Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Well it is a good day today because I got my bonus. Holy crap it's equal to last year which is fine but I thought it was going to be WAY WAY less!!

So what's everybody doing for new years?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Congrats on the bonus, Stosh!

I am having my job restructured at work (in a good way). My VP told me to create and send my new job description to HR for compensation analysis. WTF? I thought HR did that stuff. In any case, it'll probably result in more money for me. WOO HOO!

MBC and I are heading up to Mt Snow early tomorrow morning for two days of skiing. I think we have a New Year's Eve party there at MBC's cousin's husband's dad's house (got that?). He's filthy rich and spares no expense. Should be FUN FUN FUN!! Skiing should be fun too. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Congrats on the bonus, Stosh!

I am having my job restructured at work (in a good way). My VP told me to create and send my new job description to HR for compensation analysis. WTF? I thought HR did that stuff. In any case, it'll probably result in more money for me. WOO HOO!

MBC and I are heading up to Mt Snow early tomorrow morning for two days of skiing. I think we have a New Year's Eve party there at MBC's cousin's husband's dad's house (got that?). He's filthy rich and spares no expense. Should be FUN FUN FUN!! Skiing should be fun too. :)
I wish I had somewhere "all inclusive" like that to go. My plans are still up in the air and to tell you the truth I really don't want to do anything.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Heading to Times Square for New Years! Should be a fun time. Crazy, and I'm sure I'll probably never go back, but still a lot of fun :D - it's supposed to be above 40 degrees and clear.

Had Christmas at my dad & stepmom's last night and I can't believe all the stuff they gave me... Way too much. Got a telephoto lens for my camera, 256mb Memory Stick Pro, 256mb USB stick, Photoshop Elements 3.0, some clothes... Sheesh.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wow thats a lot. I was kind of pissed at my GF's parents, they gave me $100 which I thought was way to much. I wish they wouldn't do that.

OH and on a side note I'm using my bonus to get myself totally out of debt except for my car loan.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
binary visions said:
Heading to Times Square for New Years! Should be a fun time. Crazy, and I'm sure I'll probably never go back, but still a lot of fun :D - it's supposed to be above 40 degrees and clear.

Had Christmas at my dad & stepmom's last night and I can't believe all the stuff they gave me... Way too much. Got a telephoto lens for my camera, 256mb Memory Stick Pro, 256mb USB stick, Photoshop Elements 3.0, some clothes... Sheesh.
Times Square? Where do you live? Thought you were a left coaster.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
:angry: no xmas bonus this year

for ny eve, I'm going w/my friend Deb to a house party

A coworker bought me Resident Evil:Apocalypse now on dvd :cool:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Westy said:
Times Square? Where do you live? Thought you were a left coaster.
Nah, southwest New Hampshire.

Only reason I missed Monkeyfest this year is that our entire department had to come in that weekend.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was supposed to go skiing over the long weekend. Friends of mine rented a big condo and we were going to have about 6 people crash there. But one of the people going was this chick who appearantly feels uncomfortable around me, so I got uninvited. This poor girl is a litte whacked in the head. I met her at said friends wedding, we got drunk I got her phone number. After talking to her once when both of us were sober I realized she was the most passive aggressive person I have ever met. I never called her back, nor made any promises to do so. Seems she became very upset over it. Go figure, I'm gonna ride my ass of this weekend anyway.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wont get it until February but I am supposed to get a bonus for 2004 that will be equal to 3 weeks of pay:). It will really just go to pay off my CC from buying my Yeti:(.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
:angry: no xmas bonus this year

for ny eve, I'm going w/my friend Deb to a house party

A coworker bought me Resident Evil:Apocalypse now on dvd :cool:
I want to see that movie.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Bonus ? whats a Bonus . the closest I get is Right now I'm carrying our emegency Pager here at work and that is $150 a week extra to carry it.
That would have taken me 16.5 weeks to earn my bonus.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
I wont get it until February but I am supposed to get a bonus for 2004 that will be equal to 3 weeks of pay:). It will really just go to pay off my CC from buying my Yeti:(.
The take home value of my bonus is = 5 weeks of take home pay.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
:eek:

That's a lot of dough. We don't get anywhere near that... My bonus works out to about a week and a half or so of take-home pay.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
stosh said:

Wow, that's a pretty generous bonus! I got 1 week and thought that was pretty good...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Sweet, man. The things I could do with a check that big. I got a bonus for Christmas, but it was equal to about four days' pay. I'm not complaining though...my bonus was purely discretionary and they didn't have to give me anything. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
:eek:

That's a lot of dough. We don't get anywhere near that... My bonus works out to about a week and a half or so of take-home pay.
Yeah and this year we didn't do that well.

See it's a small office and we have profit sharing. On a big job we can easily make $50k profit split among 5 people and i'm at the bottom. My base salary isn't awesome but the bonuses are good.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Sweet, man. The things I could do with a check that big. I got a bonus for Christmas, but it was equal to about four days' pay. I'm not complaining though...my bonus was purely discretionary and they didn't have to give me anything. :)
I'm paying off debt that is all I'm doing with it. :)

It will feel good to be back to 0. Gives us a reason to seriously start saving as well. I'm going to spend a few hunderd on a desk and just a few other little things.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
stosh said:
That would have taken me 16.5 weeks to earn my bonus.
stosh said:
:confused: Holy taxes... 16.5 weeks of pay and your take home is only 5 weeks?!?!??!?! :confused:

I left New england b/c 40% (or more) of every check went elsewhere...

