Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!one!~~

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I don't attend the holiday part for work. I don't like seeing my co-workers durring the day - I'll be damned if I give up my evening to hang with them.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I really want to drive to Seneca Falls this weekend to hang out with the resident Emu, but the weather keeps looking worse and worse :(
Well after work tomorrow the roads should be ok from the sounds of the time frame of the storm right now.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
MMcG said:
Morning Monkeys - if someone hooked up a snow making machine to the vents in my office, I think snow would fall inside here! This is f'ing ridiculous!! :mumble:
I hear that. I have to wear heavy socks and like three layers of clothes to stay warm. I get up and when I come back my chair is cold. There's this freakin'draft on the floor and huge windows behind me that let in the cold.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
splat said:
Then Leave now , and call in sick tommorow
Yeah, I wish I could do that. I used up all my sicks days though when I was really sick this past summer. I have 2 personal days, but I'm going to use them to extend New Years.

Stosh, when's the storm supposed to stop? The earliest I could leave work is 1:00. The problem isn't just here, however. It's always icy around Binghampton.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Yeah, I wish I could do that. I used up all my sicks days though when I was really sick this past summer. I have 2 personal days, but I'm going to use them to extend New Years.

Stosh, when's the storm supposed to stop? The earliest I could leave work is 1:00. The problem isn't just here, however. It's always icy around Binghampton.
The storm is supposed to stop sometime around 1pm tomorrow.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. not much going on here today. It's my Friday though which is a plus. My company may have some sort of holiday gatherings on the corporate level, but not here in the trenches. Kind of a bummer really....I love free food. As for cold offices, mine is in our server room, which is climate controlled at 55 degrees 365 days a year. I'm always cold! It sucks. Snow is on it's way which may put a damper on my ride I had planned for tomorrow. Maybe if I can get out before noon it'll be ok. :think: We'll see... Treesaw, is Sq-Earl still doing Friday rides with the KAPL guys?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
bluebug32 said:
I really want to drive to Seneca Falls this weekend to hang out with the resident Emu, but the weather keeps looking worse and worse :(
Seriously, around here, you can't let the weather dictate what you do, or you will never do anything. They maintain the Thruway pretty well, just do it.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Echo said:
Seriously, around here, you can't let the weather dictate what you do, or you will never do anything. They maintain the Thruway pretty well, just do it.
Yeah, definitley. I grew up in the farm country outside of Albany, so I definitely know what it's like to drive in the snow.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Bah. Sh!tty day.

Passed tuesdays exam, but I'm not happy with the grade, nor is anyone else in the class. Class this morning was 3 hours of wasted crap, promises of taking attendence, and then failing to do so, side stories about the profs kids, and stupid questions from stupider people in the class. READ THE DAMN BOOK YOU IDIOTS!

Argh. And the weather is sh!t too. What else is new.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Morning. not much going on here today. It's my Friday though which is a plus. My company may have some sort of holiday gatherings on the corporate level, but not here in the trenches. Kind of a bummer really....I love free food. As for cold offices, mine is in our server room, which is climate controlled at 55 degrees 365 days a year. I'm always cold! It sucks. Snow is on it's way which may put a damper on my ride I had planned for tomorrow. Maybe if I can get out before noon it'll be ok. :think: We'll see... Treesaw, is Sq-Earl still doing Friday rides with the KAPL guys?
No...they ride on Sunday mornings now (when the weather is good). He may be interested in a ride though...I'll check with him and let you know.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Echo said:
Snow is snow. 4.5 years of dealing with it in Ithaca has made me immune to it. Of course....Subaru also helps my confidence.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey, our pay check stubs today have an extra day of time off added into our banks. Our company gave everyone (9,100 of us) an extra day as a way of saying "thanks for a good year." Cool. :cool: That puts me at 27 days this year. :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I Are Baboon said:
Hey, our pay check stubs today have an extra day of time off added into our banks. Our company gave everyone (9,100 of us) an extra day as a way of saying "thanks for a good year." Cool. :cool: That puts me at 27 days this year. :)
27 days? including paid holidays? or just vacation and personal days?

damn. i thought i had it good (20 vacation days, 3 personal days, plus the time between xmas and NYE off). of course, i've been here for 17 years (and i didn't use all my vacation days this year either)...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
27 days? including paid holidays? or just vacation and personal days?

damn. i thought i had it good (20 vacation days, 3 personal days, plus the time between xmas and NYE off). of course, i've been here for 17 years (and i didn't use all my vacation days this year either)...
I get 35 total days, less 9 holidays. That gives me 26 days to use as I wish, whether it be personal, sick or vacation. And actually, I got 29 days this year...my boss gave me two extra days off for working on holidays (Columbus and MLK).

We can elect to "cash in" vacation time and get a check. You have to elect that at the beginning of the year. I'd never be able to take six weeks off, so I am cashing in 7 days (the most I can based on my current balance).

This is my 4th employer since I graduated college. The people here don't know how good they have it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
robdamanii said:
I am seriously tearing my goddamned hair out here.

Why can I not just have a pleasent day this week? Why does every goddamned day have to be filled with conflit and aggrivation.
Pleasant is a state of mind young grasshopper. You must go to that state of mind, it will not come to you.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
robdamanii said:
I am seriously tearing my goddamned hair out here.

Why can I not just have a pleasent day this week? Why does every goddamned day have to be filled with conflit and aggrivation.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
You're correct, it is.

It's just a really hell of a hard place to get to when every outside influcence is hellbent on ruining your day that day.
F'ing life man!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
You don't know the half of it....
I could say that same thing to you.

You're in school man... thoes years were some of the best in my life. The end of the semesters sucked but still just think you could have a way worse life. Relax!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
stosh said:

You're in school man... thoes years were some of the best in my life. The end of the semesters sucked but still just think you could have a way worse life. Relax!
A good part of it isn't even the end of semester. Hell, the end of the semester really isn't important.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
A good part of it isn't even the end of semester. Hell, the end of the semester really isn't important.
So your life is just that bad. Well I'm sorry to hear that!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:

I loved schooled, I effed off and had fun most of the semester then thrived on the stress of catching up at the end. It was really nice to have a start and a finish of a semester to work for and look forward too. Get a job and it is nothing but bust your ass until you retire.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
I don't know, but I have two positions in my department I am trying to fill:

Payroll Clerk: ~30k
Business Analyst: ~50k

You in?
I've analyzed that my boss sucks at business. Can I apply?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
I don't know, but I have two positions in my department I am trying to fill:

Payroll Clerk: ~30k
Business Analyst: ~50k

You in?

sign me up as the Busines Payroll Analyst @ 75K, you get the $5K that would save

am I in?

ghettorigged

lawn dart extraordinare
Apr 8, 2002
Killadelphia
I Are Baboon said:
Our post counts dropped. That's about all you missed.
Yeah, I noticed that. wtf mate? :mumble:

And the board looks screwy. New format... not bad... kinda futuristic & ghey. Stosh's idea was it? ;)