Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Hey, my instructor yesterday said "Ok, we're going up a hill but we're going to stay seated. Make sure you get way back in the saddle for the hill climb." I thought...."uhhhhh, what?" I guess we were practicing the "fall off the back of your saddle on a climb" technique.

Eh, I'm probably just dumb.

dang...maybe you should teach the class!

the chick that instructs mine has raced (and podiumed) at Tri's, she also owns the gym

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I Are Baboon said:
Hey, my instructor yesterday said "Ok, we're going up a hill but we're going to stay seated. Make sure you get way back in the saddle for the hill climb." I thought...."uhhhhh, what?" I guess we were practicing the "fall off the back of your saddle on a climb" technique.

Eh, I'm probably just dumb.
i find that they emphasize different techniques which you wouldn't want to do on a trail. for instance, the standing climb, but w/ yr butt hovering over the saddle. i can't see any reason why you would actually want to pedal that way on a bike ride, but it's a great workout for yr quads. kinda like a standing squat w/ yr legs moving. feel the burn, indeed.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
i find that they emphasize different techniques which you wouldn't want to do on a trail. for instance, the standing climb, but w/ yr butt hovering over the saddle. i can't see any reason why you would actually want to pedal that way on a bike ride, but it's a great workout for yr quads. kinda like a standing squat w/ yr legs moving. feel the burn, indeed.
Hmmm...good point about the spin class having its own technique. I was always under the impression that the class was supposed to simulate real riding. I guess that's what I get for not thinking outside the box. So next class I will follow instruction instead of just doing it my own way. :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well i must admit i wear cotton T shirts (too arsed to wear bike jerseys) and my bike shoes are clean (because i bought them in Dec and there's been a meter of snow on the ground since then).

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well last time i wore one of my 24 hr race Ts, does that lift me out of the poseur category? and i've got a real-life water bottle. :p