Quantcast

Good Snow!!!

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
So, I went up to Meadows today and was pleasantly surprised to find some good snow. There were even some windblown powder caches up towards the top of the mountain- it was SWEET. Their base is back up to 30-something inches so there aren't as many rocks poking through and they've been below freezing for the past week so there's not much ice (still a few random patches though).

I actually feel like I did something today, it's been over a month since I've ridden my bike or been boarding.... I still have to go up 4 more times to break even on my season pass, but it should be possible. Just thought I'd share.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
More good snow! Meadows is doing great, just got back from there (sore as hell I might add). There's more powder all around the mountain and I actually got a bunch of runs on Cascade express this time- it's usually closed. Fun stuff.

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Just got back from Tahoe, CA. Rode Heavenly Valley in south lake tahoe. 10" overnight baby. Heavenly rocks. The trees on the Nevada side are incredible! It was so sweet to ride on over a 7 foot base and around 10 foot on top and not have to worry about rocks. Hopefully we get some more snow up here in PNW soon. I'm having withdrawls already.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
radjockette said:
Just got back from Tahoe, CA. Rode Heavenly Valley in south lake tahoe. 10" overnight baby. Heavenly rocks. The trees on the Nevada side are incredible! It was so sweet to ride on over a 7 foot base and around 10 foot on top and not have to worry about rocks. Hopefully we get some more snow up here in PNW soon. I'm having withdrawls already.
Damn, I'm jealous.

I should be bringing my new big bike with me for one of my next drills (first weekend of the month), probably march drill. Maybe we can get together for an afternoon at sst or something? I'll let you know when I'm sure.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
its nearing the end of feb. i wrote this winter off months ago :(

if it wasn't for my trips to bachelor and beyond, i may have gone on a killing spree this winter :)

i am not looking forward to this summer...right now in the olympics, we have less of a snowbase than we usually have in july :( .. this summer is going to be super hot/dry and the mountains will be a-blaze again. i see a northshore closure coming again.