, willamette OR, some in port angeles WA, one in spokane WA

and whistler on wednesdays/crankworks

as for riding areas, post in the PNW forum and some guys will post there, and PM you some places to ride. you wont be disspointed with the riding scene, many great places around, stevens pass which is like an hour and a half from seattle will be open to lift services summer of 09.

not to mention you have whistler about 4-5 hours away

DeafTrance

Chimp
Nov 1, 2007
Seattle, WA
+1 to fluidride, excellent service and very knowledgeable staff. Willing to talk to you and answer all you questions.

Theres also a performance bikes and a recycled cycles if your looking for road gear. But fluid ride is the best bet for any of your mountain bike needs, has almost everything youd need.

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
+1 downhill zone.
Very personable and extremely knowledgeable- somehow always find a way to get you out of a bind, no matter how bad your situation. For instance, its day before PA shuttle and my fork explodes (dorado:clapping::imstupid:) plus i taco my rear wheel, and the next morning i have fresh wheel and fresh fork ready to go. dialed.

It's funny, because you can go in there to pick something up and end up staying for an hour laughing and conversing.

And I can attest to Adam's wheel building. My goodness they stay true even when hammered on. HARD.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
There are a lot of 'bros' in the shop sometimes hanging out behind the counter that can confuse the consumer/employee line....can make people feel like the odd man out

but....

Adam is the man! He has always gone out of his way to help me...Even sold me parts out of his personal build stash :thumb:

The guys @ Fluidride are great as well. They tend to have a bit more in stock, shop feels a bit more comfortable and less 'bro' or 'not'...

I have not been to GHY, but the people I know who are/were assosciated with this organization are good people.

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
I love it... someone asks for a good DH shop in the Seattle area and people generate 6 different answers. Never mind that two of them are more or less DH/FR specific.

Yeah... the Northwest is nice. Viva Cascadia!

Curler

Chimp
Dec 6, 2007
Seattle, WA
Downhill Zone is great they are great at solving problems, they saved my frame AND fork from the junk heap! I have heard tons of good things about fluidride too but ive never been there.

top_dog

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
Australia
I recommend Drop N Zone from the other side of the world. Not sure how far it is from Seattle though...same state at least.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Whistler is half the price of anywhere for labour? That's un-possible!

Whistler is legendarily expensive for parts and labour. The mechanics at the major shops there are talented however.

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
Whistler is half the price of anywhere for labour? That's un-possible!

Whistler is legendarily expensive for parts and labour. The mechanics at the major shops there are talented however.
This sounded like it was from left field... I am confused...

No one mentioned Whizzler that I noticed...