Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Nothing much to report today. I watched a movie called Wicker Park last night, and I was surprized by how good it was. If you're at the movie store and can't find a movie rent this one.

Signed up for classes last night. If I play my cards right there is a slight chance I could graduate next spring......

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Watched H&K go to white castle (again) last night

I am currently an applicant but I plan to become a member of the local ski club (have to go to 3 meetings, 3 ski trips & do 3 volunteers).........the main reason is so in the summer when they have their outdoor volleyball league I can have/make my own team

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
Watched H&K go to white castle (again) last night

I am currently an applicant but I plan to become a member of the local ski club (have to go to 3 meetings, 3 ski trips & do 3 volunteers).........the main reason is so in the summer when they have their outdoor volleyball league I can have/make my own team
ha nice!!
How was H&K?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Did nothing last night. The wife is in St. Louis on business so my daughter and I just watched Spongebob until our eyes were bleeding!! :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Did nothing last night. The wife is in St. Louis on business so my daughter and I just watched Spongebob until our eyes were bleeding!! :thumb:
Nice!!!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Went to the gym last night. Probably be back there tonight. A cold front blew through. It is in the low 40's, and the wind is howling -- not good for a road ride -- and it f'in rained again so trails are out.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
Nothing last night but a couple of beers, dinner, and I watched LOST, and part of Alias, before my son wanted me to build a Lite Brite picture with him. After the kids were in bed I had a quick 30min work out. Yesterday it was 70, last night it rained and brought a cold front with it. I think it was like 38 not counting the dang wind chill.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
JSB said:
Nothing last night but a couple of beers, dinner, and I watched LOST, and part of Alias, before my son wanted me to build a Lite Brite picture with him. After the kids were in bed I had a quick 30min work out. Yesterday it was 70, last night it rained and brought a cold front with it. I think it was like 38 not counting the dang wind chill.
suck it up! 38 is HOT this time of year! We're getting into the 50's today.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wumpus said:
Went to the gym last night. Probably be back there tonight. A cold front blew through. It is in the low 40's, and the wind is howling -- not good for a road ride -- and it f'in rained again so trails are out.
How much do you pay in Gym membership?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Slow day today...testing at school so not many students are coming in for their lessons :(. Oh well. I can get more work done that way.

Had a great ride on the trainer last night (1 hour 10 minutes) and plan on trying to get out on the road tonight...gotta take advantage of the good weather while it's here :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh.

Played a bunch of GTA: San Andreas last night.. There's only a few video games that I actually enjoy playing and that's about five of them.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Wumpus said:
How do ya'll do that? 30 minutes is about my max. I've never made it past 45 min.
I used to only do 30 then I bumped it up to 45min. Last night was a the first time I have made it past the hour mark and I felt great. I didn't do quite as many sprints as I had doing lower times so I am sure that's why I made it. I just listened to the radio for the first 40 minutes and then the news came on and I watched that as I finished the last 30 minutes.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
The one we have now doesn't, but it sucks to share it so we're looking at getting another set of rollers and we want it to have adjustable resistance.
gottcha, I couldn't imagine being on the rollers for even an hour... so boring!!! I push to make it to 1/2hr.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
stosh said:
gottcha, I couldn't imagine being on the rollers for even an hour... so boring!!! I push to make it to 1/2hr.

yah, it isn't so bad if you're watching a football game or a movie.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Whats the point of the movie?

the point?

umm, road trips are fun.......or.......white castle is perfect for munchies after you get high..........or.......if you are are freak but love jesus you can get yourself some mighty fine booty............or.........be a man & stand up for yourself and life will be better...........or......I know: don't pick up Doogie howser, MD if you see him hitchhiking, yeah thats it!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I can go a while on the trainer if there is music. Mine is so loud I need headphones to listen. Then the headphones get filled with sweat eventualy, and my ear.. It's a mess.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Wumpus said:
How do ya'll do that? 30 minutes is about my max. I've never made it past 45 min.
Music helps. And intervals seem to make it go faster. If I push the intervals hard, I'm ready to puke after an hour. It's a great workout.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Heidi said:
yah, it isn't so bad if you're watching a football game or a movie.
football puts me to sleep even when I'm not already bored on the trainer.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
douglas said:
I am seriously thinking of doing a 3 hour spin class saturday :dead:
Go for it, those are pretty fun because they keep stuff changing. Much better than being in a room by yourself for 3 hours.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I bought an actual spin bike a couple years ago to do my winter training on. But, I use my road bike hooked up to a trainer a lot too.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
...finishing up work here in Cleveland... Im only 12 miles away from Ray's Indoor Freeride Park, but no bike, so, just going to look would frustrate the heck out of me... plus I'd rather ride with my peeps... :thumb:

Seein' its winter and all, NE monkey's should do a day trip down here... 4 hours one way...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Wumpus said:
So do you all ride rollers or stationary trainers? I have a hard time watching TV and not falling off my rollers.
Rollers for me. I used to have a tough time watching TV or grabbing a towel or water, but I am used to it now and I think I am spinning faster than I was at first so the balance is easier. The one tough thing for me is getting up on them because I am so short (I can't reach the floor). I ended up making a little step for me to get on and off them without crashing :p