Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

It's another f'ing nice day out!!
I went to drop my GF's bike off last night to have the front and rear der adjusted. The guy at the shop told me he had a 2 week wait to even look at the bike. :nope:
Is a 2 week wait normal for this time of year?

Anyway I had my architecture group over last night and they will be over again tonight to continue work on our final project.

Have a great day!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Stosh, you've had that MK3 bike for like a month now and we still haven't seen pics. Get off your lazy ass and post some.

I finally got out on some trails last night. WOO HOO! Holy crap am I out of riding shape. :dead: It felt great to be out there though. I was afraid the trails would be a muddy mess, but they were not bad at all. Hardly any mud on my bike.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Stosh, you've had that MK3 bike for like a month now and we still haven't seen pics. Get off your lazy ass and post some.

I finally got out on some trails last night. WOO HOO! Holy crap am I out of riding shape. :dead: It felt great to be out there though. I was afraid the trails would be a muddy mess, but they were not bad at all. Hardly any mud on my bike.
I wish I had 5min of my life to pick up a camera and take pics.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Finally felt good enough to ride last night. Rode some trails where the seasons first race will be held on Saturday. Arguably the toughest race of the year, you either are grabbing handfuls of brake going down steep rocky hills or pedaling up the same terrain. I forgot to set my altimeter at the beginning of the loop but I would estimate 1500 to 2000 ft of vertical each lap, and I'll have to do 5 :dead:. As my Superlight is stranded out in California I will see how a 27lb Yeti 575 works as a race bike.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
I wish I had 5min of my life to pick up a camera and take pics.
Oh sure, you have an hour to watch HOUSE, but you don't have five minutes to post a pic. For shame.

:p

Here's a map of my ride last night. Splat will appreciate the pic. :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
bout time you got here

Did a cool XC ride yesterday with Tweek and Crashby. Looking like more of the same today :thumb:
I was going to ride today however we didn't get enough work done last night.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Oh and yes stosh, long waits are the norm for bike shop repairs this time of year. Most shops have maintenance specials in the winter to try and get people to plan ahead and even out the workload, but everyone waits until the first nice day to bring in their bike, then wonders why it can't get looked at right away. "But it's just a derailleur adjustment, that takes 5 minutes!". Yeah, and there are 30 more derailleur adjustments ahead of yours, and this is our busiest time of year for sales too. Deal.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Oh sure, you have an hour to watch HOUSE, but you don't have five minutes to post a pic. For shame.

:p
I was working on my GF's bike while watching house.

splat

Nam I am
Morning Stosh

And Yes A 2 -3 week wait is normal for this time of year .

There was a Road time trial I wanted to do at 6:30 last night , but my Daughter had a Concert at 7 so I was to good dad and Went and Watched my daughter sing, I'm so glad I did , she is so cute :love:

so when I got home last night was bike maintance Night.
I replaced my Chain, Casstte and small ring on my enduro, pedals really nice now in the little ring but the middle ring is shot and needs to be replaced too . Not surprising but I replaced that like 6 months ago, oh well . I also Took My studded tires off the Enduro as well.

THen I discovered I had a Broken spoke on the rear wheel of my Rocky so I fixed that too. and then I was working on the Tandem , New Drive Chain and Cassette , only to discover with its long wheel base I am Going to need to splice part of an 2nd cahinm into it to make it long enough. I also started changing the Brakes, going from Canti to V and since I Use road Brake Levers I need travel enhancers, I also Did some adjustments to the drum brake. still have work to do on the Tandem , neet to replace the Tranfer chain ( chain between the Captain and the Stoker ) and that will take about 3 chains pieced together.

But toneight doing a twilight/night ride , so I putthe lights on the charger before I left this morning , and it should be fun

also Nice day here so I plan on doing a Lunch ride.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
Finally felt good enough to ride last night. Rode some trails where the seasons first race will be held on Saturday. Arguably the toughest race of the year, you either are grabbing handfuls of brake going down steep rocky hills or pedaling up the same terrain. I forgot to set my altimeter at the beginning of the loop but I would estimate 1500 to 2000 ft of vertical each lap, and I'll have to do 5 :dead:. As my Superlight is stranded out in California I will see how a 27lb Yeti 575 works as a race bike.
Good luck! :thumb: Earl uses his 575 as his racer so I am sure you will be just fine! ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Oh and yes stosh, long waits are the norm for bike shop repairs this time of year. Most shops have maintenance specials in the winter to try and get people to plan ahead and even out the workload, but everyone waits until the first nice day to bring in their bike, then wonders why it can't get looked at right away. "But it's just a derailleur adjustment, that takes 5 minutes!". Yeah, and there are 30 more derailleur adjustments ahead of yours, and this is our busiest time of year for sales too. Deal.
ahhh her bike was all ready, then I went and put disc brakes on it so I had to get new shifter pods you get the rest. I had her bike adjusted at a shop in the winter but wasn't able to afford the brakes till now. I guess I had never brought a bike into a shop in the spring before.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning Stosh

And Yes A 2 -3 week wait is normal for this time of year .

