Quantcast

~~Good Thurday Morning!!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It's still morning.... :)

Back from class... man there are some fine woman at community colleges....
My teacher this semester sucks so bad. He tells bad jokes and does magic tricks for the entire class. First he tells me my project is great and then he tells me it sucks today. WERD!
Fuggin school....!

how's everybody else doing?

J

JRB

Good morning yo. Doing ok today. I found out I am a stalker though.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Closet rack things are going in today, so we can finally start putting some of our crap away.

That's all I got.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

Closet rack things are going in today, so we can finally start putting some of our crap away.

That's all I got.
so how much more is left on your house?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Well, for the first contract:
  • a bit of molding/trim work
  • the re-cut kitchen countertop, sink, faucet
  • the dishwasher still needs to be hooked up
  • we still need to buy a fan for over the cooktop
  • master bathroom countertop
  • brickwork on the front of the house
  • chimney
  • driveway
  • grass

For the second contract (which hasn't been drawn up yet), basically the entire basement:
  • interior framing/insulation
  • sheet rocking
  • carpeting/tiling
  • plumbing/fixtures
  • lights/electrical outlets/cable jacks

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Back into the swing of teaching the little monsters. I have a REALLY full schedule right now, but I am sure they will begin to weed out the slackers soon ;)

Going for my first "road ride" tonight. On my XC bike (hardtail) with semi-slicks. I have to see if I like it before I go investing in another bike (or so the hubby says). :rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning! Back into the swing of teaching the little monsters. I have a REALLY full schedule right now, but I am sure they will begin to weed out the slackers soon ;)

Going for my first "road ride" tonight. On my XC bike (hardtail) with semi-slicks. I have to see if I like it before I go investing in another bike (or so the hubby says). :rolleyes:
my GF is flipping the F' out about teaching...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Really? I was hoping she might be setteling in by now. What's her trouble? Maybe I can help?
-teachers coming in and saying they wouldn't do it that way
-low income kids with poor knowledge from year before and no help at home
-school politics
- she doesn't feel like she can talk to the other teachers because they are caddy

(also tonight is open house so she's real worked up with that too.)
We'll see how it goes.... she says she doesn't know if she wants to be a teacher but she's actually really good at it...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
-teachers coming in and saying they wouldn't do it that way
-low income kids with poor knowledge from year before and no help at home
-school politics
- she doesn't feel like she can talk to the other teachers because they are caddy

(also tonight is open house so she's real worked up with that too.)
We'll see how it goes.... she says she doesn't know if she wants to be a teacher but she's actually really good at it...
That sucks! The good teachers always get worked up about these things! I still have other teachers that come in and tell me they wouldn't do things the way I do it...I listen say thank you and do what works for me. I also know all about the low income families with no home support...it's REALLY tough. She's right about talking to other teachers in district...they tend to be political and yes, caddy. If she wants/needs to vent to another educator that will gladly listen without judging, please have her contact me. The best thing that you can do for her is listen and support her. Maybe surprise her with some flowers or her favorite dinner after a long hard day at school.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
That sucks! The good teachers always get worked up about these things! I still have other teachers that come in and tell me they wouldn't do things the way I do it...I listen say thank you and do what works for me. I also know all about the low income families with no home support...it's REALLY tough. She's right about talking to other teachers in district...they tend to be political and yes, caddy. If she wants/needs to vent to another educator that will gladly listen without judging, please have her contact me. The best thing that you can do for her is listen and support her. Maybe surprise her with some flowers or her favorite dinner after a long hard day at school.
Yeah well my mom is a teacher too in middle school. She doesn't really like to talk to my mom... she thinks my mom judges her too. She has a little problem with people telling her what to do and what not to do.... she thinks even constructive critisizim is picking on her. It's partly her fault but like you said I think the teacher are caddy and I think the kids she works with are tough....
Dear god I dont' want her to go back to school for another career. but if she has to I'll stand by her....