Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning~~......should we fire Stosh?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I mean seriously, :stosh: has been late or absent on the GMT thread for weeks and weeks and weeks now. douglas kicked ass with it when STosh was in Cali - I thought Stosh would come back refreshed, but he's been slacking worse than when he left! Should he be fired from the GMT thread starting gig? ;) :D

So Good Morning Monkeys - how the hell is everyone this fine Thursday. I had a good night last night coaching my son's soccer team and then hanging out with Liam and Connor afterwards for a bit. Drove back home and grabbed a killer strawberries and cream milkshake at Maggie Moos ice cream in W. Hartford. Good stuff.

Took the dogs for a couple of good long night time walks, spent some time surfing the web, did two loads of laundry and called it a night.

Another gorgeous day here today - I think I'm going to do a post work hike tonight and then maybe watch some more World Cup of Hockey action.

What did you Monkeys do last night and what do you have planned.

I wish the best for all of the Florida Monkeys - that Hurricane looks mighty scary.

Cheers,

MMcG

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin

Had a crappy night last night. As you may know, we finally got into our house this week. We don't have countertops yet (as such, no stove), so we can't really cook at this point. We went to Lowes yesterday and bought a pretty nice grille and a propane tank. Got everything home and the grille turned out to be a natural gas setup, not propane. WHY THE HELL WOULD LOWES SELL US A NG GRILLE AND A PROPANE TANK??? Seems like logic would take over and the sales person (who had to get the grille and load it into the truck for us) would have mentioned something. Assholes... their all assholes!

Anyways.. ended up eating nuked hotdogs last night (a far cry from speedies and burgers like I had planned). Still getting settled into the house, so riding has been temporarily bumped down on the priority list a bit.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jacksonpt said:
home and the grille turned out to be a natural gas setup, not propane. WHY THE HELL WOULD LOWES SELL US A NG GRILLE AND A PROPANE TANK???
Because Lowe sucks! Well, in my limited experience there, Lowe's is fine as long as you don't have to actually speak to a store employee. Home Depot employees are always, always more helpful, friendly, and knowledgable.

Good morning! :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Because Lowe sucks! Well, in my limited experience there, Lowe's is fine as long as you don't have to actually speak to a store employee. Home Depot employees are always, always more helpful, friendly, and knowledgable.

Good morning! :)
Morning Babs - how's the house? How do Cadence and Velocity like their new digs??

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
raced at Dalton...there were 5 of us seconds apart racing for 3rd for most of the last 2 laps, passing & repassing each other........good stuff!

next week is the last week, with a BBQ afterward...............including a KEG! :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
raced at Dalton...there were 5 of us seconds apart racing for 3rd for most of the last 2 laps, passing & repassing each other........good stuff!

next week is the last week, with a BBQ afterward...............including a KEG! :D

Sounds like an exciting race Doug - where did you finish?

Will the keg be a keg of that local microbrew that they were talking up at the 24 Hours race?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
Because Lowe sucks! Well, in my limited experience there, Lowe's is fine as long as you don't have to actually speak to a store employee.
Yea, that certainly seems to be the case in my experience too. But for some reason I keep going back.

Ok, so maybe I'm the idiot then :rolleyes:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
G'morning all. Took my wife out for her second dirt ride of the season last night and she kicked ass! Her confidence of last season returned a lot faster than I expected. Now we just need to find her lungs from last season. She almost puked on the one climb. :) Hopefully she'll be ready for the Kingdom by October.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning Mark. I was about 10 miles from you last night.

Got 3 hours of sleep yesterday, worked all day, drove 2 hours.. I was beat! Crashed and burned at about 10:00, slept like a rock, and drove back here at 5:00 this morning.

Going to Brewfest @ Mt. Snow this weekend... Never been before, but it should be a good drunken time :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
BikeGeek said:
G'morning all. Took my wife out for her second dirt ride of the season last night and she kicked ass! Her confidence of last season returned a lot faster than I expected. Now we just need to find her lungs from last season. She almost puked on the one climb. :) Hopefully she'll be ready for the Kingdom by October.

She almost puked?? She wasn't riding hard enough then? ;)

Have her ride with me in October and I'll show her how to ride and puke in style! :blah: :D ;)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
binary visions said:
'morning Mark. I was about 10 miles from you last night.

