Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Spent some time on the rollers last night and worked on my Arch. homework.
God I hate winter!!!

:)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What up, S to the izzle?

Not much going on here. I have like four friggin meetings today. BLAH.

Tonight's the first game in our best-of-three dek hockey championship series. WOO HOO! McG better bring his A GAME! :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
What up, S to the izzle?

Not much going on here. I have like four friggin meetings today. BLAH.

Tonight's the first game in our best-of-three dek hockey championship series. WOO HOO! McG better bring his A GAME! :D
Ha awesome and good luck! You should get someone to snap a few pics!!

NO meetings for me today!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Half day for me today. Then I am off to bake a delicious cake or something. ;)

Had a long snowmobile club meeting last night and found out that one of the guys from our club was killed while we were in AZ for our race :( REALLY sad because he was a great guy! :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Rip said:
For spring break I am going to do the exciting thing and stay at home and rest and maybee go to NYC for a few days.
Where ya gonna go in NYC?

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Morning all. Gotta work hard here to finish up stuff. Tomorrow we drive down to Conn for a wedding. Hope the weather doesn't go all to hell.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
Morning. Half day for me today. Then I am off to bake a delicious cake or something. ;)

Had a long snowmobile club meeting last night and found out that one of the guys from our club was killed while we were in AZ for our race :( REALLY sad because he was a great guy! :(

damn.......

Shrymp told me yesterday her friend was out biking and some hikers asked if she had a cell cause some dude just crashed his bike, but it didnt matter much cause the dude was dead :(

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
damn.......

Shrymp told me yesterday her friend was out biking and some hikers asked if she had a cell cause some dude just crashed his bike, but it didnt matter much cause the dude was dead :(
:eek: What's going on lately!

It's unnerving because I have ridden with this guy and he doesn't drink much nor does he drive reckless. Of course the reports cited alcohol (yes, he had a few, but the guys who were with him said that he wasn't what they would consider "drunk" and I believe them because none of them ride that way) and excessive speed (bear in mind that anything over 25 on a snowmobile is considered "excessive" and he was going across Sacandaga Lake...a place that I can safely say NO ONE drives 25 on!) It really sucks...:(

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - My son has a hockey game at 6 tonight - end of season tournament and then I play with Babs at 10 - I am getting a cold - but hopefully I'll be feeling okay at gametime tonight. As Babs said - gotta bring the A game tonight!!

I've put my Cheeta up for sale here and on a few other sites - I'm just not sure how often I'll go DHing this year and I really shouldn't be spending $$ on lift tickets so I figured I'd throw it up for sale and see what happens.

Mighty cold outside! I'm ready for spring!!! (I've been saying that for months now haven't I?)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
At least once a weekend there are reports here of someone injured or killed in a snowmobile accident....sad.

Today is ride day!!! I'll see how far I can get before the knee acts up. It has moved onto spring here - it was 70 the other day, probably the same today. Bye bye so called winter.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
MMcG said:
Morning - My son has a hockey game at 6 tonight - end of season tournament and then I play with Babs at 10 - I am getting a cold - but hopefully I'll be feeling okay at gametime tonight. As Babs said - gotta bring the A game tonight!!

I've put my Cheeta up for sale here and on a few other sites - I'm just not sure how often I'll go DHing this year and I really shouldn't be spending $$ on lift tickets so I figured I'd throw it up for sale and see what happens.

Mighty cold outside! I'm ready for spring!!! (I've been saying that for months now haven't I?)
I'm ready for Spring as well. ;)

If you need another outlet for listing your bike, you could try our local club forum (Saratoga Springs). We have a bunhc of DHers.
SMBA Buy/Sell Forum

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Heidi said:
At least once a weekend there are reports here of someone injured or killed in a snowmobile accident....sad.

