Quantcast

Good show in OLY town this saturday.... Melvins with Jello Biafra...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I got my tickets already... anyone else planning to go??

Pioneer Music Presents.....
Saturday, November 5
Jello Biafra with the Melvins
also a set by the Melvins
special guests
$13.50 advance tickets at www.buyolympia.com or $15.00 DOS at the door.
doors open at 9pm
@ Capitol Theater
206 East Fifth Ave- downtown Olympia
Show Info: 360-754-5378 or www.pioneermusic.org
ALL AGES!
show description: Sieg Howdy (2nd release from Jello Biafra performing with the Melvins). Jello Biafra and the Melvins are musical pranksters united for a common cause- to detonate your brain with some of the most twisted rock anthems ever crafted!

To be removed from this mailing list:
Reply here "please remove" in the subject line.

For information regarding booking or questions on the show please visit www.pioneermusic.org or call us direct at:
tel: 360-753-5463 fax: 360-753-5462 Email: audrey@pioneermusic.org or www.pioneermusic.org

Dexter D

Chimp
Jun 1, 2005
Saw Jello a couple years back when he was fronting LARD with the guys from Ministry; great show.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Dexter D said:
Saw Jello a couple years back when he was fronting LARD with the guys from Ministry; great show.
I have some lard records. My favorite song is the drug raid one.... on the first release... "oops, sorry.... Wrong House..."

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
oly said:
I have some lard records. My favorite song is the drug raid one.... on the first release... "oops, sorry.... Wrong House..."
Good record. To bad he's such a tool.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
H8R said:
Good record. To bad he's such a tool.
Im sure he is..... but it will still be cool to see. Plus the melvins are one of my many favorites to see..... and the best part is i dont have to travel over an hour to see the show.....

stacy1

Chimp
Sep 14, 2004
OFF 410
D my bro and I are going to be down there, can't wait, have seen the melvins many many times. Always a good loud concert. Give me a pm and we'll hook up for drinky before.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
stacy1 said:
D my bro and I are going to be down there, can't wait, have seen the melvins many many times. Always a good loud concert. Give me a pm and we'll hook up for drinky before.
you still got my cell #? Were meeting friends of my wife down there,,, ny tix are on will call. we will hook up for sho!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
I remember now why i hate all ages shows........... there were some goons and stoend rednecks in the crowd. Show was good though. Opener was baby gramps.. a crazy old guy who sounds like popeye with a steel guitar, Akimbo? a seattle band that wasnt so bad, but their songs all sounded the same, then Altamont played, (the melvins drummers band)Melvins rock as usual, Then the melvins donned hold up style ski masks and ripped a bunch of old DK songs, along with some originals. Jello was a nut on stage. Glad i got to see him perform, DK was my favorite band when i was a young punk.

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
Akimbo played? They have the potential to be soooo good sometimes. You should check them out again, sometimes its hard to get into a band when youre not familiar with them, it's easy to miss the "differences"...kind of like non metal fans thinking it all sounds non rap fans thinking its all the same etc. Not to say you don't know music, cause youre certainly do, but Akimbo isnt always an easy swallow on first listen. Then again it's been a few years since I've seen them and I believe theyve seen some lineup changes.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Dont get me wrong, Akimbo was pretty good. The drummer rocked too. I guess when you really want to see the melvins you just want to see the melvins. Im an altamont fan, but even then i wanted their set to be over to see the melvins...

Mike Clam

Chimp
Nov 8, 2005
Anyone here know Big Business? They're moving from Seattle to L.A. to join the Melvins as bass & 2nd drummer. Crazy- never would think of the Melvins as needing more drums than Dale already provides. The next tour should be a trip....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
someone said that at the show... there were 2 drum sets on stage... to bad they were for another band.... who else has done dual drummers?? Besides the greatfuldead.

stacy1

Chimp
Sep 14, 2004
OFF 410
I saw tool and melvins play a few years ago, the drummers played the dual from the maggot cd, unbelievable. 15 mins long!!