Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Did most of my packing last night for MBW.

I can't wait!! It's a bit overcast here but man I'm so glad it's not still 95 and HUMID!!!!

How is everybody today?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Morning stosh, I went out for a ride last night, all went well rode a bunch of new north shore stuff that some guys put in around my house on the xc trails...All was going well until i did a header over the bars and landed on a lump sticking out of a log directly on my back. Now its all purple and a b1tch sitting in an office chair :dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Morning stosh, I went out for a ride last night, all went well rode a bunch of new north shore stuff that some guys put in around my house on the xc trails...All was going well until i did a header over the bars and landed on a lump sticking out of a log directly on my back. Now its all purple and a b1tch sitting in an office chair :dead:
Yeah I went over my handlebars last week as well. I however landed in a nice soft part of the trail. It's not even a bruise you can easily show people. :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Did my grocery shopping for MBW last night. Got 4.5lbs of speedies - that should be enough for everyone (usually figure .5lbs per person). Working a half day to day so I can most of my crap around this afternoon and not have to be crazy tomorrow morning. Downloading some music so I have something to listen to on the ride down.

That's about it for me.

splat

Nam I am
Morning !!!

Today is my friday since I have tommorow off !!! whoooo hooo

tonight is ride night , and we seam to have waht looks like a pretty good sized crew, and we are going to hit the New XC/freeride trail we cut last weekend.

then tommorow , have to go to NH for my In-laws 50th anniversry dinner , and on Saturday I am going to pre -ride Pats Peak

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Did my grocery shopping for MBW last night. Got 4.5lbs of speedies - that should be enough for everyone (usually figure .5lbs per person). Working a half day to day so I can most of my crap around this afternoon and not have to be crazy tomorrow morning. Downloading some music so I have something to listen to on the ride down.

That's about it for me.
I'm trying to draft an e-mail declining the job offer I had.... this sucks... the guy/firm was really nice.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Attempted to prime/paint my front porch yesterday, but everytime I got out there and set up it started to rain. So I was in...out...in...out... the better part of the afternoon. Turns out I was only able to get it primed. Even with just the primer (white) it looks better than it did. Went out to dinner last night with the family and my mom-in-law. Mmmmm...fish 'n chips and Samual Adams Summer Brew! :drool:

Nothing special planned for tonight. Have fun at MBW everyone!! :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
what a difference XC ride Sunday it was 90 degrees/90% humidity, XC ride yesterday it was 55 degrees and for part of the ride raining

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
So I was in...out...in...out... the better part of the afternoon.

_______________ Line of to much information.....

* <----- You!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning stosh.

I wrote my letter of resignation last night, to be presented to my boss tomorrow.

:eek:
I dream of that day... I would really love to do it right now. We're in the thick of a project I'm managing and I still haven't gotten my raise since I took the position in March. I would f'ing love to see the look on my boss's face.

When are you planning on moving?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
what's up IAB?

Crappy weather here in CT today - overcast and drizzling out there. I wonder if Liam's final regular season game will get cancelled or not.

He did get selected to the town's U-9 All Star team - so he'll have a few more games to play in mid July. :cool:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
what's up IAB?

Crappy weather here in CT today - overcast and drizzling out there. I wonder if Liam's final regular season game will get cancelled or not.

He did get selected to the town's U-9 All Star team - so he'll have a few more games to play in mid July. :cool:
Wow, thats awesome man!!! Did you ever get that kona built up?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning.....

MUCH more pleasant temps today---I think we may drop below 90 here in NC. Supposed to get better each successive day. Should be lovely weather for the Dark Mtn. race this weekend. Wasn't feeling all that well yesterday......several 90 degree rides this week had just left me drained, and I needed a nap after work. I rarely take naps, so this was really sah-weet. Woke up refreshed and ready for another nap. :o:

Gonna give the bike a once-over tonight and make sure everything is in good shape for racing this weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Good morning.....

MUCH more pleasant temps today---I think we may drop below 90 here in NC. Supposed to get better each successive day. Should be lovely weather for the Dark Mtn. race this weekend. Wasn't feeling all that well yesterday......several 90 degree rides this week had just left me drained, and I needed a nap after work. I rarely take naps, so this was really sah-weet. Woke up refreshed and ready for another nap. :o:

Gonna give the bike a once-over tonight and make sure everything is in good shape for racing this weekend.
Bwahhhhh nap's roxorz!!!!

It is funny how sleep you are after one though.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I bought a pair of And1 low-top basketball shoes last night. They are really not my style and make me feel like a gangsta, yo. However, they have a ton of ankle support and are made for court sports, so they grip really well. I needed a new pair for deck hockey because I rolled over my left ankle about a dozen times the past two seasons, and each time hurt more than the previous. Let's hope a stronger pair of shoes will curb that problem.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
I dream of that day... I would really love to do it right now. We're in the thick of a project I'm managing and I still haven't gotten my raise since I took the position in March. I would f'ing love to see the look on my boss's face.

