Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!one!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

We're expecting a pretty good storm tonight, should make tomorrow's commute fun!

Hope ya all have a great day!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Today is the "Holiday Feast" here at work. I went down to the break area to see what's there so far. About 1000 cookies, several crockpots of meat, and some bagels and cream cheese. So I added my store bought cookies to the cookie pile and scarfed a bagel. Woot. Hopefully something edible will show up by lunchtime.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning, stosh! Good morning, everyone!

Thursday.......hmmmm, let's see---Had a committee meeting last night for our local cycling club. Things went fine, and we're pretty organized for a bunch of "freeriders" and naer-do-well's if I do say so myself. Lots of trail maintainence and skills clinics coming up that will really go a long way towards showing people that we aren't all just about hucking off of stuff and drinking Red Bull, ya know?

Well....Thursday night usually means pizza and beer night, but that's all shot to hell. The wife is having their office Christmas party, so that means I'll be drug along to hang out with a bunch of people that I try very hard throughout the year to avoid if at all possible. The upshot is, the resturant has a kick-ass beer selection, so that should keep me occupied for the meaty part of the evening.

I'll leave you guys with this: I love my bike. I've got all the settings just like I like 'em. It's the best bike I've ever owned and I sit at work all day wishing I was on the trail. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:

Thursday.......hmmmm, let's see---Had a committee meeting last night for our local cycling club. Things went fine, and we're pretty organized for a bunch of "freeriders" and naer-do-well's if I do say so myself. Lots of trail maintainence and skills clinics coming up that will really go a long way towards showing people that we aren't all just about hucking off of stuff and drinking Red Bull, ya know?

Well....Thursday night usually means pizza and beer night, but that's all shot to hell. The wife is having their office Christmas party, so that means I'll be drug along to hang out with a bunch of people that I try very hard throughout the year to avoid if at all possible. The upshot is, the resturant has a kick-ass beer selection, so that should keep me occupied for the meaty part of the evening.

I'll leave you guys with this: I love my bike. I've got all the settings just like I like 'em. It's the best bike I've ever owned and I sit at work all day wishing I was on the trail. :)
An office Christmas party on a Thursday? WTF kind of party is on a Thursday?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning all - couldn't sleep. It snowed all day yesterday so this morning my ride in should be fun :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Andy_B said:
Doing better today.
Thai for dinner, with a very attractive mud honey.
Got in to work today to find my X-Mas bonus check on my desk.
1/2 day tomorrow.
Our year end bonus comes after Christmas which tends to be a pain.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Had a night of reprieve last night - the dictator was in Atlantic City with some friends. Ended up staying up waaay too late (3am) doing a bunch of stuff I had been trying to do for a long time - did some work on my truck, watched the most recent Star Wars movie (it sucked), and a bunch of other stuff around the house.

Hopefully getting together with douglas on Sunday for a ride...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
An office Christmas party on a Thursday?
Here are my holiday office obligations:

Dec 6 (this past Tuesday): Free holiday lunch in the cafe with executives serving

Dec 16 (Friday): Holiday party for the Finance group (~100 people)

Dec 19 (Monday): Secret Santa/holiday lunch for my department

Dec 22 (Thursday): Holiday breakfast hosted by Finance managers (who I am one of). 300 people will attend.

Dec 23 (Friday): Holiday party for just Finance managers (20 people)

:rolleyes:

So quit yer bitching about your one little party.

Have a good day! I got stuff to do...

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I Are Baboon said:
Apparently, a Christmas party. :p

Dec 6 (this past Tuesday): Free holiday lunch in the cafe with executives serving

Dec 22 (Thursday): Holiday breakfast hosted by Finance managers (who I am one of). 300 people will attend.

Holy Smokes! We have an "Employee Appreciation" party, but I ain't going. I just hate office parties.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Heidi said:
Well, I require 8 hours but only got 7. :mumble: I think I'm just excited for the new snow :love:
The same thing happens to me. I jump up out of bed and throw my glasses on to see how much we get.

The worst is when I do that and we don't get any.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Heidi said:
Holy Smokes! We have an "Employee Appreciation" party, but I ain't going. I just hate office parties.
I am looking forward to the last one. It's at a swank restaurant, starts at 1:00 (we don't have to go back to work after) and we can order whatever we want from the bar.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
Today is the "Holiday Feast" here at work. I went down to the break area to see what's there so far. About 1000 cookies, several crockpots of meat, and some bagels and cream cheese. So I added my store bought cookies to the cookie pile and scarfed a bagel. Woot. Hopefully something edible will show up by lunchtime.
Cool - ours is tomorrow.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

Had a night of reprieve last night - the dictator was in Atlantic City with some friends. Ended up staying up waaay too late (3am) doing a bunch of stuff I had been trying to do for a long time - did some work on my truck, watched the most recent Star Wars movie (it sucked), and a bunch of other stuff around the house.