Today is ride day!!! I'll see how far I can get before the knee acts up. It has moved onto spring here - it was 70 the other day, probably the same today. Bye bye so called winter.
Yeah...far too many accdents lately. This is the first person that I have actually known and it sucks because he's one of the last people I would have thought of in this situation.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Morning all. Gotta work hard here to finish up stuff. Tomorrow we drive down to Conn for a wedding. Hope the weather doesn't go all to hell.
Friday's weather down here is supposed to be iffy'

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Yeah...far too many accdents lately. This is the first person that I have actually known and it sucks because he's one of the last people I would have thought of in this situation.

was it his fault?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
was it his fault?
Yes and no. He was drinking (according to the guys he was riding with he had a couple beers with dinner and a couple throughout the day but was visibly drunk). He was driving faster than 25mph (probably 60ish). The ice jams are supposed to be marked and it wasn't...in fact few (if any) are currently marked. Another rider was killed earlier this season on Sacandaga Lake and they were asked to actively mark the ice jams and other hazards that are out on the ice for riders because they are quite invisible at night...it hasn't been done yet. It's just an awful thing that certainly could have been avoided.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Would be fine anyhow. 4wd + I'm a rural New Englander = snow driving pfft. We were going to take the car but, get this, a dog had explosive diarrhea in the back seat. :dead:

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
G'mornin everyone! Been a few days - work's keeping me hopping, but today I'm tired, so here I be on the Monkey again. :)
Last night had to do dinner with the boss, his wife, and a big client. First time I've been requested to a private schmooze fest like that...I had to bail on Yoga as a result, I'm hoping to night to bail on my parents in favor of either Yoga or a bike ride.

Oh - question for you monkeys - any one else's boss take out "insurance" on you? As in - you're a nice shiny car and they want to make sure they can afford to fix any damage or hire a qualified replacement super fast? Apparently they have such "insurance" on our senior developer...and they want to take it out on me to :dead: I'm not sure if I like the idea of the boss man "collecting" if I'm damaged or killed...:think:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Would be fine anyhow. 4wd + I'm a rural New Englander = snow driving pfft. We were going to take the car but, get this, a dog had explosive diarrhea in the back seat. :dead:
oh man thats gross!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
G'mornin everyone! Been a few days - work's keeping me hopping, but today I'm tired, so here I be on the Monkey again. :)
Last night had to do dinner with the boss, his wife, and a big client. First time I've been requested to a private schmooze fest like that...I had to bail on Yoga as a result, I'm hoping to night to bail on my parents in favor of either Yoga or a bike ride.

Oh - question for you monkeys - any one else's boss take out "insurance" on you? As in - you're a nice shiny car and they want to make sure they can afford to fix any damage or hire a qualified replacement super fast? Apparently they have such "insurance" on our senior developer...and they want to take it out on me to :dead: I'm not sure if I like the idea of the boss man "collecting" if I'm damaged or killed...:think:
My boss has to take out insurance on us for when we visit job sites. What your talking about sounds strange.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
stosh said:
My boss has to take out insurance on us for when we visit job sites. What your talking about sounds strange.
It's something like "key-man insurance" ...except that I'm not a man...and while key - I'm still lowly on the office totem pole :cool:

I think what's weirder is - he's got this stuff taken out on one of the execs in the company...but why me? just weird....the boss really isn't sure about my love for things like bikes and rocks and stuff...he seems to think death and destruction must lurk around my corner every day....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
It's something like "key-man insurance" ...except that I'm not a man...and while key - I'm still lowly on the office totem pole :cool:

I think what's weirder is - he's got this stuff taken out on one of the execs in the company...but why me? just weird....the boss really isn't sure about my love for things like bikes and rocks and stuff...he seems to think death and destruction must lurk around my corner every day....
hey if J-lo can get insurance on her butt your boss can get insurance out on what-ever he wants.

Hey feel special that he's getting it out on you, you're just like J-lo's a$$!! :)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I managed to score some Red Sox/Yankees tickets last night. That online ticketing system for the Red Sox is a damn nightmare. The only tix I could get were two bleacher seats for the last game of the regular season. Beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
stosh said:
hey if J-lo can get insurance on her butt your boss can get insurance out on what-ever he wants.

Hey feel special that he's getting it out on you, you're just like J-lo's a$$!! :)

Hrmm....well I suppose I should be flattered then...lol :p