Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'm in early today for some reason! oh well I guess I'll just play around on the net for a 1/2hr. :)

What's everybody up to today?

Have a great day!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ahhh I set up my BILL PAY account thru my bank. I can't wait till the day when I dont' have to write ANY checks!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
How is everybody today?
I'm in early today for some reason! oh well I guess I'll just play around on the net for a 1/2hr. :)
dont you do that 8 hours a day?

stosh said:
What's everybody up to today?
Have a great day!
today=work (meeting today), go home & work out, go to ski club meeting, pack for Boston.....and if I have time order a few bikey things for my trip out west

you have a great day too!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
Ahhh I set up my BILL PAY account thru my bank. I can't wait till the day when I dont' have to write ANY checks!!!
I've been doing that for several months now. I have all of the companies whose bills I can pay online, setup to send me emails, and all of the companies who don't have on-line bill paying receive checks from my bank's bill-pay service.

It's sweet - I can pay every bill I have in about 5 minutes.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
dont you do that 8 hours a day?

today=work (meeting today), go home & work out, go to ski club meeting, pack for Boston.....and if I have time order a few bikey things for my trip out west

you have a great day too!
By doing that 8hrs a day you mean Multi-tasking right?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
I've been doing that for several months now. I have all of the companies whose bills I can pay online, setup to send me emails, and all of the companies who don't have on-line bill paying receive checks from my bank's bill-pay service.

It's sweet - I can pay every bill I have in about 5 minutes.
Yep I just have it set up right now to just sent checks. I nee to go thru and find out which companies can be paid via E-mail.

I want to talk to my landlord and see if I can't pay him this way too.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Stosh - too bad that shop didn't have a Hollowpoint frame in your size. I thought we had found you your frame last night. Bummer.

I had fun last night at Laura's daughter's basketball game.

Got on the trainer for a half hour this morning - I gotta figure out a way to make it more interesting - but I doubt that is possible. I guess I'll just have to trudge along with it. I want to be a stronger part of Team 4 Monkeys and a Baboon this year!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
I write about one check a year. You see, my wife handles all the finances, so all the bills just seem to take care of themselves every month.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning Stosh - too bad that shop didn't have a Hollowpoint frame in your size. I thought we had found you your frame last night. Bummer.

Got on the trainer for a half hour this morning - I gotta figure out a way to make it more interesting - but I doubt that is possible. I guess I'll just have to trudge along with it. I want to be a stronger part of Team 4 Monkeys and a Baboon this year!
I've e-mailed about 10 other shops nobody is selling just the frame... I think I'm falling into a depression.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
I write about one check a year. You see, my wife handles all the finances, so all the bills just seem to take care of themselves every month.
Or so you think!!! :) j/k

I like to handle the bills.

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
MMcG said:

Hi all!

hey Mark, get one of thoses vidéogames that you connect to your trainer..it would sure be funnier!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
I want to talk to my landlord and see if I can't pay him this way too.
You don't even have to ask him unless you're just being considerate. All the bank does is pay themselves out of your account and write a check. No different from you writing your own check.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
STOSH!!!

What's the name of that residential design book you mentioned a while back???
The Not so big house.

Get the original one there is about 3 other books that came after it all re-hashing the same thing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
You don't even have to ask him unless you're just being considerate. All the bank does is pay themselves out of your account and write a check. No different from you writing your own check.
Yeah ok thats what I thought. I'll have to let him know though so he doesn't discard the check. This is all part of me saving and getting better at managing my money.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:
The Not so big house.

Get the original one there is about 3 other books that came after it all re-hashing the same thing.

I was thinking it was "home by Design" or something or other...

I'm starting framing today on my Parade of Homes house. It's 1779_sf of living area...

Thanks for the book lead.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
Yeah ok thats what I thought. I'll have to let him know though so he doesn't discard the check. This is all part of me saving and getting better at managing my money.
Actually, it comes in a big envelope that says, "PAYMENT ENCLOSED" in big bold letters on it so I doubt he'll throw it away ;)

Good for you, taking steps to get better with your finances..

I was doing so well, and now I've got to go spend $500 on my car after work today :( :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
I was thinking it was "home by Design" or something or other...

I'm starting framing today on my Parade of Homes house. It's 1779_sf of living area...

Thanks for the book lead.
What do you mean "Parade of Homes" house?

THe book is a great informative quick read for the average person.