There was a Road time trial I wanted to do at 6:30 last night , but my Daughter had a Concert at 7 so I was to good dad and Went and Watched my daughter sing, I'm so glad I did , she is so cute :love:

so when I got home last night was bike maintance Night.
I replaced my Chain, Casstte and small ring on my enduro, pedals really nice now in the little ring but the middle ring is shot and needs to be replaced too . Not surprising but I replaced that like 6 months ago, oh well . I also Took My studded tires off the Enduro as well.

THen I discovered I had a Broken spoke on the rear wheel of my Rocky so I fixed that too. and then I was working on the Tandem , New Drive Chain and Cassette , only to discover with its long wheel base I am Going to need to splice part of an 2nd cahinm into it to make it long enough. I also started changing the Brakes, going from Canti to V and since I Use road Brake Levers I need travel enhancers, I also Did some adjustments to the drum brake. still have work to do on the Tandem , neet to replace the Tranfer chain ( chain between the Captain and the Stoker ) and that will take about 3 chains pieced together.

But toneight doing a twilight/night ride , so I putthe lights on the charger before I left this morning , and it should be fun

also Nice day here so I plan on doing a Lunch ride.
how did you not notice a broken spoke already?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning :monkey: s. Busy day here. I have school (of course) then I have a couple of quick errands to run afterschool and then it's time for our school "talent" show. No time for riding today :( But tomorrow I have a ride planned and some trail scouting. :thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Mornin'. Did my first actual "training ride" of the year last night with the DH team. 2 hours of bombing down rock gardens and then sprinting a 42 lb. bike on the flats between. Needless to say, I'm a bit sore this morning. :dead: Nothing planned for tonight as far as I know.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stosh said:
ahhh her bike was all ready, then I went and put disc brakes on it so I had to get new shifter pods you get the rest. I had her bike adjusted at a shop in the winter but wasn't able to afford the brakes till now. I guess I had never brought a bike into a shop in the spring before.
Yeah I wasn't dissin' on you, just ranting about the situation :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Yeah I wasn't dissin' on you, just ranting about the situation :p
ha, I'll give ya $20 to come down and fix mine!! :)
believe it or not it's really the front Der. thats the problem.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning :monkey: s. Busy day here. I have school (of course) then I have a couple of quick errands to run afterschool and then it's time for our school "talent" show. No time for riding today :( But tomorrow I have a ride planned and some trail scouting. :thumb:
so what kind of talent will be at the show?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Mornin'. Did my first actual "training ride" of the year last night with the DH team. 2 hours of bombing down rock gardens and then sprinting a 42 lb. bike on the flats between. Needless to say, I'm a bit sore this morning. :dead: Nothing planned for tonight as far as I know.
where was that at?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I hit pittstown state forest yesterday, it took me 1:45 to go 4.5 miles !!

ok, so I was constantly stopping to do light trail maintence, or stopping cause I didnt know where the trail went.........or cause I just couldnt make a section

That trail is humbling, I dont think I will ever be a good enough rider to bike the entire trail w/o dabbing or walking anything

I also bottomed my truck out pretty hard on the dirt road to where I park :eek:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:

you decide where you are riding sunday?

splat

Nam I am
McGRP01 said:

Shouldn't you be training for Dalton and Pats Peak ?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
Glad you're feeling better!

I was thinking about replacing my Blur frame with a 575 for racing...
I've never spend much time on a Blur but I have been amazed at what I can do on the 575 every time I ride it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
splat said:
It was making a Pinging sound , like something was caught in the spokes , and I looked to see what was caught and there it was, and of course was on the drive side so had to take the cassette off too.
What kind of spoke selection to you have at home? Extra's from building the wheel or just random spoke lengths?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
It was making a Pinging sound , like something was caught in the spokes , and I looked to see what was caught and there it was, and of course was on the drive side so had to take the cassette off too.
you replaced/tensioned the spoke yourself?

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all! Didn't ride last night, too many chores going on that I've been blowing off from riding so much during the last week. Taking a newbie out tonight for a first time ride. It'll be great to get somebody new into the sport.

I Are Baboon said:
IAB, I've got the last week of april off, maybe I'll swing up your way and we can get a ride in.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
so what kind of talent will be at the show?
We use the word "talent" liberaly here of course ;) Actually, there are some students & teachers performing. We have a drum group that I worked with that's pretty good and a saxophone trio playing The Entertainer and then some singers and dance acts and I think a couple of comedy acts too. It's usually quite amusing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
We use the word "talent" liberaly here of course ;) Actually, there are some students & teachers performing. We have a drum group that I worked with that's pretty good and a saxophone trio playing The Entertainer and then some singers and dance acts and I think a couple of comedy acts too. It's usually quite amusing.
sounds like fun..................................................

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Nothin' doin' for me last night. Chilled out in front of the tube. Wrote a seven-dollar check to the state for taxes. Ate about 5 fudge fluff cookies after my healthy salad. Thumbed through the new Rolling Stone. Talked about what music we wanted at our wedding. Talked about what relatives we hoped wouldn't show up. Pushed down on the front end of my Boxxer a few times and congratulated myself again on what a good job I did changing the oil and getting it dialed in better than it's ever been. Good boy....good boy.

It's a bland life I live. :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ugh...left work at 7, brought work home, worked from 9-11. back at work.

at least tonight i've got some entertainment plans (going to see jason molina aka magnolia electric company fka songs:ohia at the Museum of Fine Arts!!).