Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~ in stosh's abcense

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Good Morning Monkeys, how's everyone doing today? Last night I started working on re-staining a rocking chair. No big plans today, I have another day long meeting. Should be another fun filled day.

Question of the day: What you're favorite alcoholic drink?

I love me some Capt. & Coke

splat

Nam I am
Capt , coke sounds good to me !

Morning , Usual day at work . Had a night ride planned for last night but it rained last night 40 degrees and wet , just doesn't sound like fun, so we bagged it. HAve another ride planned for tonight , no rain in the forcast so this one should be a go.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hellos. I had a crap ass hockey game last night. We lost and I played terribly. I couldn't get out of my own friggin way. I managed a couple of goals, but any hoser can stand in front of the net and knock in a couple of rebounds. Our regular season ended and we went 7-4-1. Playoffs start next week.

I like beer.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
splat said:

Morning , Usual day at work . Had a night ride planned for last night but it rained last night 40 degrees and wet , just doesn't sound like fun, so we bagged it. HAve another ride planned for tonight , no rain in the forcast so this one should be a go.
I'm right there with you, I'm meeting a buddy at 5:30 and we are blazing in the dark.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:stosh:

Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.
good morning.

mixed drinks, pass.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I use to go w/ Stoli vanilla & coke, but pretty much beer is my normal choice.....if available I'll go w/Blue Moon

played volleyball aginst the team in 1st place, we won 3 of 4 which puts us into a tie with them for 1st

LowCel

Chimp
Oct 24, 2005
Charleston, WV
Good morning everyone. So far today I've spent about 1 1/2 hours in the gym. This evening I'll be spending 1/2 hours on the rollers. Base sucks, unfortunately it's necessary.

Anyway, my favorite drink....hmmm, pretty fond of absolute and orange juice. Also like purple lobsters. Generally I just drink Corona or Killians red though.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Nothing exciting going on here. I'm back at work after 5 days off. Yippee. :rolleyes: No immeadiate plans that I can think of. I'm still sore from a decent crash I had in DH practice last Sat.. Might try to get out for a night ride tomorrow night if the weather cooperates. We'll see.... Has anyone see MMcG around lately?

Edit to say that I :heart: beer.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
It finally got colder today. I was enjoying the warm, but like the cold.

favorite drinks:think: This summer my most frequent drink was jagar bombs. Fun for a while because of the endless amounts of insane stories(including watching my BF pull up the neighbors mailbox and smash it against the tree in our yard).

But the day after was the worst of my life...solution: rum and juice.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
What up. Today is my friday since i have no friday classes. I have 2 classes then going to do 2 hrs community service. I will be done with my community service for my college this weekend thank god. 80 hrs for destroying golf carts, oh well.

Newcastle Brown Ale

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yo!

Pizza and beer night tonight!! Always my favorite day of the week. Had dinner at the in-laws last night. Roasted turkey, veggies, and sweet potatoes......good stuff. Watched "Lost" and did my usual fall-asleep-on-the-couch-during-"Invasion" routine. I looooove couch naps. They kick ass.

Favorite drink? Probably a 7&7. Either that, or a good wheat beer.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
morning mancilGunit -

hit the treadmill for ~3.5 miles last night, felt OK until i jacked up the incline to 7.5% towards the end and hung on for two minutes until i had to pvssy out and drop it back. spin class tonight, 1st one in ages.

fave drink: dirty martini, but i don't have 'em too often.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo. I rode in on the ice for the second straight day. My knee is shot - I need to get it looked at..again. :mumble:

I had a busy night last night. My gear was all fubar yesterday from having no tension on the chain (SS setup on a 3x8 drivetrain) so I had to take some links out of it to make it work for this morning. I went to buy a computer at the Best Buy - the first computer that I've ever bought, in fact. WTF is up with them telling you 12 times during the conversation that they don't work for commission? I almost had to assault the guy. :mad: I ended up with this package. I reckon it'll do the trick for what we need. I also cleaned the bathroom.

I like ceasars if I'm just having one or two drinks. They're just like candy :drool: I also like beer for this application.
If I want to get planked, I like beer.
If I want to get out of control, I like vodka with 7up or cranberry juice.
If I want to get arrested, I like rye and coke.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
morning mancilGunit -

hit the treadmill for ~3.5 miles last night, felt OK until i jacked up the incline to 7.5% towards the end and hung on for two minutes until i had to pvssy out and drop it back. spin class tonight, 1st one in ages.
How long does it take you run 3.5 miles on a treadmill? It takes me 20 minutes to do 2 miles. I'm a wuss though and keep the incline at 1 (hey, at least it's not 0). I do my running after I lift weights for a half hour.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
mobius said:
..... 2 hrs community service. I will be done with my community service for my college this weekend thank god. 80 hrs for destroying golf carts, oh well.
I seem to have missed the post outlining this story....:devil:....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MancilG said:
Question of the day: What you're favorite alcoholic drink?
Manhattan (Beam, a spash or 2 of sweet vermouth, a drop of bitters and a cherry on the rocks, lightly stirred or swirled) or Basil Hayden's on the rocks.

Good morning! Have had a busy day thus far, but atleast the time is flying by. Today is our annual evacuation drill so school ends 15 minutes early and we aren't allowed back in the building so hopefully that means I will get home at a decent hour. Generally, we end up going home later becuase the busses are always late and the teachers have to wait until all of the students are gone before we can leave. We'll see how it goes.

Found out this AM that I have a brake light out so I have to run out and get one on my lunch break...otherwise I am bound to forget and get a ticket or something. Fun, fun, fun!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
splat said:

LOL! We bagged on our night ride last night too. Cold & raining....not going to work for me right now! Hopefully we can get out tonight instead.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
How long does it take you run 3.5 miles on a treadmill? It takes me 20 minutes to do 2 miles. I'm a wuss though and keep the incline at 1 (hey, at least it's not 0). I do my running after I lift weights for a half hour.

I have been running 3.6 miles (on the road), my best time is a few seconds under 30 min's

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
morning all! looking forward to test riding a blur on tonight's night ride.

took the doggies out on the trails last night, we had rain on monday I think, but the trails are lookin' mighty fine now.

should be a nice ride, but we're usually out pretty late (gettin' old, my buddy has to get his daughter to bed before he can come out and play) and I just got stuck with a 7:30 friday morning meeting :mumble:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I Are Baboon said:
same as you. i keep my pace steady @ 6 mph, or 10 minute miles. if i want to get some interval-type training it, i'd rather bump the incline up. sometimes i go high, and then every couple minutes bump it down a notch, or other times i build gradually. keeps the monotony at bay while keeping my cadence consistent. i'm no speed demon. :D

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Went to my first concert last night. Darkane, Strapping Young Lad, Soilwork, and Fear Factory played. The first two sucked pretty badly, with Strapping Young Lad taking the award for one of the worst bands I have heard. I was rather amused to hear the lead singer address the crowd as, a "bunch of f*cking retards." Oh well, they are Canadian, only so much can be expected. Soilwork was okay, I like them better on record than I do live. Fear Factory absolutely rocked the place and were amazing.

Other than that I am doing well, today will be filled with the joys of homework.