~~Good Thursday Morning!!!~~

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:
Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!!

HOw is everybody doing today?
I spent last night working on my school project again. We're doing a model of a 900 home development. I'll have to take a picture when I'm done.

Ok that is all for now!
Hope you all have a great cino de mayo!!!

I had some dude here at the office telling me how Cinco de Mayo was Mexican Independence Day... uhhh yeeeeeah... sounds like SOMEONE slept through 5th grade History class!

:p:p:p

Loco gringo punta!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
My feeble brain is focused entirely on the prospect of seeing my new road bike today. I hope it gets here!
Have the camera ready to post pics. I haven't taken pics of my new roadie but it lacks the sex apeal of your new ride.

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
One more day till my new frame arrives.... 2 days till my new car arrives!

Work is slow!

The Human res. mangers daughter, now works the front desk... see Quote in sig. for her description.... It runs in the family....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Andy_B said:
One more day till my new frame arrives.... 2 days till my new car arrives!

Work is slow!

The Human res. mangers daughter, now works the front desk... see Quote in sig. for her description.... It runs in the family....
I'm picturing the description in 2 polar opposite ways.
Care to elaborate?\

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi all!!

Been hard at it this morning and haven't had a chance to check in yet. Rushed out of work yesterday and grabbed the bike and the dog to hit the trails. Decided the truck was too dirty for proper mack, so I stopped by the car wash and sprayed her off. Hey.....whadda ya know? My truck was actually SILVER!!! ........The pollen had me convinced I had, at some point, gone and had it painted a light yellow.

Had a great session at the DJ's. SHot the sh*t for awhile, jumped a few sets, shot some pics, shot the sh*t for awhile, jumped some sets.......you get the idea. It was a fun way to end the daylight, and one of those rides that really got me excited about............well, riding. :cool:

Got home, and Justine had some grilled salmon and veggies waiting for me. Life is good. I've ridden four days straight and the yard needs some serious attention. Gonna take a break from two wheels today and ride four around the yard for a bit. Here's a few shots I took from yesterday's session.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Thanks, stosh.......they're freakin' HUGE! I forgot to run them through the resizer first. Sorry, dial-up. :p
Do you have any hills where you live?

I should have taken that job with your uncles place... I'm kicking myself for that still.

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
stosh said:
I'm picturing the description in 2 polar opposite ways.
Care to elaborate?\

Mom 40 yrs (the manger) is 250+ about 5'4" and only wears overly tight get-ups...
Daughter 19 or 20 150+ about 5'5" dresses like Mrs. Spears (sp..?) and is so fregging tan ( by the way of the tanning bed) its sick.

Both of them wear clothes so tight you can read the tags...and yes there is skin/fat hanging out on both of them.... :dancing:

Frame 05 DHR Med

Car 04 Honda Element Ex 5 speed AWD

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
Do you have any hills where you live?

I should have taken that job with your uncles place... I'm kicking myself for that still.

Well......I would imagine that it's pretty similar to your location given what I can remember of that area. I'm located right in the middle of NC, so the further East you go, the more it flattens out, the further West, it gets into the foothills and mountains. Beauty part about it is, I can go 2.5 hrs in either direction and be either at the beach or in the mountains--Va. or NC mountains, that is.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Andy_B said:
Mom 40 yrs (the manger) is 250+ about 5'4" and only wears overly tight get-ups...
Daughter 19 or 20 150+ about 5'5" dresses like Mrs. Spears (sp..?) and is so fregging tan ( by the way of the tanning bed) its sick.

Both of them wear clothes so tight you can read the tags...and yes there is skin/fat hanging out on both of them.... :dancing:

Frame 05 DHR Med

Car 04 Honda Element Ex 5 speed AWD
Ok thats what I thought but I wasn't sure.

J

JRB

Good morning, stosh. It is still morning here, so cram it. I put my new 105s on the roadie last night, so I am riding for cinco de mayo. Julie is doing some deal with her mom, so I may make margaritas and getting tanked after the ride.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I am wasting away at my desk. Withering like a plant that has been deprived of light and water.

Good morning!

:) :love: :)

PS: I hope everyone is well and happy.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
binary visions said:
Good for you on both the promotion, and standing up for yourself RE: the raise!
:D yay thanks!

I just had the hardest conversation ever with my boss...I told him what I wanted, in terms of salary and PTO - AND (while I sat there, heart pounding, waiting to be told I was a greedy no good employee), he told me he was proud of me for speaking up and that he thought what I wanted was reasonable, and appreciated my tact and ability to place a positive spin on things (versus my way or the highway)!!!!

He wants the specifics in writing along with a potential JD by this afternoon...my blank MS Word file has yet to be filled in... :think:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jr_Bullit said:
I just had the hardest conversation ever with my boss...I told him what I wanted, in terms of salary and PTO - AND (while I sat there, heart pounding, waiting to be told I was a greedy no good employee), he told me he was proud of me for speaking up and that he thought what I wanted was reasonable, and appreciated my tact and ability to place a positive spin on things (versus my way or the highway)!!!!
:thumb: :thumb:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Jr_Bullit said:
He wants the specifics in writing along with a potential JD by this afternoon...my blank MS Word file has yet to be filled in... :think:
Do a "N8" on it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
:D yay thanks!

Wow, thats awesome!!!

When I confront my boss he sticks his head in the sand and waits for me to go away.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I Are Baboon said:
I just Googled "reasons Jr B deserves a raise" but nothing came up.
Well...technically the raise part is already done...he signed that into effect yesterday afternoon and it's going retroactive, so it'll hit when I get paid this month...

But, that raise still doesn't bring me close to the low-end of the "average" salary range for someone doing my job in this area of the world...

So I explained that to him, and then said that I know the company's finances may not be able to accommodate that large of a jump in my salary at this time, and Money on it's own is not what I want. So I explained I'd be more than willing to accept the equivalent change in salary, in PTO, and set that time off for specific times of the year when I'm not needed here at the office as much (School District offices are rarely in session in July, or a whole lot in December).

This afternoon I have to give him the specs of how it'll work...

My thought is this - we figure the $$ amount of the raise, then determine how many days' worth of pay that is equivalent to. We set achievable objectives for me to "grow" into and prove my ability to take on this new supervisory role and make my team successful, and as I reach each goal, I "win" a certain percentage of additional PTO to be used at my discretion.
There has to be a cap on how much PTO I can earn, after I reach the max, then we revert back to a standard salary adjustment schedule.

What do you guys think?