Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Wumpus said:
So do you all ride rollers or stationary trainers? I have a hard time watching TV and not falling off my rollers.
Rollers with fluid resistance unit. I can never get enough resistance out of a stationary trainer. Watching freeride videos has in the past caused some interesting maneuvers on the rollers :D but lately I just listen to music.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
My trainer is a wind resistance unit, and it's a fossil. The only way I can get enough resistance is to run low pressure in the tire and squish the roller in real hard. I know when each session is about done when I smell the burning rubber :)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Crashby said:
...finishing up work here in Cleveland... Im only 12 miles away from Ray's Indoor Freeride Park, but no bike, so, just going to look would frustrate the heck out of me...
You should at least go look at it and make sure it's worth the trip!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Heidi said:
awwwwe, how cute! :)
LOL! My hubby made it for me because I was having a tough time when we got the rollers last winter (there were several crashes nearly landing me on our bar, or into the steel beam supports). Now we have a whole "station" set up. There's a chin-up style bar hanging up to our left with a water bottle and towel hanging on it, the step to the right and the tv is straight ahead. :)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i got laid off today, guess our big job at the huge Redmond UPS hub is on delay since there are issues with some bunk insulation we recieved. :(
man i'm so disappointed what am i gonna do for the 2 weeks til this and other jobs pop up?....... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

;) bikey......... :p :devil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Waiting for UPS to arrive with a big box.....:devil:

Other than that, just busy here at work, nothing else to report.

Have a good day! :)
what's coming in the big box?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
3 hours off spinning sounds brutal, but i guess you can gauge yr output and adjust accordingly. i'm usually sweating like crazy 15 minutes into it, and it's funny to see some people who still look like they just got on the bike. my limited data set would seem to suggest that most women in my class either don't sweat much and/or don't push hard.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Skookum said:
i got laid off today, guess our big job at the huge Redmond UPS hub is on delay since there are issues with some bunk insulation we recieved. :(
man i'm so disappointed what am i gonna do for the 2 weeks til this and other jobs pop up?....... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

What's the temp up there?
You're in the union right?
How many bay's is the UPS hub?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Skookum said:

:eek: Sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully the weather cooperates for all the fun you're going to have with the bikey! :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
thanx for the kind words everyone, it's very common in my job to get laid off for months at a time so i'm actually glad it's gonna only be for a few weeks.

anyways yah i'm in the union so if there's work for other companies i can jump ship for a job then go back to my old shop if i choose to. In the meantime i collect unemployment, but since last year was slow and i was out of work during the busy summer i'm a little hosed, but it's cool, being poor builds character.:monkey:

Yah the UPS hub in Redmond is HUGE!!!!!! They have about 8 rows for different regions on the Eastside of Seattle and Lake Washington.... Anyways each section stretches back for 300 feet at least!!! So i can't even begin to guess how many trucks and bays for each region, let alone how many packages get distributed through there. All's i can say is that it's a complete madhouse walking thru there in the morning. The it's incredibly surreal to come down during break after all the trucks have left, since you have silence in a huge empty warehouse. The roof is about 50 to 70 feet above to help the scope. i think it's pretty neat.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Now we have a whole "station" set up. There's a chin-up style bar hanging up to our left with a water bottle and towel hanging on it, the step to the right and the tv is straight ahead. :)
Need a roomate? :D

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
man you're already living in the backyard nowyou want to move inside....
If they could move all their stunts from the yard to the inside, I'd never leave the house! Except to ride the Vortex of course!! :sneaky:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
stosh said:
kinda chilly, you get much snow?
in the lower elevations no. Kind of funny that this last week was supposed to be our huge winter blast. People up north in Bellingham (Dwaugh's city close to the border) got some, but in Seattle it's very rare. Here's the extent of the only night we got a few inches accumalated in the clearcut, but it never touched the ground from the canopy of trees in the forests....

But the surrounding Cascade and Olympic mountains? Way different story. Washington is very weird in the respect you can spend a day driving and see 4 or 5 very different terrains with varied weather conditions.

Here's a pic of me that Oly took of our ride last Sunday...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
narlus said:
3 hours off spinning sounds brutal, but i guess you can gauge yr output and adjust accordingly. i'm usually sweating like crazy 15 minutes into it, and it's funny to see some people who still look like they just got on the bike. my limited data set would seem to suggest that most women in my class either don't sweat much and/or don't push hard.
did I mention it would be my 3rd ever spin class??

The chick that does the spin class is awesome (she owns the gym and has placed at all sorts of various competitions in the northeast)

yeah, I saw a few w/ a cadance of around 40-50, I wonder if they left their tension in the lowest spot the hole time?

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
i get my follow up appointment for last weeks surgery today! i aint been allowed to take the bandages off my arm since the surgery, so i'm excited to see the pins sticking outta my skin...
i feel like frankenstein. but not to worry! i'll be back on a board by march!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
flatulant_man said:
i get my follow up appointment for last weeks surgery today! i aint been allowed to take the bandages off my arm since the surgery, so i'm excited to see the pins sticking outta my skin...
i feel like frankenstein. but not to worry! i'll be back on a board by march!
thats cool! What exactly is the problem?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
hello - and good afternoon - I'm late, but that's because I officially filed for divorce this morning.......it feels both good and bad. Good that I'm finally tackling this hurdle, bad well because it is going to really really kill my wallet and checking account. :(

I better pay for the Dalton race when I get payed next friday so I can secure that at least! So be ready for a check IAB.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
hello - and good afternoon - I'm late, but that's because I officially filed for divorce this morning.......it feels both good and bad. Good that I'm finally tackling this hurdle, bad well because it is going to really really kill my wallet and checking account. :(

I better pay for the Dalton race when I get payed next friday so I can secure that at least! So be ready for a check IAB.
the 24hr race?

You get my last PM?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
yes payment for Dalton - by that date I should be officially divorced as our court date could be May 16th if everthing goes smoothly.

I did get it - how much for just the frame minus the shock?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
yes payment for Dalton - by that date I should be officially divorced as our court date could be May 16th if everthing goes smoothly.

I did get it - how much for just the frame minus the shock?
don't know