My bonus this year is 10% of my salary... after taxes that is enough to pay off the rest of my wedding loan and still have 40% of it left over!!! :cool:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
bonus haha.....

i have absolutely no plans for the New Years, so from previous experience of approaching the New Years Eve holiday without plans, it can go one of two ways. Total boring sleeping event or a frikkin unexpected blast.

i'm working at Safeco Feild for a few weeks. They are pulling up the concrete on the main concourse above the seating that has cracked, so we're re-doing the waterproofing underneath. It's been a pretty neat week sitting down for lunch spacing out on the ball-feild. It's got me jonesin for the baseball season. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Slugman said:
:confused: Holy taxes... 16.5 weeks of pay and your take home is only 5 weeks?!?!??!?! :confused:

I left New england b/c 40% (or more) of every check went elsewhere...

My bonus this year is 10% of my salary... after taxes that is enough to pay off the rest of my wedding loan and still have 40% of it left over!!! :cool:
You read that wrong. If I was getting 150/week it would take 16.5 weeks. However the cash take home of my bonus is about 60% of what it actually is.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Skookum said:
bonus haha.....

i have absolutely no plans for the New Years, so from previous experience of approaching the New Years Eve holiday without plans, it can go one of two ways. Total boring sleeping event or a frikkin unexpected blast.

i'm working at Safeco Feild for a few weeks. They are pulling up the concrete on the main concourse above the seating that has cracked, so we're re-doing the waterproofing underneath. It's been a pretty neat week sitting down for lunch spacing out on the ball-feild. It's got me jonesin for the baseball season. :)
what's safeco field? what do you do?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
stosh said:
You read that wrong. If I was getting 150/week it would take 16.5 weeks. However the cash take home of my bonus is about 60% of what it actually is.
Gotch... :thumb:

Still early here on the west coast... :D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Skookum said:
It's scary to think of what Ichiro will do in '05 with Beltre and Sexson hitting behind him. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Slugman said:
Gotch... :thumb:

Still early here on the west coast... :D
Yeah and the taxes still suck here on the East Coast. I'll get some back when I do my taxes though.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all. I'm back in Denver after being in St. Louis for a week. Had a great time. The drive out sucked, but the drive back was awesome. I got to see most of the people I wanted to hook up with, and Evy had a great Christmas. I couldn't have fit one more present into my truck. I also got to meet my new nephew Soren who's now about 4 months old. We have no plans for New Years. Probably just lay low and hang around at home.

I'll be getting my company bonus in Feb. The company has hit 98-99% of our goals, so it should be a decent bonus. I'm thinking it may go toward laser eye surgery.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
stosh said:
what's safeco field? what do you do?
Where the Seattle Mariners play.... it's really a super nice stadium, the company i work for now did the waterproofing and i've worked with guys who put the roofing on the retractable roof. On some sections, they had to hang from rope and "hang out" all day to do the job.
http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/american/seabpk.htm

Roofer/Waterproofer Local 54

I Are Baboon said:
It's scary to think of what Ichiro will do in '05 with Beltre and Sexson hitting behind him. :)
He'll score a hell of alot more runs, that's for sure. We got a great rookie in Jeremy Reed from the White Sox in the Freddy Garcia trade, i'm sure they'll have him batting second, the front of our lineup is looking very solid.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?statsId=7284&context=batting

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Mornin all. No work tomorrow! Woo hoo!
Congrats on the bonus stosh. Man, I wish I had a bonus.
Going to a friends place for a NYE poker party. Getting outta Pasadena before the madness starts.
Dang, I should never drink that much on a wednesday. I am soooo tired. :dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
Mornin all. I'm back in Denver after being in St. Louis for a week. Had a great time. The drive out sucked, but the drive back was awesome. I got to see most of the people I wanted to hook up with, and Evy had a great Christmas. I couldn't have fit one more present into my truck. I also got to meet my new nephew Soren who's now about 4 months old. We have no plans for New Years. Probably just lay low and hang around at home.

I'll be getting my company bonus in Feb. The company has hit 98-99% of our goals, so it should be a decent bonus. I'm thinking it may go toward laser eye surgery.
man I want that laser eye surgery so badly too....
I'm scared of it though.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
VA state income taxes are much lower than NY. At least, that's what my payroll system tells me. Plus VA doesn't have any local income taxes like NYC does.

EDIT: Either way 25% of your bonus check, not matter what state you're in, is going to Federal Income Tax.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
VA state income taxes are much lower than NY. At least, that's what my payroll system tells me. Plus VA doesn't have any local income taxes like NYC does.

EDIT: Either way 25% of your bonus check, not matter what state you're in, is going to Federal Income Tax.
I've lived in both states and Va is much lower. Although we do have personal property tax on cars, but considering gas prices are also low I don't mind paying them.