Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
MMcG said:
More importantly was she cute and was she single? :D
Well I dunno about the single part, but she is cute. And she's fast as hell and has a sweet bike. I figured it would be bad form to show up and start hitting on the chick in the ride group :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
tonyhawk said:
Morning everyone! Great ride last night with IAB and McG. My sore knee is feeling better today than it was before the ride. Now I just need to find some decent pads to prevent future injuries.

Got a great weekend of riding planned, starting tomorrow: Case on Fri and Soapstone on Sat with monkeys, then Mtn Creek on Sun, then Bluff Point on Mon while Dina runs in her first race of the season.

Stosh - IAB snapped a couple pics of the roof rack on my Solara for you...
ha, awesome!!!

I may do that with my rack from now on.
My solara (my gf's but I drive it all the time) is the same color!! :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
More importantly was she cute and was she single? :D

I finally talked my buddy into doing a xc ride yesterday, we went to Grafton - neither of us know the trails, anyway, at then end of the ride we are on the paved access road back to the car...

so we see 3 MTB'ers coming the other way, as we got closer it was 3 really cute chicks!!! :love:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
I finally talked my buddy into doing a xc ride yesterday, we went to Grafton - neither of us know the trails, anyway, at then end of the ride we are on the paved access road back to the car...

so we see 3 MTB'ers coming the other way, as we got closer it was 3 really cute chicks!!! :love:
I betcha you'll be going back to Grafton again then right? ;)

My brother in law has been to Grafton a few times - let me know if you want his email address for future rides.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:
Well I dunno about the single part, but she is cute. And she's fast as hell and has a sweet bike. I figured it would be bad form to show up and start hitting on the chick in the ride group :p
Yeah - but there's always next time or the next post ride time right? ;)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
MORNING!

Today is knee surgery day. In approximately 4 hours I will be under the knife! That means tomorrow all I have to do is surf the monkey!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Heidi said:
MORNING!

Today is knee surgery day. In approximately 4 hours I will be under the knife! That means tomorrow all I have to do is surf the monkey!
wow, good luck!! I'm sure we'll find out how it goes tomorrow??????

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I Are Baboon said:
Oh...today is Springfield Bike to Work Day. I blew it off. That is a four hour committment that I can not make today. :(
Boooooooo - shame on you Babs! I think I'm going to go for a quick ride myself!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Heidi said:
MORNING!

Good luck, what are they doing to you?

I've got a follow up meeting with an Orhopedic surgeon today about my knee, but everything feels good.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Westy said:
Good luck, what are they doing to you?

I've got a follow up meeting with an Orhopedic surgeon today about my knee, but everything feels good.

They are gonna scope it and fix what's wrong hopefully. :) They anticipate finding a flap of cartilage or bone fragment up underneath the knee cap that can't be seen on the MRI's I had. It has morphed. Lately, I've been able to actually ride a lot, with pain mind you, but not like before where the joint would stiffen up. It still gets the sharp excruciating stabbing pain like my knee cap will split in two.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Heidi said:
They are gonna scope it and fix what's wrong hopefully. :) They anticipate finding a flap of cartilage or bone fragment up underneath the knee cap that can't be seen on the MRI's I had. It has morphed. Lately, I've been able to actually ride a lot, with pain mind you, but not like before where the joint would stiffen up. It still gets the sharp excruciating stabbing pain like my knee cap will split in two.

good luck / hope it heals up quick !!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good mornin all!!!

yesterday was ok.. I got bored around 9 pm and went out for some urban playing on my ss. It wound up being a 2hr session and quite a few scratches on me.. luckily more from pedals than from hitting the floor.

Weekend is near and looking forward to some singletrack.. or if i have the time Diablo!!!!!!

Heidi.. good luck I wish you well and a speedy recovery...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
good mornin all!!!

yesterday was ok.. I got bored around 9 pm and went out for some urban playing on my ss. It wound up being a 2hr session and quite a few scratches on me.. luckily more from pedals than from hitting the floor.

Weekend is near and looking forward to some singletrack.. or if i have the time Diablo!!!!!!

Heidi.. good luck I wish you well and a speedy recovery...
let me know when you go to diablo.

I don't have a DH bike but I'll ride some XC there.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Tommorow is San Diego's Bike to Work day...I'm still trying to find the best route that won't take me through too many ghetto sections....and because it's 25 miles one way, I'm going to take a half day at work and go a nice slow pace back home. Other than that just getting everything ready for the race this weekend.

Good luck with your recovery Heidi! :)

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Did a little 2 hr road ride this morning.

Normally ride the trails on Thursday mornings, but the humidity has been ridiculous lately. It was 73* with 78% humidity this morning when I started.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
TreeSaw said:
Morning! Had 2 concerts yesterday and they went well. Today I am running around setting up for 3 concerts tomorrow. Chinese for lunch though :drool: so that's something to look forward to :D
any fun stuff on the program? this weekend i have a bevy of (ok, 2) concerts, and the highlights from a trumpet player's perspective are light cavalry overture, sibelius 1 at times, and playing some wack modern stuff written by composers who don't respect the proper range (as in loads of writing around concert C, C# :dead: ). it's fun, 'cuz i have an excuse to be tasteless

oh yeah, and i moved to a new apt last week, lengthening my bike commute time from 4 to 25 minutes. it'll be good for me...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Afternoon monkeys! Had practice with the DH team last night. The local paper is doing an article on us and their news photographer was there last night to shoot some pics. So we took him out to the top of this one nice rock garden/cliff drop line and ripped it up! Well, our resident pro rider (Jimmy Stoddard) and the rest of the pro/expert riders ripped it while I poked my way down a somewhat "safer" line. Man those guys are good!! I'll try to post the pics when we get copies. Anyway, as Treesaw said, club meeting tonight to finalize everything for Sunday's big SMBA event, road ride tomrrow morning, trail maintenance Sat. morning and some DHing at West Mtn. Sat. afternoon and then ride, ride, ride (drink beer) and ride some more on Sunday!!!! Can't wait!! :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Afternoon monkeys! Had practice with the DH team last night. The local paper is doing an article on us and their news photographer was there last night to shoot some pics. So we took him out to the top of this one nice rock garden/cliff drop line and ripped it up! Well, our resident pro rider (Jimmy Stoddard) and the rest of the pro/expert riders ripped it while I poked my way down a somewhat "safer" line. Man those guys are good!! I'll try to post the pics when we get copies. Anyway, as Treesaw said, club meeting tonight to finalize everything for Sunday's big SMBA event, road ride tomrrow morning, trail maintenance Sat. morning and some DHing at West Mtn. Sat. afternoon and then ride, ride, ride (drink beer) and ride some more on Sunday!!!! Can't wait!! :D
sounds like a quality weekend!!!