Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!!

HOw is everybody doing today?
I spent last night working on my school project again. We're doing a model of a 900 home development. I'll have to take a picture when I'm done.

Ok that is all for now!
Hope you all have a great cino de mayo!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Busy night last night. Meeting afterschool, stop at the bike shop to drop off some more flyers and then hit Spier Falls. Got home for a late dinner, quick check of the e-mail to arrange MTB Weekend and our trip to Montreal, shower and bed.

Today, I brought my bike to school becuase I have an appointment right after school and then I am hitting the trails.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning.

Cleaned the heck out of my house last night. Worked out. Watched The Simpsons. Ate burritos.

Not necessarily in that order.

The girlfriend's parents are coming over for a grill-fest tonight. Should be a good time.

Happy Cinco de Mayo to you too...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mornin' Y'all.

Went to see the Dr last night about my knee. Good new was he found no damage, said it was a reaction to overuse. Guess that was a no brainer. Bad news is that I need to rest it for 1-2 weeks and then take it easy after that or risk irritating it again. This kind of makes all the ass-busting I have been doing the past 4 months for 24 hour races worthless. But I will just have to see how things work out.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Busy night last night. Meeting afterschool, stop at the bike shop to drop off some more flyers and then hit Spier Falls. Got home for a late dinner, quick check of the e-mail to arrange MTB Weekend and our trip to Montreal, shower and bed.

Today, I brought my bike to school becuase I have an appointment right after school and then I am hitting the trails.
I'm drafting up your e-mail response now.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! Did my first ever bike commute today. I drove 1/3 of the way, parked and Stop n Shop, and biked the rest. 21 miles, 1:20 ride time, averaged 15.9 MPH. WOO HOO! It was like 35 degrees when I started. Fock was I cold!

splat

Nam I am
Westy said:
Mornin' Y'all.

Went to see the Dr last night about my knee. Good new was he found no damage, said it was a reaction to overuse. Guess that was a no brainer. Bad news is that I need to rest it for 1-2 weeks and then take it easy after that or risk irritating it again. This kind of makes all the ass-busting I have been doing the past 4 months for 24 hour races worthless. But I will just have to see how things work out.
Any PT ???

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Good Job IAB and Good Morning Monkeys.

Going for a road ride tonight with MBC and Laura. MBC - were you able to use Laura's address to map out a good route? If not, I was thinking maybe we could leave from Laura's house - get over to Rt. 4 and then ride along Huckleberry Hill Road in Avon and then down into Collinsville and then maybe loop it back to Burlington via 179 is it and Rt4.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
You must plan for that!! so how do the legs feel ? ( we'll ask the same thing tommorow )
I did plan for that! :D I wore four layers on top and was plenty warm upstairs....it was my HANDS that were freezing. I eventually warmed up and had to peel a layer and stuff it in my pocket.

My legs feel fine. 21 miles isn't that much on the road. Yeah, ask me again tomorrow. :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning! Did my first ever bike commute today. I drove 1/3 of the way, parked and Stop n Shop, and biked the rest. 21 miles, 1:20 ride time, averaged 15.9 MPH. WOO HOO! It was like 35 degrees when I started. Fock was I cold!
Nice :thumb: It was REALLY cold here this morning too 31 I think :dead:

MMcG said:

Going for a road ride tonight with MBC and Laura. MBC - were you able to use Laura's address to map out a good route? If not, I was thinking maybe we could leave from Laura's house - get over to Rt. 4 and then ride along Huckleberry Hill Road in Avon and then down into Collinsville and then maybe loop it back to Burlington via 179 is it and Rt4.
in all my running around I forgot the atlas. I'll print some good maps today. I don't know how far we are going to be able to do - what do you figure, an hour and a half if we leave at 6?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Mornin' Y'all.

well thats good news IMO.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:

MtnBikerChk said:
in all my running around I forgot the atlas. I'll print some good maps today. I don't know how far we are going to be able to do - what do you figure, an hour and a half if we leave at 6?
Have fun, kids! :dancing:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
cant wait for after work....

going to Gonzales, Gonzales tonight for happy hour... celebrating the 5th!!!
then going to Times up Movies night.. the Movie tonight seems pretty wild . Check it out!!!!

Hope everyone has a happy and safe one!!!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
good job Baboon!

Westy, kinda sucks but could have been a lot worse!

I ate at Bomber Burrito's last night

Red Stripe jerk pork taco, BBQ chicken taco, sweet potato fries and many Paulaner Hefe-weizen's :drool:

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
G'mornin!

Yesterday I received news privately of my promotion to an official "supervisor/manager" type person in the company. The raise was not what I expected, and today I will need to speak to my boss about how odd it seems that I will seemingly be paid less than the people he's having me supervise (7% raise...seems small don't it?).

Went to Yoga last night....had a different teacher, so far she's my favorite. When you're laying on your stomach trying hard to slow your racing heart and prepare yourself for the next set, she walks around the room and steps on your feet to give you a foot massage!! Felt so amazing!

Tonight - off to the local Tom Bihn store to see the bags in person (thanks to the person who posted that link yesterday!)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
splat said:
Interesting , when I had the "overuse " syndrome 10 years ago , They had me do 6 weeks of PT to strengthen the other muscles that don't get strengthened by cycling.
I had that same problem three years ago. Been doing the prescribed exercises religeously since. Doc actually said my knee seemed to be 100% better shape than it was a few years ago.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
good job Baboon!

Westy, kinda sucks but could have been a lot worse!

I ate at Bomber Burrito's last night

Red Stripe jerk pork taco, BBQ chicken taco, sweet potato fries and many Paulaner Hefe-weizen's :drool:

Definately could have been worse, I have psoriasis which give me a high risk of developing degenerative arthritis.

Your making me hungry, so very hungry.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!!
My fridge is totally stuffed with mint & limes!
Tonight it's mexican food, maragritas & mojitos, and then saturday it's mint juleps.
I guess I should try to squeeze in a ride friday, huh?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
I had that same problem three years ago. Been doing the prescribed exercises religeously since. Doc actually said my knee seemed to be 100% better shape than it was a few years ago.
1-2 weeks rest really isn't that bad. Considering what could have been, I agree that it's good news. This means you'll still be at Dalton. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mackie said:
Tonight it's mexican food, maragritas & mojitos, and then saturday it's mint juleps.
Yuck @ Mint juleps.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jr_Bullit said:
Yesterday I received news privately of my promotion to an official "supervisor/manager" type person in the company. The raise was not what I expected, and today I will need to speak to my boss about how odd it seems that I will seemingly be paid less than the people he's having me supervise (7% raise...seems small don't it?).
Good for you on both the promotion, and standing up for yourself RE: the raise!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
MtnBikerChk said:
We can probably do 20 or so don't you think? Maybe more? Gotta take into account the hills in Burlington! :eek:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mackie said:
Did you buy a grill yet? ;)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Not much to report on today... just had a big sit down with the office head honcho. Having a party at lunch today... hopefully I'll be able to sneak out with some pizza and cookies without actually having to talk to anyone.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
'mornin...rode to work today for the first time in like 2 weeks. First commute with my fancy new bike computer.

Some asshat bimmer pilot figured that he owned the road and was all yelling at me. I was making a left and he pulls up on my right yelling....I was tempted to squirt some water into his car, but didnt and just turned. :mumble: