Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
who says you can't have both?

personally i couldn't care less about how big my bedroom is, but we wanted a large, open plan space for the kitchen, dining area, and tv/family area. i couldnt' be happier as to how it turned out.
I agree, but open doesn't always mean extra sq ft.

You can't really have both on a limited budget either.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Opeth said:
Morning :stosh: will only be around a bit longer today then I'm going to be gone for a couple of days, going back up to NH.

Where are ya now?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
I agree, but open doesn't always mean extra sq ft.

You can't really have both on a limited budget either.
true. but we've been in the house for almost 10 years, and had a place for 3 years before that too, so it's not like it was our starter home and we had some scratch to make it happen.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
true. but we've been in the house for almost 10 years, and had a place for 3 years before that too, so it's not like it was our starter home and we had some scratch to make it happen.
I'm not being critical of your home or anything...

If I had 200k to spend, I would prefer to have a smaller home for the money with better trim and more detailed.

If I had 1million to spend, I would prefer to have a smaller home for the money with better trim and more detailed.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
Trust me... unless you have 4 kids or something, anything over 2100_sf you are just showing off...
yep or you think you need the room for "Stuff"

You gonn read that book?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
so what if you are a childless couple? is anything over 1400 sq ft showing off?

Nope.. 2100_sf is more than plenty for 2-4 people.

The one thing everyone needs is a 3 car garage though...

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:
yep or you think you need the room for "Stuff"

You gonn read that book?

I pick up a copy at luchtime... read chapt 1 already...

Intersting... thanks for the lead! :thumb:

It reminds me of a young childless couple that was looking at my house and commenting that they liked everything but they thought the kitchen was too small based on all the other houses they were looking at and based on pictures in mag's they'd seen. When I asked them how they use the kitchen (as in does one or both of them cook at the same time, etc...) they said they didn't ever cook at home. So I asked them why they wanted to pay $16,000 ($110/SF) for a space they never used... they didn't know what to say.

:confused:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
Nope.. 2100_sf is more than plenty for 2-4 people.

The one thing everyone needs is a 3 car garage though...
what if you have two 2000 sq ft homes; is that showing off too?

be sure to send me the updated N8's guide to life when it comes out...i wanna see what else i am non-compliant w/ .

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:

be sure to send me the updated N8's guide to life when it comes out...i wanna see what else i am non-compliant w/ .

Of course this rule-of-thumb doesn't apply to you because you are 'special.'

:D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well i don't have two homes, so i was wondering how it worked in N8 algorithm. is it a summation?

oh, i've got 5 bikes too. that's probably 4 too many. ;)

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
well i don't have two homes, so i was wondering how it worked in N8 algorithm. is it a summation?

oh, i've got 5 bikes too. that's probably 4 too many. ;)

Well, if you had two 2000_sf homes you should sell one and give the proceeds to the Tsunami victims who live 3 people-per-meter deep...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:

YOu can find it in the book store, it's George W BUsh's life story.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Goog Morning Stosh! (yes it is still morning here) :D

The USPS just dropped this off! Wohoo! :thumb:

Wow! Second frame in a week that has been delivered to my work, makes life exciting!

Other than that, just busy here at work. Have a great day! :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
Well, if you had two 2000_sf homes you should sell one and give the proceeds to the Tsunami victims who live 3 people-per-meter deep...
seriously, though - if you are steadfast in yr contention that a house larger than 2100 sq ft is showing off, i would infer that you also think two houses (as long as combined, they exceed the magic N8 number of 2100 sq ft) are showing off. as a builder, i would think you want to maximize yr market.

which one is it?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:

Wow! Second frame in a week that has been delivered to my work, makes life exciting!

You sucks money bags!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Shyrmp said:

That frame is hot!!

Man I can't believe it got to you that fast! USPS must like you more than me.
:)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
N8 said:
Trust me... unless you have 4 kids or something, anything over 2100_sf you are just showing off...
:nope: My house is more than 2100_sf and we have the necessary 3 bay garage (a single and a double) and it's just me the man and the cat. And no, we aren't showing off.

We believe it gives us plenty of room for our toys, the necessary man space (aka workshop), bar space and kitchen area! Although, another garage bay would be nice! :sneaky:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
TreeSaw said:
:nope: My house is more than 2100_sf and we have the necessary 3 bay garage (a single and a double) and it's just me the man and the cat. And no, we aren't showing off.

We believe it gives us plenty of room for our toys, the necessary man space (aka workshop), bar space and kitchen area! Although, another garage bay would be nice! :sneaky:

One can NEVER have too much garage space....

:p