Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Mornin' besides this London thing being pretty depressing, I'm doin' alright.

I did a little urban last night on the way home from work. I scouted a few drops I had seen from the road. Turns out they weren't too good. Trees in bad places and all that. Went home and a friend called and said a band called "the Eastport Oyster Boys" were playing a free show so me and my wife jumped on the bikes and rode down to Eastport to see the show. Turned out to be pretty funny. Cheesey sea chanties and the like. (is that how you spell the plural of chanty?) We ended up going out to dinnner and it was pretty late when we headed home. We tried to take a short cut but ended up getting lost in the hood. Good fun.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
Gotta love those guys who try to win the race in the first 20 feet.

well, I was right next to the dude as we were entering the single track (there was only one guy ahead of us) - I could have backed off but didnt. Then he lost his balance and fell/leaned into me , and the other 15 or so riders were right on our ass.....

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Bogged down at work. I'll be plugging away straight until 5 today.

In other new, my older brother informed us that it wasn't convenient for him to celebrate my birthday on Saturday as he is going to visit a friend. Oh well, that makes the second year in a row he won't be there.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I Are Baboon said:
Some of us get NO cell phone reception in our houses! :mumble: In the off chance we get a signal, we have to stand perfectly still or we lose it.
exactly. american cell phones and coverage suck :monkey: balls.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
exactly. american cell phones and coverage suck :monkey: balls.
as long as you're not old and don't live in the posh suburbs/hills then cell phone reception is fine... :D :nopity:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i never dropped a call due to poor coverage in europe, and that spans about 6 countries. true, most were in cities but not all. i can't even get a decent signal in my work building (might be due to bldg construction, though).

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Toshi said:
as long as you're not old and don't live in the posh suburbs/hills then cell phone reception is fine... :D :nopity:
You'd think posh suburbs could afford a damn cell tower. :mumble:

(we live in a posh suburb but we are not posh)

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
stosh said:
my whole lower leg and foot is falling asleep.
no I don't wear different shoes.

Also the bike is an 18 or 18.5" frame I currently ride a 19" but the geometry is different.

Maybe it is related to Q-factor. Using the same pedals and shoes(cleat placement) but your cranks are different widths.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wumpus said:
Maybe it is related to Q-factor. Using the same pedals and shoes(cleat placement) but your cranks are different widths.
They're regular XT cranks... never had the problem before with them.