Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

Morning, stosh!

binary visions said:
...Saw something funny this morning. Two roadies on some nice bikes doing a pretty good clip up a very steep hill on my way to work. Then this guy in baggies on a cheap Trek hardtail with discs hits the hill and starts powering up it. He absolutely dusted the two roadies and kept hauling until I lost him in the rearview mirror. Kinda funny...
I absolutely love turnabouts like that.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Another day here at work. Should be a decent one though. My next door neighbor is having a bash tonight, so that should be fun! As for the weekend, 6am on Sat. I fly out for Jamaica!! :D :thumb:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
stosh said:
and your major is?
Theology and a Computer Science minor, but I'm thinking of dropping that and getting an urban missions minor or something like that (ahh, the things you can do when you go to a Christian university.... :rolleyes: ) You in school?

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:
Anyway, MBC and I are going to do a road ride tonight, so that should cheer me up (not that I'm all that grumpy).
You 2 ( 3 if you bring Mark ) should come join us for teh Night ride ! It will be slow , SloMoJo is going to ride and go slow to take it easy on his kneee ( and lungs that have had no work out in 4 months )

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
McGRP01 said:
Morning! Another day here at work. Should be a decent one though. My next door neighbor is having a bash tonight, so that should be fun! As for the weekend, 6am on Sat. I fly out for Jamaica!! :D :thumb:
Jamaica! Sweet... :thumb:

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Aloha...today is the first day I feel somewhat relaxed in over two weeks...no scheduled trainings, demos, I get to be in the office all day...I rode to work today..I get to ride after work today...

Not to mention going shopping/drinkin with the girls last night...:D so much fun!

Oh ya...life is good...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I just found out I have to work Sunday. Bad because it's supposed to be nice. Good because it's double OT. So now instead of riding I'll be doing trailwork all day Saturday and nerd work all day Sunday. Jizzydave would be so proud.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
You 2 ( 3 if you bring Mark ) should come join us for teh Night ride ! It will be slow , SloMoJo is going to ride and go slow to take it easy on his kneee ( and lungs that have had no work out in 4 months )
Road ride tonight, followed by Titus maintenance so I can ride it tomorrow (I have to swap out the derailleur).

One of these times I will join you on that 'Nam ride. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
kinghami3 said:
Theology and a Computer Science minor, but I'm thinking of dropping that and getting an urban missions minor or something like that (ahh, the things you can do when you go to a Christian university.... :rolleyes: ) You in school?

Yeah, part time.
I'm taking Architecture classes and working full time in an architecture office.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
Aloha...today is the first day I feel somewhat relaxed in over two weeks...no scheduled trainings, demos, I get to be in the office all day...I rode to work today..I get to ride after work today...

Not to mention going shopping/drinkin with the girls last night...:D so much fun!

Oh ya...life is good...
:drool: drinking....

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Instead of dirt six-packs, I went fishing yesterday and hit the liquid 12-pack. Beeeee-Youuuuu-Teeeee-Fullllll day out yesterday. Caught lots of fishies. Caught a great 4/20 buzz. Not bad, not bad at all. Fiancee is out w/the girls tonight, so it's just me and the dog hanging out. Gotta get all my camping gear straight for Monkeyfest this weekend.. Weather report says a few stray showers and much cooler temps than what we've been having. No, no, non spring......don't leave us yet---you just got here!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
I just found out I have to work Sunday. Bad because it's supposed to be nice. Good because it's double OT. So now instead of riding I'll be doing trailwork all day Saturday and nerd work all day Sunday. Jizzydave would be so proud.
:( That means no riding with me :confused:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Do you actually laugh like that? "Bwahhhhh"? Isn't it more like, "Bwahahahaha"? Or do you actually leave the A's out of your laugh and it just sounds like one big exhale?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
binary visions said:
Do you actually laugh like that? "Bwahhhhh"? Isn't it more like, "Bwahahahaha"? Or do you actually leave the A's out of your laugh and it just sounds like one big exhale?
Maybe he is not laughing but simply had the wind knocked out of him.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
narlus said:
enjoyed the nice weather last night and tooled around the neighborhood w/ miles on our bikes. i just noticed that there is a scheduled day of trail work near my house, so i will try to join that on sat. gonna build my Kray w/ BV on sunday. supposed to be cold/wet this weekend, so outdoor activities could be limited. on the other hand, i got 2 new titles in from Netflix yesterday (All about My Mother; Shaun of the Dead) so i could do some viewing.
Almodovar? I don't really like his movies. I'm watching Straw Dogs tonight. Mega-violent.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well this is the 1st i'll have watched. _straw dogs_ is peckinpah, right? is that the movie which was banned in the UK for a long time?

netflix is pretty damn cool.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Well tonight is going to be a blast... We got some rails piled up and had a machinest weld them together to make a 4 kink C rail with the snow from the Ice Rink. I am going to be able to get the 1080's out and have some fun a little rail. Nothing else fun. Me and some friends have and idea of making a road gap, like a 20 foot double but no bike so i might try to get my Gemini up here but I need to wait to get my new MTX's on there. But no plans for the weekend :( Going to get pizza for lunch, dinner, and dinner tomorrow night... YUM... and i need to restring my tennis racket... its going to be a LONG day.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
It looks like rain this weekend here, so I might have to pass on going to Mountain creek as planned.. but who knows those weather guys are usually wrong :thumb:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
narlus said:
well this is the 1st i'll have watched. _straw dogs_ is peckinpah, right? is that the movie which was banned in the UK for a long time?

netflix is pretty damn cool.
Yup, and yup. We've been gonig nuts w/ Netflix. So many movies to see. Mosty horror and 'sploitation flims lately. I'm itching to add some spaghetti westerns.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
It looks like rain this weekend here, so I might have to pass on going to Mountain creek as planned.. but who knows those weather guys are usually wrong :thumb:
it's not open yet.........

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ROCKLAND said:
Yup, and yup. We've been gonig nuts w/ Netflix. So many movies to see. Mosty horror and 'sploitation flims lately. I'm itching to add some spaghetti westerns.

have you seen _American Movie_? it's totally great (tangentially a horror movie, it's really a documentary about one man's struggle to get his film made).

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
narlus said:
have you seen _American Movie_? it's totally great (tangentially a horror movie, it's really a documentary about one man's struggle to get his film made).
I've seen "American Movie". All I can think of when I try to remember that movie are the parts where they were trying to get the old guy to read some lines "It's alright, it's okay, theres something to live for. Jesus told me so .." or something like that. Kooky flick for shure.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i am learning the breast exam today. yes.

(the school hires [female for the hecklers] undergrad volunteers, pays them $50 a day, same rate for the genital/rectal exam which i guess i learn in two weeks? hmm :think: )