Quantcast

Good SPD shoes to go with new mallets???

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I just got some new mallets, and turns out the shoes i have don't contact the pins at all. What shoes are going to work well for these pedals?

You will need to use the little plastic spacers provided and put them under the cleat. I needed both of them on each shoe to be able to clip in and out. I have 661 filters, sidi, and addidas shoes and I needed the spacers on all of them.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
You will need to use the little plastic spacers provided and put them under the cleat. I needed both of them on each shoe to be able to clip in and out. I have 661 filters, sidi, and addidas shoes and I needed the spacers on all of them.
I know I need spacers, the shoes I have work, they just don't contact the traction pins

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
nope, new Mallets have screws like a normal flat pedal. TM was asking about some type of BMX clipless shoe where the screws also interact with the sole of the shoe while he's clipped in.

TM - not ure, haven't gotten any time on the new Mallets, but wouldn't the screws be more useful when you're clipped out and just resting on the pedal? I can only imagine that they'd get in the way of trying to clip in/out...

Otherwise you might try some longer screws?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
nope, new Mallets have screws like a normal flat pedal. TM was asking about some type of BMX clipless shoe where the screws also interact with the sole of the shoe while he's clipped in.

TM - not ure, haven't gotten any time on the new Mallets, but wouldn't the screws be more useful when you're clipped out and just resting on the pedal? I can only imagine that they'd get in the way of trying to clip in/out...

Otherwise you might try some longer screws?
The arent seeming to get in the way of me getting in. The problem with my shoes is that there is no tread infront of and behind the cleat, just on the sides. The pins hit my shoe when im clipping in and it didnt cause any problems