Hopefully getting together with douglas on Sunday for a ride...
You're wife is away blowing your life savings?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
I am looking forward to the last one. It's at a swank restaurant, starts at 1:00 (we don't have to go back to work after) and we can order whatever we want from the bar.
Thats how our "end of the year party" is. My boss the old burned out hippie inevitably wishes the Jehova Witnesses on staff a Merry Christmas.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
That's long since gone... she's adding to our life's debt.
Ahh brilliant!! It's amazing how much I can get done around the house when I'm working alone.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
splat said:
I ment snow , Not sleep. How well do they plow the road ?
I would guess 5", but the snow we got last week still hasn't melted so we now have at least a foot on the ground. They don't plow the roads in my hood very well, so it's just packed powder. On the main roads, it gets plowed into the bike lane so I usually have to take up the regular lane of traffic.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
f'n yo mornin crew........uhhhhhh mostr companies are scheduling their christmas/holiday parties on weeknights now to try to cut back on drunken office party situations. they figure if ya gotta work the next day you wont tie one on and start doing impressions of the boss or hook up with the secretary.

as for me i am sittin here working in photoshop getting a portfolio together for a job interview with an imaging/graphics/photo studio and getting the rest of my loose ends tied up before i start school next month. then it is downtown time for some x-mas shopping and to see bigginsette then a night out on the town for a friends birthday.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I Are Baboon said:

Holy crap! That's a lot, man.

I think they have always had their parties on weeknights---keeps people from getting too far out of hand if they know they still have another day of work ahead of them. I hate going to this thing every freakin' year......Our company is closing on the 21st for the employee luncheon---so lame...just a quick lunch at the local greasy spoon and a snappy speech by the boss and then we're back at work. We have another function the next day though which sucks just slightly less in which we cook about eight pork shoulders on the grill and have all the contractors we do business with throughout the year come over for a cookout. I usually get pretty tanked throughout the evening while cooking the shoulders and am pretty much hurting the next day. That's about the time when we get our year-end bonus......a day before Christmas Eve--which always makes shopping pretty hectic as I'm always quite broke up until that point and can't really afford anything.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Greyhound said:

yo jody how are things going? tell the wife and brother i said "yo" as well as uhmmmm....i forgot his name. the dude with the mercedes i wanted to drive after i was drunk.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Monkeys - if someone hooked up a snow making machine to the vents in my office, I think snow would fall inside here! This is f'ing ridiculous!! :mumble:

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
MMcG said:
Morning Monkeys - if someone hooked up a snow making machine to the vents in my office, I think snow would fall inside here! This is f'ing ridiculous!! :mumble:

Mine is EXACTLY the opposite. I can't wear long sleeves, or socks because I'll get too hot!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
It's funny seeing your avatar with a Santa Hat.

splat

Nam I am
MMcG said:

I know that feeling. The Window in my Office used to be a door at one time , and it leaks air Big time , I can see light though a Bunch of the cracks, when I opend the door to it this morning I swear it was 25 degrees colder inside my Office than in the hall way.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Heidi said:
Sweet! Our "team appreciation holiday party" is tomorrow night. I'm not going either. What the hell makes them think I would want to hang out with coworkers on a Friday night? :confused:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Just finished moving all of the chairs, stands and percussion equiptment to our auditorium for concert rehearsals...actually, I moved very little and the kids did all the work (aren't they the sweetest). Supposed to get snowstorm tonight so maybe we will have a delay in the AM (fingers crossed). We got the crib and dresser all put together last night so now I just need to figure out where everything is going to go and put it away (after I wash and dry everything)...it never ends! ;)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
volley ball lastnight, followed by beer/greasy food..next week is the "championship" we play the 3rd pace team, best of 3, winner plays team #1, best of 5

looks like Jackson will be out my way Sunday, hopefully we can get a ride in

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Echo said:
Sore bought cookies :( You should have made your pain dip...:p

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
An office Christmas party on a Thursday? WTF kind of party is on a Thursday?
We have a Secret Santa on Wednesday and Thursday the 21st and 22nd. Then, we have a huge breakfast & luncheon on Friday the 23rd and a lot of us go out for drinks afterwork (although I can't this year :( )

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My company is leading the war on Christmas. We have no holiday, sorry Christmas, celebrations. Thank goodness, not because I am anti-christmas but because my co-workers are ass-bags.