Most people don't understand what good and bad space is in a home. There are subtle differences that make people feel different.
In the book she touches on how kids react to spaces differently than adults and how you can learn from that and make your home more enjoyable.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:

Most people don't understand what good and bad space is in a home. There are subtle differences that make people feel different.
In the book she touches on how kids react to spaces differently than adults and how you can learn from that and make your home more enjoyable.
Our local Home Builders Ass'n puts on an annual Parade of Homes Tour every year. As a member I can build a house and enter it in the Tour. Think of it as mass advertising. Usually suppliers will cut some cost in exchange for some advertising of their products in the house.

This is a common thing for Home Builder Ass'n's to do throughout the US.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I should be on the trails in about an hour and a half.

We hit 70* yesterday and today looks to be about the same.

Made it to the gym last night.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Actually, it comes in a big envelope that says, "PAYMENT ENCLOSED" in big bold letters on it so I doubt he'll throw it away ;)

Good for you, taking steps to get better with your finances..

I was doing so well, and now I've got to go spend $500 on my car after work today :( :(
My car needs new tires so that will be close to 500

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
I should be on the trails in about an hour and a half.

We hit 70* yesterday and today looks to be about the same.

Made it to the gym last night.
Did you get the cranks to work?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
Our local Home Builders Ass'n puts on an annual Parade of Homes Tour every year. As a member I can build a house and enter it in the Tour. Think of it as mass advertising. Usually suppliers will cut some cost in exchange for some advertising of their products in the house.

This is a common thing for Home Builder Ass'n's to do throughout the US.
Awesome if you need a hand or suggestions you could always mail me plans or what-ever.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning all.

Rode last night again - knee is iffy still but I'm pushing through. Today will be gym day, more millions of situps.

It's so friggin nice out!!!!!!

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:

WTF... she has some "not so big" house plans on her website that are over 3,000_sf of living area... that ain't small.

I need plans in the 1500-1800_sf range esp when houses are selling for $105+ per sf here...

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
'Morn Stosh - all...

Lost one of my credit card's last night, or maybe night-before... I donno...
Looked everywhere, so called the bank & had them cancel it, I didn't know they can cancel just one card, my wife's card will still be good.
No other charges than ours, so it's somewhere... :confused:

On the riding note: This week's morning commute - 60 degrees !!!
Quite warmer than the 40 from last week...
Only bummer is the high wind going home, but that's OK, I can live with it :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
WTF... she has some "not so big" house plans on her website that are over 3,000_sf of living area... that ain't small.

I need plans in the 1500-1800_sf range esp when houses are selling for $105+ per sf here...
I think I might have something for you......

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ET_SoCal said:
'Morn Stosh - all...

Lost one of my credit card's last night, or maybe night-before... I donno...
Looked everywhere, so called the bank & had them cancel it, I didn't know they can cancel just one card, my wife's card will still be good.
No other charges than ours, so it's somewhere... :confused:

On the riding note: This week's morning commute - 60 degrees !!!
Quite warmer than the 40 from last week...
Only bummer is the high wind going home, but that's OK, I can live with it :D
I wish I lived is Souther Cali.

BigHit-Maniac

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
What's up everyone?

Thursday mornin for me is already draggin'. Sittin here researching companies in Oklahoma. There's like nothing in oklahoma but red dirt.... ;)

At least today is my FRIDAY, and I have tomorrow off. W00t w00t.

I'm also sitting here looking out the window, and thinking I'm actually gunna break my bike out of the cobb-webs in my basement, and RIDE IT today. It's in the upper 40's today, and *finally* the sun is showing.

Time to ride sir Demo Nine. It's been since October 04' since I've ridden it!

AHHH... too damned long... I'm wondering if I can still manual it... :mumble:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
do people still build new houses that small? i guess the boston area has a warped sense of perspective. because buildable land is so expensive, most new houses are 3000 sq ft and up.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
do people still build new houses that small? i guess the boston area has a warped sense of perspective. because buildable land is so expensive, most new houses are 3000 sq ft and up.
my first house will be that size (if I ever get to build my own).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
ours didn't start out that size, but it was cheaper to add an addition rather than buy a new house.
I prefer a small home. Harder to collect things easier/cheaper to furnish.

I prefer quality to quantity.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
I prefer quality to quantity.
who says you can't have both?

personally i couldn't care less about how big my bedroom is, but we wanted a large, open plan space for the kitchen, dining area, and tv/family area. i couldnt' be happier as to how it turned out.