Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Well it's my FRIDAY today. I have tomorrow off work however I have to go to school till 12pm. Then I have to get my vehicle Reg. done AND then I'm riding tomorrow.
Saturday I have a class I have to attend for first time home buyers put on by the state so I can get some grant money. :)
Then Saturday after class I'm heading down to Philly for the weekend. My cousin lives down there so we're gonna go hang out till Monday.

Anybody got plans for the weekend?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh.

Saw something funny this morning. Two roadies on some nice bikes doing a pretty good clip up a very steep hill on my way to work. Then this guy in baggies on a cheap Trek hardtail with discs hits the hill and starts powering up it. He absolutely dusted the two roadies and kept hauling until I lost him in the rearview mirror. Kinda funny.

Plans for the weekend are seeing my dad on Saturday, and building narlus' computer on Sunday.

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
i will try and get out of work early
i am going to go and do some shuttle runs on beacon mountain

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
for the fourth time in a row I got second place at the wednesday night crit.

Not too many plans for the weekend. I am supposed to go to North Carolina for a friends bachelor party but I will probably not end up going. I spend too much time away from home from work and can't personally afford two more days away from home. Of course my other plans for the weekend include getting packed for another business trip monday. :mumble:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
weRd.

I love re-work. Nothing like getting paged as I walk into the office only to find out the job I spent three hours doing last night got wiped out because some assmunch I.S. person refreshed the database without taking a backup first. :mad:

We lost another damn hockey game last night. We are WINLESS this season after reaching the finals last season. HOORAY! :mad: I am at my wits end with this team. No one else on offense is scoring. I had a goal and as assist in our 4-2 loss, plus no one bothered to show for the damn game so we had one guy on the bench, meaning I had to play nearly the entire game. I was frikkin exhausted. Kind of hard to get anything going when your legs and lungs are totally spent.

Anyway, MBC and I are going to do a road ride tonight, so that should cheer me up (not that I'm all that grumpy).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
phil said:
i will try and get out of work early
i am going to go and do some shuttle runs on beacon mountain
They ever finish the stairs at the bottom of it?
I designed the original set of drawings for them.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
weRd.

I love re-work. Nothing like getting paged as I walk into the office only to find out the job I spent three hours doing last night got wiped out because some assmunch I.S. person refreshed the database without taking a backup first. :mad:

We lost another damn hockey game last night. We are WINLESS this season after reaching the finals last season. HOORAY! :mad: I am at my wits end with this team. No one else on offense is scoring. I had a goal and as assist in our 4-2 loss, plus no one bothered to show for the damn game so we had one guy on the bench, meaning I had to play nearly the entire game. I was frikkin exhausted. Kind of hard to get anything going when your legs and lungs are totally spent.

Anyway, MBC and I are going to do a road ride tonight, so that should cheer me up (not that I'm all that grumpy).
Do you have a case of the Muhhhndays? :)

Is Mark playing hockey with you this season?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
firetoole said:
I have to work a 12hour day tomarrow but sat I am heading over to ray's for a jam session.
At first I thought you were talking about your friend Ray and you were gonna play bongo's or something.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Gotta bake a black forest cake today...take a road ride down to get a haircut 'cause it would be silly to drive and because I want to see the look on the hairdresser's face when I put my helmet on after she does my hair all nice :devil: Then I load up the gear and we're heading to Rochcha for the weekend to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday and hopefully meet up with the jackalopes for some riding.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
enjoyed the nice weather last night and tooled around the neighborhood w/ miles on our bikes. i just noticed that there is a scheduled day of trail work near my house, so i will try to join that on sat. gonna build my Kray w/ BV on sunday. supposed to be cold/wet this weekend, so outdoor activities could be limited. on the other hand, i got 2 new titles in from Netflix yesterday (All about My Mother; Shaun of the Dead) so i could do some viewing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning! Gotta bake a black forest cake today...take a road ride down to get a haircut 'cause it would be silly to drive and because I want to see the look on the hairdresser's face when I put my helmet on after she does my hair all nice :devil: Then I load up the gear and we're heading to Rochcha for the weekend to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday and hopefully meet up with the jackalopes for some riding.
You should ask IAB for Haircut pointers. I hope you made an appointment like him!! :)