Got 3 hours of sleep yesterday, worked all day, drove 2 hours.. I was beat! Crashed and burned at about 10:00, slept like a rock, and drove back here at 5:00 this morning.

Going to Brewfest @ Mt. Snow this weekend... Never been before, but it should be a good drunken time :D
Stephan, you should have told me, we coulda hooked up for a beer.

I'll play Stosh for a bit here - so did you get any Tang?
:rolleyes: :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning!
Took my brother to the Great Escape (amusement park) yesterday then went out for a nice ride. I can't believe my legs are still going. I have ridden everyday this week. :eek:

Got home a built-up my 24" rear wheel (YEAH...Diablo here I come) and had a late dinner.

This morning I have some stuff to do for school :( and then I am taking a group of new SMBA members out for a ride. Then it's beers & pizza for dinner I believe 'cause squirrel's cooking ;)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
Sounds like an exciting race Doug - where did you finish?

Will the keg be a keg of that local microbrew that they were talking up at the 24 Hours race?

out of that group of 5, I was 2nd ...........which (If I kept track correctly) put me into 4th.

Is there a 2nd :monkey: fest at the Kingdom trails in October??
details!!
(I hate to let my season pass go to waste)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MMcG said:
Stephan, you should have told me, we coulda hooked up for a beer.
Believe me, one beer and I would have passed out on the bar stool. I was dozing coming down route 20. Next time, though!

I'll play Stosh for a bit here - so did you get any Tang?
:evil:

J

JRB

Good mornin' yo. Had a great ride on the dirt last night. Perfect weather here. God speed to the Florida monkeys.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
TreeSaw said:
Morning!
Took my brother to the Great Escape (amusement park) yesterday then went out for a nice ride. I can't believe my legs are still going. I have ridden everyday this week. :eek:

Got home a built-up my 24" rear wheel (YEAH...Diablo here I come) and had a late dinner.

This morning I have some stuff to do for school :( and then I am taking a group of new SMBA members out for a ride. Then it's beers & pizza for dinner I believe 'cause squirrel's cooking ;)
Damn Yo you build wheels Treesaw??

You are having tons of fun lately - when does school start in NY and do you have a new teaching gig?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
out of that group of 5, I was 2nd ...........which (If I kept track correctly) put me into 4th.

details!!
I think BikeGeek is throwing out some dates/ideas - and I too would like to get back up there. I may only be able to ride on a Sunday, but I'd still love to do that.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
binary visions said:
Believe me, one beer and I would have passed out on the bar stool. I was dozing coming down route 20. Next time, though!

:evil:
I figured you didn't drive all that way just to cuddle! haha

Definitely give me a call the next time you are in town, oh yeah and if it is for a couple of days, then bring your bike and we'll ride!

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
goodmornin
left work this morning and went to the bike shop found a bike i want and now need a reason to not get it. i have 1 day before i leave for school so i gotta make my mind up quick.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
bella said:
goodmornin
left work this morning and went to the bike shop found a bike i want and now need a reason to not get it. i have 1 day before i leave for school so i gotta make my mind up quick.
Details, we need details. What kind of bike (road, MTB?) and who makes it?

What shop?

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
mtb. my first mtb i went downhilling and naturally loved the full suspension but my bank account doesnt. Im 5'0'' so i need a tiny bike. its a cannondale f300. nothin great but its a start. and pretty cheap

Farinas in watertown

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
bella said:
mtb. my first mtb i went downhilling and naturally loved the full suspension but my bank account doesnt. Im 5'0'' so i need a tiny bike. its a cannondale f300. nothin great but its a start. and pretty cheap

Farinas in watertown
What is your budget bella?

Have you looked at any 13" or 15" Jamis Dakar frames? Full suspension, good bang for the buck and they make em in pretty small sizes.

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
well i duno what my budget is. i saw this one and liked it and figured after my co-op coming up this year i can afford a bike that ill really want.
right now i really just want something to replace the pos trek that prolly cost like 200$ from 6 yrs ago. something i can beat up a bit.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
It just isn't a real GMT without stosh. I mean it's cool for people to pick up the slack when he's not around, but if he's not going to do it anymore, we should come up with something else rather than carry on a tradition that the originator doesn't think is worth carrying on. That would be like that silly ass Ferris Bueller TV show that had none of the actors from the movie.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:
It just isn't a real GMT without stosh. I mean it's cool for people to pick up the slack when he's not around, but if he's not going to do it anymore, we should come up with something else rather than carry on a tradition that the originator doesn't think is worth carrying on. That would be like that silly ass Ferris Bueller TV show that had none of the actors from the movie.
Maybe Stosh is on vacation again for athat long weekend in PA he mentioned.