When are you planning on moving?
July 31st.

I think my boss might s**t a brick when I tell him.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
I bought a pair of And1 low-top basketball shoes last night. They are really not my style and make me feel like a gangsta, yo. However, they have a ton of ankle support and are made for court sports, so they grip really well. I needed a new pair for deck hockey because I rolled over my left ankle about a dozen times the past two seasons, and each time hurt more than the previous. Let's hope a stronger pair of shoes will curb that problem.
bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Pics of you in your And1's YO!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
binary visions said:
'morning stosh.

I wrote my letter of resignation last night, to be presented to my boss tomorrow.

:eek:

Ha......that's awesome. Maybe we'll meet you at the NC border and light a pack of Black Cats in honor of taking your first steps towards becoming a hick. :blah:

First thing.....we need to get you a nickname---everyone in the South has nicknames. And since "Scooter" "Bubba" "Hoss" and "Boss Man" are already taken by several million residents--and you're smarter than the average NC resident---we'll have to settle on something like "Brainy" or "Smarty Pants" or "Professor" :D :evil:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
binary visions said:
July 31st.

I think my boss might s**t a brick when I tell him.
Good luck with that, man. That is always a tough thing to do....well, it's tough if you are in good standing with your boss and the company. Not so tough if you hate the bastard. :p

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stosh said:
Why the Hell don't you call these guys out? Sounds to me like you're being taken advantage of..........

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
Did most of my packing last night for MBW.

I can't wait!! It's a bit overcast here but man I'm so glad it's not still 95 and HUMID!!!!

How is everybody today?
i much prefer the 90F/humid weather to the 60F/humid weather. it's summer, bring on the heat.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
Wow, thats awesome man!!! Did you ever get that kona built up?
I'm going to pick up the wheels for it tonight - and a different (but still cheap - $17 for an old Manitou Spyder that is fully functional) fork is on it's way for it too.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Good mornin all,
spend last night packing up the car for MBW.. I cant believ how much stuff i need to take. Then i went to MOM's and BBQ'd wiuth her.. some yummy chicken and steak!!! after that i was beat. But coming home I realized that i did not pack any cooler weather stuff, so i added in some sweatshirts and sweatpants and socks and an extra jacket.. just in case.. itsa goes down to 50 at night better safe than sorry (and cold). Gonna get the heck out of brooklyn around 1 ish.

Ill see ya later

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SkaredShtles said:
Why the Hell don't you call these guys out? Sounds to me like you're being taken advantage of..........
Part of the advantage to working at a small firm is they are flexible with a lot of things, the part that sucks is I have to be flexible... right now however, I'm stretched to my limit. Although it's not to bad... I still get to be on RM.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
don't decline via email. send 'em a letter. an email is weak, imo.
No time to send letter, now time to call. I'm leaving today after work and I'm to busy to call at all today.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
No time to send letter, now time to call. I'm leaving today after work and I'm to busy to call at all today.
how long would the call take, 5 min?

damn, yr girlfriend really does have yr balls.

edit - you are too busy to call them to decline the job in a professional manner, but you still have the time to post 15 times on RM so far?

:nuts:

J

JRB

narlus said:

:stupid: wow - got to use it twice for the same thing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:

edit - you are too busy to call them to decline the job in a professional manner, but you still have the time to post 15 times on RM so far?

:nuts:
You're right.... however I have no cell phone reception here at work(parking lot) so I have to drive in to town to make the call.

I'll do my best to call him at lunch.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
you boss obviously has no idea....?
Nope.
Greyhound said:
First thing.....we need to get you a nickname---everyone in the South has nicknames. <snip> we'll have to settle on something like "Brainy" or "Smarty Pants" or "Professor" :D :evil:
Err, maybe this move wasn't such a good idea after all... Is everybody in the south a freak? ;) :p
I Are Baboon said:
Good luck with that, man. That is always a tough thing to do....well, it's tough if you are in good standing with your boss and the company. Not so tough if you hate the bastard. :p
Yeah, this company has taken pretty good care of me. I wrote a pretty nice letter of resignation, stating what a pleasure it's been to work here and how much I appreciate what they've done for me... but I'm not particularly concerned about giving my notice. It's time to move on and try new things.
SkaredShtles said:
Tell me that you're gonna take some time off and go on a road trip. Things are lookin' pretty nice out here in CO. :thumb:
I'm taking about 3-4 weeks off initially just to get settled in, but no road trips immediately. The move is going to be relatively expensive.

Eventually, though. I did a big trip all over the US several years ago, and I'd like to do it again!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all, just getting my stuff together today for the weekend. heading over to stosh's this afternoon. Anybody want me to pull any pranks on stosh this weekend?