Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Oh sure, you have an hour to watch HOUSE, but you don't have five minutes to post a pic. For shame.

:p

Here's a map of my ride last night. Splat will appreciate the pic. :D

New Fancy GPS software IAB? Looks good. Did you ride solo?

I rode for a little over an hour with Laura last night and then we grabbed a bite to eat at the Wood N Tap. I had some chicken tortilla soup and a cobb salad and Laura had a burger (she had salad for lunch.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Nothin' doin' for me last night. Chilled out in front of the tube. Wrote a seven-dollar check to the state for taxes. Ate about 5 fudge fluff cookies after my healthy salad. Thumbed through the new Rolling Stone. Talked about what music we wanted at our wedding. Talked about what relatives we hoped wouldn't show up. Pushed down on the front end of my Boxxer a few times and congratulated myself again on what a good job I did changing the oil and getting it dialed in better than it's ever been. Good boy....good boy.

It's a bland life I live. :thumb:
ha I could see myself doing the same thing after I fixed something properly.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Crazy Sweeper said:
morning all! Didn't ride last night, too many chores going on that I've been blowing off from riding so much during the last week. Taking a newbie out tonight for a first time ride. It'll be great to get somebody new into the sport.
I enjoy taking my newbie group out and seeing them progress. It's an awesome feeling to share with someone new to our sport!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
New Fancy GPS software IAB? Looks good. Did you ride solo?

I rode for a little over an hour with Laura last night and then we grabbed a bite to eat at the Wood N Tap. I had some chicken tortilla soup and a cobb salad and Laura had a burger (she had salad for lunch.
No software, it's actually a free website a fellow monkey posted. They have like seven different kinds of maps you can plot your ride onto (topo, road, aerial, etc). I did indeed ride solo. I was on the trail at 5:00 and was done at 6:30. I only saw one other biker on the trails last night.

splat

Nam I am
Westy said:
What kind of spoke selection to you have at home? Extra's from building the wheel or just random spoke lengths?
A mixture of Both , random spoke lenths and Extras from wheel building , and from old wheels I have take apart.

Stosh said:
you replaced/tensioned the spoke yourself?
Sure nothing to it , especially since I built that wheel about 3 years ago ! and what look like made the spoke fail was it ( and a few others, looke the same way ) got chewed up when the chain jumped in that at one time or another.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
What kind of spoke selection to you have at home? Extra's from building the wheel or just random spoke lengths?
Ha, I've got tons of spokes laying around, I keep saying I'm gonna measure them and organize them someday :rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Sure nothing to it , especially since I built that wheel about 3 years ago ! and what look like made the spoke fail was it ( and a few others, looke the same way ) got chewed up when the chain jumped in that at one time or another.

Oh wow.... so you build all your own wheels?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Yup, Once you know how to build your own , you'll see how bad a Machine built wheel really is.

Excuse my stupidity but what is the difference?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
I am calling Sq-Earl right now...you in for some beers & BBQ afterward? We're open. How about 10 or 11am?

sounds good to me! (I'll need directions to the trail head)

I think its a good hour drive for me

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
I am calling Sq-Earl right now...you in for some beers & BBQ afterward? We're open. How about 10 or 11am?
I'll have to pass on the post-party. :( I have to help my neighbor remodel his kitchen Sunday afternoon. 10am sounds good to me though.

I need Sq-Earl to show me that drop he lauched last weekend!! :devil:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
I'll have to pass on the post-party. :( I have to help my neighbor remodel his kitchen Sunday afternoon. 10am sounds good to me though.

I need Sq-Earl to show me that drop he lauched last weekend!! :devil:
Too bad about the BBQ but I am sure he'd be happy to show you that drop :thumb:

10am it is!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Spring is Sprung!!!

I'm wearing my first "polo" short sleeve shirt of the season today.

<-- thats what it says on it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
there tensioning is not as even , and they tend to come out of true a lot easier.

and I have personally had wheels That Untensioned during a ride , and and one where the dish was wrong.
Wow!!!

I wonder if I should have mine looked at.... I'm not sure if the shop tensioned mine.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Leaving for Sea Otter today, so I'm trying to finsh everything at work so I don't have too much to worry about when I get back.

Have a good day. :)
I expect you will have lots of pics?

Good luck and have fun!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
I wear them all year long. As a matter of fact I'm wearing shorts at work today
you are allowed to wear shorts to work?

I work in an old building so in the winter it's drafty her by the windows.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Of course I am :D
My day has gone from bad to great! Not only are you hitting on me but I talked to George at Dark Horse Cycles and he'll get my GF's bike right in. :)

Morning, all!

splat said:
...got chewed up when the chain jumped in that at one time or another.
Don't get me going on that, please. Around October I started shopping for replacement spoke protectors for my XT disk hub, and have been absolutely unable to find any. My local LBS managed to identify a Shimano P/N, CPFH75, but finding one seems impossible.

I spent yesterday evening replacing my rear derailleur, which fell in love with the spokes the evening before. Twisted the whole derailleur body. :mumble:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
johnbryanpeters said:
Morning, all!

Don't get me going on that, please. Around October I started shopping for replacement spoke protectors for my XT disk hub, and have been absolutely unable to find any. My local LBS managed to identify a Shimano P/N, CPFH75, but finding one seems impossible.

I spent yesterday evening replacing my rear derailleur, which fell in love with the spokes the evening before. Twisted the whole derailleur body. :mumble:
wow, how'd the spokes make out?