But I hear you Echo and I nominate you to start something new and fresh! Can I get someone else to seconf my motion?
:D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
bella said:
well i duno what my budget is. i saw this one and liked it and figured after my co-op coming up this year i can afford a bike that ill really want.
right now i really just want something to replace the pos trek that prolly cost like 200$ from 6 yrs ago. something i can beat up a bit.
bella - how close are you to Belmont Wheelworks? They have a Wheelworks TOO store right next door where they sell used and new old stock bikes - might be something really good for you there. Just a thought.

http://www.wheelworks.com/info_too.htm

I saw that the Cannondale has a Manitou six fork on it - and I had one of those on my Marin Nail Trail that I bought a few years ago and it was a POS fork - just something to consider - but again I don't know what your budget is.

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
k good to know about the fork. thats what i was wondering bc if i bought the bike i dont want to have to throw money into it immediately.
i went to wheelworks. 3 issues with them.
a. theyre rude as hell
b. they tried to convince me that i fit on a 49'' bianchi frame
c. i still check there for the mtb stuff but it was all way to big

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
wait til you get to rochester - find a way to get to Trailblazers and see if Victor and the trailblazers guys can find you the best bang for your buck in a MTB. :)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
douglas said:
details!!
My wife and I are definitely heading to the Kingdom in October, most likely the first weekend (possibly the second, depending on when she can get off). We're staying in the campground at Burke Mtn. There's no reason it couldn't turn into another :monkey:fest, it would be great to see everyone.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BikeGeek said:
My wife and I are definitely heading to the Kingdom in October, most likely the first weekend (possibly the second, depending on when she can get off). We're staying in the campground at Burke Mtn. There's no reason it couldn't turn into another :monkey:fest, it would be great to see everyone.
MBC and I have no plans for October, so any weekend works for us. :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
I saw that the Cannondale has a Manitou six fork on it - and I had one of those on my Marin Nail Trail that I bought a few years ago and it was a POS fork - just something to consider - .

yes, I heard the six sucks big time!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
BikeGeek said:

ACK!! please dont make partII the 9th/10th !!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Morning Babs - how's the house? How do Cadence and Velocity like their new digs??
The house is great! It's really nice going home to it. :) It's still kind of a mess with all the painting going on. Everything is still in boxes downstairs and all our furniture (what little we have) is covered in plastic to protect it from paint.

The cats are settling in nicely and appear to be happy, although who the hell really knows. :p

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
bella said:
thank you MMcG.
Looks like ill be at trailblazers on monday :)
Ask for Victor - he even posts on the Monkey - and Echo, Tweek, Instigator etc. etc. can vouch for Trailblazers.

Tell em you are a Monkey and maybe that'll help as well. :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
The house is great! It's really nice going home to it. :) It's still kind of a mess with all the painting going on. Everything is still in boxes downstairs and all our furniture (what little we have) is covered in plastic to protect it from paint.

The cats are settling in nicely and appear to be happy, although who the hell really knows. :p
Great! When is the painting scheduled to be completed?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Great! When is the painting scheduled to be completed?
Well they told us 96 man hours, which is 12 days of work. The main guy already put in two days and he is bringing "serious help" the next few days. :D So I estimate a middle of next week completion.

He just told us 96 hours, two weeks max.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Well they told us 96 man hours, which is 12 days of work. The main guy already put in two days and he is bringing "serious help" the next few days. :D So I estimate a middle of next week completion.

He just told us 96 hours, two weeks max.
Holy Geez Yo that's a lot of painting!

Has Splat gotten in touch with you regarding this weekend??

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Holy Geez Yo that's a lot of painting!
Seven rooms plus the hallway and all the trim. He told us it was a big job, but we're scoring a major family discount.
Has Splat gotten in touch with you regarding this weekend??
Not since early in the week. All I know is we're riding with his crew Sunday at Case. Everything else is still kind of up in the air.