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
stosh said:
Saturday I have a class I have to attend for first time home buyers put on by the state so I can get some grant money. :)
How did you find out about this? I need to see if CT has any of these types of programs...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
no plans yet for the w/e

The owner of a company we maintain a webpage for had some complaints, he's in the same complex as us, I walked over to talk to him, and he just went off at me. This is the 1st time I have ever talked to him, (he usually sends someone over), one of things he kept going off on was he claimed the one section of the site was all wrong, but we had it set up exactly as one of his employees instructed us - He screamed "What do you think we are F***ing retards"
He basically fired us, I had to walk out before I started pounding him - and I am never like that / Its been a couple years since I was that mad. I really dont get why he was such an asshole.
Oh, FYI: he and the owner of my comapny are good friends

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
gonna build my Kray w/ BV on sunday.
(what he doesn't know is that once we're done building it, I'm gonna steal it and make it my own! Muahahahaha... Shhh... Don't tell 'im.)

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Good morning, I just pulled an all-nighter, writing 2 papers after going to the Mariners game. Only 7 pages total but I had to do research and I started at 10:30.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
You mean Sir Gimpy? No, it would be too much for his knee to handle.

I'm not actually in a bad mood, but those two things are what's on my mind this morning. :monkey:

Yeah I wasn't sure about his knee....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
tonyhawk said:
How did you find out about this? I need to see if CT has any of these types of programs...
I did some research and had some help from a guy on RM.
Look thru Fannie May stuff and see if they referance any programs for your state. NY has a lot of programs.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
no plans yet for the w/e

The owner of a company we maintain a webpage for had some complaints, he's in the same complex as us, I walked over to talk to him, and he just went off at me. This is the 1st time I have ever talked to him, (he usually sends someone over), one of things he kept going off on was he claimed the one section of the site was all wrong, but we had it set up exactly as one of his employees instructed us - He screamed "What do you think we are F***ing retards"
He basically fired us, I had to walk out before I started pounding him - and I am never like that / Its been a couple years since I was that mad. I really dont get why he was such an asshole.
Oh, FYI: he and the owner of my comapny are good friends
Wow, that sucks man......

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
kinghami3 said:
Good morning, I just pulled an all-nighter, writing 2 papers after going to the Mariners game. Only 7 pages total but I had to do research and I started at 10:30.
YIKES!!!!!!!!!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
for the fourth time in a row I got second place at the wednesday night crit.
Nice job dude. On our group ride Tuesday we saw a local race go by in the opposite direction, first the A group blew by then the B's. It looked like fun, I gotta try that soon.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning ,

Not too much going on here. was raining lightly this morning , I guess we could use the rain. I hope it stops soon , would like to do a lunch ride , also have an after work ride starting at my house at 7.
rode ride?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
kinghami3 said:
Not that bad, I'm just trying to justify it. Mostly just plug 'n chug and energy drinks :). I have class till 8:20 tonight so I'm going to be a little loopy :dancing:
Yikes!! WHat are you taking?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Not sure if Lunch will be road or off -road , butthe one tonight is most definatly off road
Nice!!!

I'm gonna try to get a nice Solo ride in tomorrow and tune my suspension up.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
Nice!!!

I'm gonna try to get a nice Solo ride in tomorrow and tune my suspension up.
You have the 5th air on you MKIII? I love mine, can completely change the characteristics of the bike in a few minutes. I'm a bit afraid of the reliability though.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
stosh said:
Yikes!! WHat are you taking?
Theology 3303 Christianity in America, UCOR 2000 the West and the World (core history class), and Spanish III. 15 cred. total but I packed them into Monday night, most of Tuesday and all of Thursday.
hmm, all this talk of road makes me work on my bike some more and give it a spin....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
You have the 5th air on you MKIII? I love mine, can completely change the characteristics of the bike in a few minutes. I'm a bit afraid of the reliability though.
The 5th I had on my old HP leaked air a bit, but man was it f'ing light!! :)
As for the newer generations I can't tell. I can't believe how well the MKIII pedals all around and I haven't even fully tweeked the 5th.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
kinghami3 said:
Theology 3303 Christianity in America, UCOR 2000 the West and the World (core history class), and Spanish III. 15 cred. total but I packed them into Monday night, most of Tuesday and all of Thursday.
hmm, all this talk of road makes me work on my bike some more and give it a spin....
and your major is?