Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I wasn't able to get out in the woods yesterday so I did a relaxed 10 road miles to and from town.

That was about it for last night.

Hope ya all have a great day!!!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello.

Me, MBC, and MMcG did 21 road miles last night. 90 minutes. Actually, Mark probably did 26-27 miles since he pedaled to our house to meet us. 'Twas a good ride and a beautiful night for it.

Lots of chores to do tonight so we're not going to ride.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had our Wednesday night race yesterday. Got my customary 2nd place, only one other person showed up for the expert class so it was an easy podium.:) It was the first time I rode my Superlight locally since November, damn I love that bike, it feels like an extension of my body.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Rain yesterday. No ride. Doesn't matter, bike is still at the shop so no riding anyways. Thinking of selling it(Bullit) though, and scaling back the travel a bit. I've always loved the snappy feel of my SS hardtail, just wanted a bit more bump compliance with a burly frame. I'm thinking seriously about an '05 Preston FR. I've always liked that frame, but have been waiting for the design to "stabilize" a bit before going further with it. Looks like they have their ducks in a row now, so that's what I'm thinkin' about. I need to do more trail rides and less standing around and hucking things. :thumb:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Polandspring88 said:
Actually I am terrible today. Probably the worst day I have had in my entire life.
Tim
:confused:

Morning stosh & everyone else. Didn't get to do much besides laundry last night. Supposed to be nice weather this weekend - woo hoo!

I'm currently trading emails with a co-worker. My email to her said we were doing a validation, and needed to perform a certain database transaction, which none of us knew how to do. Her response was, "Well, if it's for the validation, I think we should go ahead and do the transaction." :rolleyes: No sh*t, Sherlock.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Good to read about everyone riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the clearance from my dr. yesterday to do some EASY spins and I mean easy. Unfortunately, I cannot yet bend my knee enough to do the full circle motion. I'll try swimming for a few days and maybe by this weekend I can actual sit on a saddle and turn the cranks:)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I raced at Dalton last night - definitely fun!

seems (for the 1st time) I am on a team, Laz asked me if I was interested in joing team plattekill, I couldnt say no to that :D
of course I cant make the 1st team meeting which is this w/e

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
I raced at Dalton last night - definitely fun!

seems (for the 1st time) I am on a team, Laz asked me if I was interested in joing team plattekill, I couldnt say no to that :D
of course I cant make the 1st team meeting which is this w/e
How did you do? How was the course? What were your lap times?

Good deal with the team thing. Joining a team made me faster because now I have some fast people to ride with, I lucked out too because they are all very cool people.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Did a local XC race last night on the SS, which was super fun. But my back is pissed at me today. Found out I might not have a bike for Dalton. :mumble:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Had DH practice last night. Did timed sprints for about an hour and 1/2. We have this DH "course" set up and it's a lot of fun. I think for the first time last night, I actually "let go", overcame some fear, stayed off the brakes, and let the bike do the work. I was happy to see that my times continued to get better. Came in (on average) about 20 secs. behind 2 of the expert riders on the team. Good thing the Pros wern't there!

Anyway, got me psyched for Plattekill this weekend!!

Doug, you're going to be racing DH again!!?!!?! Sweet! :thumb:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
binary visions , my sob story goes like this. as of last night my girlfriend left me. loved her more than life, and still have no idea why she left. two, of all the people i consider friends, very few care. thats it and nothing more.

luckily im going out shooting tonight. hopefully relieve some of the built up anguish. and probably going to attitash saturday with some guys. if anyone is going to be there, ill be on a scuba yellow bullit with a monster.
Tim

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning! Had DH practice last night. Did timed sprints for about an hour and 1/2. We have this DH "course" set up and it's a lot of fun. I think for the first time last night, I actually "let go", overcame some fear, stayed off the brakes, and let the bike do the work. I was happy to see that my times continued to get better. Came in (on average) about 20 secs. behind 2 of the expert riders on the team. Good thing the Pros wern't there!

