Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
The weekend is in sight!!!!

I spent last night hunting down a softball glove for my GF and then practicing her slow pitch. :)

I bought this cool foam stuff you put on the glove and stick it in the oven to instantly break it in. It's pretty cool stuff and it worked really well.

Hope ya all have a great day!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
:stosh:

Bout time you got here.

Sup dillholes.

Got slapped down HARD by a group of fast roadies last night. It was everything I could do to stay in the paceline and everyone else didn't even seem like they were trying. They took me to some new hills that were sweet, the route we did had some good leg burners on it. Overall it was like 35 miles at about a 18.8 average, which I'm sure would have been a little faster if I wasn't holding things up. Gotta ride with that group more often, they ripped.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had my first real good ride of the season last night... a hair under 3 hours (about 2.5 hours of actual pedalling time) and just over 15 miles. Had lots of cramping and a bit of back fatigue, but all in all I felt pretty good. Was surprised how much I could do - guess I'm not in quite as bad of shape as I thought. Should be good to go Saturday... just gotta give my bike a once-over... clean the chain/cassette, adjust the brakes/derailleur, that sort of thing.

After 3 days of hell, Sean slept for 6 hours straight last night... by far the longest in his short tenure on this planet. Man, did THAT feel good. Sleep and riding are neck-and-neck in the race for my favorite thing to do these days.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - rode with Tonyhawk and IAB last night and man am I out of shape and rusty out on the trails - I rode like crap, but at least I was out there.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Morn'g your Stoshness...

I spent all evening trying to locate a water leak in a wall where my trim carpenters shot a nail in the baseboard that also penetrated a coper water line.

Doesn't that sound like fun?

The silly part of it is that I always mark the plumbing risers with bright orange spray paint on the slab where the lines are so this won't happen.

:(

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am still too scared to ride with a seasoned roadie group.

'Morning monkeys. Work is busy as all hell today.

Had a nice MTB ride with MMcG and tonyhawk last night. We rode for about two hours. While my legs are feeling great right now, I realize my bike handling skills and balance are not in mid-season form yet. I could not keep a line to save my life yesterday.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
:stosh:

Bout time you got here.

Sup dillholes.

Got slapped down HARD by a group of fast roadies last night. It was everything I could do to stay in the paceline and everyone else didn't even seem like they were trying. They took me to some new hills that were sweet, the route we did had some good leg burners on it. Overall it was like 35 miles at about a 18.8 average, which I'm sure would have been a little faster if I wasn't holding things up. Gotta ride with that group more often, they ripped.

cool - thats pretty fast!

I'm doing a group ride tonight, last week the A group dropped my pokey ass as soon as we got past the red lights/stop signs (about 2 miles in)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Had 2 concerts yesterday and they went well. Today I am running around setting up for 3 concerts tomorrow. Chinese for lunch though :drool: so that's something to look forward to :D Supposed to go to a club meeting tonight and I REALLY need to geta ride in so I will be rushing around all day to make it happen!!!

MMcG - glad to hear you're getting out there on the trails. Don't worry...I ride like crap all the time ;)

Echo - Sq-Earl & I were practicing drafting the other night and it was cool. We may have to get some of these road bikes afterall :devil:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
I am still too scared to ride with a seasoned roadie group.

'Morning monkeys. Work is busy as all hell today.

Had a nice MTB ride with MMcG and tonyhawk last night. We rode for about two hours. While my legs are feeling great right now, I realize my bike handling skills and balance are not in mid-season form yet. I could not keep a line to save my life yesterday.
You certainly did a helluva lot better than me IAB!

Good to get out there though - too few and too far between so far this season.

splat

Nam I am
I went to see My Daughters softball game last night , it eneded in a Tie , 11-11 , she went 0 - 0 and 3 walks ( she can't hit to save her life , but she is so small they can't hit her strike zone ) and 3 runs scored, andthe one run she scored was an exciting one , she was on 2nd and a BAse hit and she came around to score with a play at the plate and she slid under the tag.

Tonight have my Thursday Evening ride .

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Had my first real good ride of the season last night... a hair under 3 hours (about 2.5 hours of actual pedalling time) and just over 15 miles. Had lots of cramping and a bit of back fatigue, but all in all I felt pretty good. Was surprised how much I could do - guess I'm not in quite as bad of shape as I thought. Should be good to go Saturday... just gotta give my bike a once-over... clean the chain/cassette, adjust the brakes/derailleur, that sort of thing.

After 3 days of hell, Sean slept for 6 hours straight last night... by far the longest in his short tenure on this planet. Man, did THAT feel good. Sleep and riding are neck-and-neck in the race for my favorite thing to do these days.
NOTE to SELF: I need to get Jackson directions today.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
douglas said:
cool - thats pretty fast!

I'm doing a group ride tonight, last week the A group dropped my pokey ass as soon as we got past the red lights/stop signs (about 2 miles in)
We did this one hill that was pretty long and steep. At the top the group was waiting when I got there. This one dude, who I hear was quite the racer a few years ago, says "I managed to stay over 16mph all the way up!". I don't have a computer on the new road bike yet, but I'm guessing I was going about half that :dead:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
You certainly did a helluva lot better than me IAB!

Good to get out there though - too few and too far between so far this season.
You did fine yesterday, yo. We were not looking to break any speed records. Besides, everyone has one of "those rides" every now and then. Tomorrow you'll be back to kicking ass.

I think bad weekend weather combined with family obligations have really cut into my weekend riding. Fortunately, my calendar opens wide up after next weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
Morn'g your Stoshness...

I spent all evening trying to locate a water leak in a wall where my trim carpenters shot a nail in the baseboard that also penetrated a coper water line.

Doesn't that sound like fun?

The silly part of it is that I always mark the plumbing risers with bright orange spray paint on the slab where the lines are so this won't happen.

:(
you know you can put little plates over the studs where the pipes run thru.

Lennox

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Toronto, Ont. Canada
Good morning all !!

I can smell the weekend, its close :thumb:

Victoria day on monday, so i have a nice long weekend ahead of me.

Just hope it doesnt rain :nope:

Have a good day...

splat

Nam I am
Echo said:

That is why Road riding is such good training, you just keep going !!! there really are no Stops and wait for every one to get rested.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
splat said:
That is why Road riding is such good training, you just keep going !!! there really are no Stops and wait for every one to get rested.
Road riding is good but it needs to be interspersed with an adequate amount of time on the trails IMO.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
MMcG said:
Road riding is good but it needs to be interspersed with an adequate amount of time on the trails IMO.
Yeah I'm taking the SS out tonight, Tweek is going to actually get out of work on time.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning everyone. Watched my Jenn's brother's baseball team kick some ass last night - final score was 11-1. Worked out again - I've given myself some goals for the next month and hope to be in good shape by mid June.

Hopefully it doesn't rain too hard and I can go for a ride tonight.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Damn! This chick who was on the ride just sent out the splits from her computer. There were a few miles where we averaged over 25 mph! :eek:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
Yep... and I may have to start using those.
My friends father built a house that he finished a couple weeks ago. Apparently the plumber never pressure tested the entire system and when the family moved in the fitting at the master bath shower blew and flooded the entire house. :)

Lennox

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Toronto, Ont. Canada
manziman said:
what is Victoria Day? i'm still confused by your Boxing Day as well.. :confused:

Its a day i dont have to work! Ill take it.

Dont you guys have 'pres' day or something like that... thats what my monday is... queen day... sorta :monkey:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Lennox said:
Good morning all !!

I can smell the weekend, its close :thumb:

Victoria day on monday, so i have a nice long weekend ahead of me.

Just hope it doesnt rain :nope:

Have a good day...
hi and welcome to the GMT.

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:
Oh...today is Springfield Bike to Work Day. I blew it off. That is a four hour committment that I can not make today. :(
The Funny thing is with all the bike commuting I ahve been doing for years !

I think only once have I actually ridin my bike to work on Bike to work day once!

Couldn't today either .

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Morning everyone! Great ride last night with IAB and McG. My sore knee is feeling better today than it was before the ride. Now I just need to find some decent pads to prevent future injuries.

Got a great weekend of riding planned, starting tomorrow: Case on Fri and Soapstone on Sat with monkeys, then Mtn Creek on Sun, then Bluff Point on Mon while Dina runs in her first race of the season.

Stosh - IAB snapped a couple pics of the roof rack on my Solara for you...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:
My friends father built a house that he finished a couple weeks ago. Apparently the plumber never pressure tested the entire system and when the family moved in the fitting at the master bath shower blew and flooded the entire house. :)

Oh that SO SUCKS!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
Oh that SO SUCKS!!!
thank god we have a fresh supply of migrant workers this time of the year to clean things like that up. All the drywall from the ceiling came crashing down.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had our wednesday night dirt crit last night. I got lined up with the fast group with 4 other dudes. I got dropped by the two leaders on the fast dirt road section on the first lap but caught up to them in the tight single track. Same deal with the second lap. I think I started tiring everyone else out by the third lap I took the lead through the fire road with two guys on my tail. Into the single track I pulled away and ended up winning. The crappy thing was I won because the 2nd place guy crashed, kid just turned 16 and is one fast mofo, he won a big road hill climb a few weeks ago. If the kid developes some singletrack skills he could win a lot of races.