Dude, is your real name Tigg?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Oh my bike is outside on my Xterra ready for a sweet solo ride tonight.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Polandspring88 said:
binary visions , my sob story goes like this. as of last night my girlfriend left me. loved her more than life, and still have no idea why she left. two, of all the people i consider friends, very few care. thats it and nothing more.
Wow, sorry to hear that man. hang in there and let your bike be your friend. Riding does wonders to clear your head.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
refer to my post directly above n8's. told the nice condensed version minus all of the juicy details.
Tim
Yep I read it!!

The one thing I learned when a girlfriend broke up with me a few years back and thats that your bike will never hate or leave you.

Go ride man! You'll feel much better, being angry helps you crank up the hills.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
Did a local XC race last night on the SS, which was super fun. But my back is pissed at me today. Found out I might not have a bike for Dalton. :mumble:
What, what, what??? :confused:

I'd loan you one of mine, but you'd look a little funny riding a small :p

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Heidi said:
Good to read about everyone riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the clearance from my dr. yesterday to do some EASY spins and I mean easy. Unfortunately, I cannot yet bend my knee enough to do the full circle motion. I'll try swimming for a few days and maybe by this weekend I can actual sit on a saddle and turn the cranks:)
That's AWESOME :thumb: Congratulations. Now, don't go too hard on yourself the first time out. ;)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
How did you do? How was the course? What were your lap times?

Good deal with the team thing. Joining a team made me faster because now I have some fast people to ride with, I lucked out too because they are all very cool people.
not sure - not 1st or last, they dont do a podium & results have not been posted yet, but I am 95% sure everyone that finished before me are 10-20 years younger than me

For the weekly race they do short courses - new course every week. I really like the terrain there so I always enjoy the course

That team is mostly DH guys, I dont have much details on the team yet

AND, the 24 course has not been decided upon yet, but (so far) adrenaline has not requested any new trails to be built

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Rip said:
Morning :stosh:

Still angry from Tuesdays BB debacle. Will have that fixed today or tomorrow regardless.
How exactly did a BB bind up on you?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
great ride last night, terrible day, i just got burried up to my eyes in accounting bs, 1 week at the new job and im already looking for a new one...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:

Sweet! Congrats!!! Where did you practice?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
great ride last night, terrible day, i just got burried up to my eyes in accounting bs, 1 week at the new job and im already looking for a new one...
what do you do?

J

JRB

I worked on the weedeater and will be taking it to the shop at lunch. DON'T crank one with no kill switch hooked up, or with the clutch opened up. Parts will fly every where once it races out of control. :nope:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
I worked on the weedeater and will be taking it to the shop at lunch. DON'T crank one with no kill switch hooked up, or with the clutch opened up. Parts will fly every where once it races out of control. :nope:
and you got it to stop by?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
not sure - not 1st or last, they dont do a podium & results have not been posted yet, but I am 95% sure everyone that finished before me are 10-20 years younger than me

For the weekly race they do short courses - new course every week. I really like the terrain there so I always enjoy the course

AND, the 24 course has not been decided upon yet, but (so far) adrenaline has not requested any new trails to be built
Congrats on the team thing!!! :thumb:

Maybe I'll try to meet up with you next week to do the Wednesday race thing. Gotta check the calendar.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:

I keep going over the course from last year in my head and have begun to obsess over the mudpit. I would say that I need help from a mental health professional but I just don't feel like wearing out every single part on my bike again.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Wanted a new BB with the new frame, the jerkoff at the shop ignored it, BB started acting up on Sunday's ride at Nam, took Monday as a rest day. On Tuesday took it to shop and the only thing the person did was spray tri-flow in there. That night it seized up 3 miles into a group ride.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Sweet! Congrats!!! Where did you practice?
Northwoods. Down from the top of the "carriage loop" through all those nasty rock gardens. Get the brake issue solved on your DH bike and join us some Wed. night!! :devil: