Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Went on a nice road ride last night with my GF's dad. Man it's amazing how much more well suited a road bike is for the road than a hardtail.

I'm hoping to ride today depending on the weather. I got my bike and gear here at work so and I'm pretty psyched to hit the trails after work.

Have a great day!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello.

I have some dinner thing with my coworkers tonight, so no post-work ride or workout for me.

We took our pup to day one of obedience training last night. She is going to fail. It's not that she does anything bad, I just can't see her listening to us. :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Truck is in the shop for the day, so I've got my wife's car. I hate cars... trucks are so much better.

I hope to get back on the bike this weekend, but we'll see... I'm eyeballing a 50mile (or so) road ride.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Truck is in the shop for the day, so I've got my wife's car. I hate cars... trucks are so much better.

I hope to get back on the bike this weekend, but we'll see... I'm eyeballing a 50mile (or so) road ride.
You gonna sell the truck?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! I'm doing laundry and debating making a good breakfast for myself. I am supposed to take my little brother to the Great Escape today but it's looking a bit gray outside :( We'll go anyway I am sure and if it rains we'll call it a day. I have to finish the father-in-law's b-day cake too so far it's baked (2 layer triple chocolate fudge cake) with a chocolate butter cream filling. Then I am going to frost it with a lighter chocolate whipped cream frosting and coat it with some bittersweet chocolate shavings too :drool: Can you tell how much the man loves chocolate? :devil:

I may even try to get a short ride in when Sq-Earl gets home from work.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
dunno... I want to, but probably shouldn't. The though of going from one car payment (my wife's) to 2 is pretty crappy.
yeah thats true!

Aubrey and I would kill for only one car payment. Problem is we both love the vehicles we own.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning! I'm doing laundry and debating making a good breakfast for myself. I am supposed to take my little brother to the Great Escape today but it's looking a bit gray outside :( We'll go anyway I am sure and if it rains we'll call it a day. I have to finish the father-in-law's b-day cake too so far it's baked (2 layer triple chocolate fudge cake) with a chocolate butter cream filling. Then I am going to frost it with a lighter chocolate whipped cream frosting and coat it with some bittersweet chocolate shavings too :drool: Can you tell how much the man loves chocolate? :devil:

I may even try to get a short ride in when Sq-Earl gets home from work.
My mom likes German Chocolate cake, ever made that? Thats pretty good but it's hard to make IMO.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I have tomorrow off!!!

leaving at noonish for pats peak (in NH) I will be racing the 24 hours of pats peak - 4 person expert class. Total last minute decision to do this, team name = ? race order = ?

I'm riding over in the Plaines & sons (bike shop) truck/trailer which is cool being I dont have to worry about driving myself home after the race

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Ugggg! I hurt today. To much drinky last night. :dead: Had a pretty good day yesterday. Got home last night and my in-laws called and took me and the kid out to dinner at Uno's, so that was cool. After dinner I worked on my resume and sent that off to a few people. Then watched yesterdays TdF stage on OLN with my daughter and had a few beers. Guess who she was cheering for? ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
My mom likes German Chocolate cake, ever made that? Thats pretty good but it's hard to make IMO.
It is good, but a little finicky to make. He specifically requested chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and any other chocolate that I could fit in there LOL...I guess I have done it. Oh and I put a layer of mini chocolate chips on top of the filling before I put the top layer on. :p

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
I have tomorrow off!!!

leaving at noonish for pats peak (in NH) I will be racing the 24 hours of pats peak - 4 person expert class. Total last minute decision to do this, team name = ? race order = ?

I'm riding over in the Plaines & sons (bike shop) truck/trailer which is cool being I dont have to worry about driving myself home after the race
AWESOME!!! Good luck to you all! Take lots of pics and we'll expect a full race report on Monday ;) Tell Heather, Wiley & Heather's father I said hello!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Ugggg! I hurt today. To much drinky last night. :dead: Had a pretty good day yesterday. Got home last night and my in-laws called and took me and the kid out to dinner at Uno's, so that was cool. After dinner I worked on my resume and sent that off to a few people. Then watched yesterdays TdF stage on OLN with my daughter and had a few beers. Guess who she was cheering for? ;)

She is a cutie and a smart one to boot :sneaky: We've got to get her out on a MTB soon ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:

Nice!!!!

It's amazing how much I love watching the TDF at night. I've even got my GF into it.
That Bob Roll is something else.....

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Morning all. Went on one of my night rides yesterday. The past couple of times I've gone I'll climb up high enough to get a vie wof the town and the ocean, but it's always been foggy. I couldn't see a damn thing. Did see a deer though. Oh, and the highlight of the ride was getting a flat tire. I ran over a giant nail!! It stuck in the tire and went around for a couple passes at gouging my frame. Nice!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
AWESOME!!! Good luck to you all! Take lots of pics and we'll expect a full race report on Monday ;) Tell Heather, Wiley & Heather's father I said hello!
thanks / ok-will do / and I'll tell them you said Hello

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Morning all. Went on one of my night rides yesterday. The past couple of times I've gone I'll climb up high enough to get a vie wof the town and the ocean, but it's always been foggy. I couldn't see a damn thing. Did see a deer though. Oh, and the highlight of the ride was getting a flat tire. I ran over a giant nail!! It stuck in the tire and went around for a couple passes at gouging my frame. Nice!
How has the weather been in Maine? I hope we don't get rained out when we're up there.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

Went on a nice road ride last night with my GF's dad. Man it's amazing how much more well suited a road bike is for the road than a hardtail.

I'm hoping to ride today depending on the weather. I got my bike and gear here at work so and I'm pretty psyched to hit the trails after work.

Have a great day!
What kind of road bike do you have? I've been thinking about getting one, but I don't have a lot to spend right now and I don't know much about them.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
stosh said:
How has the weather been in Maine? I hope we don't get rained out when we're up there.
It's been o.k. Lots of overcast days here midcoast. You posted about going to Freeport one day. You should bring your bike that day. I've got a decent ride near there. Could be like a weekday evening ride...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Hey everyone. I had a great ride last night. My strength is finally starting to come back. I was able to power up some steep inclines and get my speed up on in the really technical places of the trail. Soon I'll be ready for another Stosh ride! :D

It's great to see so many people watching the Tour. Yesterday I went home for lunch and found myself in front of the tv until stage 11 was done. I looked up and saw that I had just taken over a 2 hour lunch break! This seems like the start of a bad habit, but I'm definitely going to do it again today...

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all. Got my buddy to buy his first mtb last night, then I took him on a little ride. Got my final for western civ at the community college tonight. Can't wait until this class is over, then I'll finally be able to ride whenever I want again. 8 days to monkeyfest.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
8 days til monkeyfest - holy crap!

Long range forcast... :D

Friday: Jul 22

A few thunderstorms possible. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 50s.

80 °F 56 °F

Saturday: Jul 23

Mostly Sunny
80 °F 54 °F

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
McGRP01 said:
Long range forcast... :D

Friday: Jul 22

A few thunderstorms possible. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 50s. 80 °F 56 °F

Saturday: Jul 23

Mostly Sunny
80 °F 54 °F
I appreciate the outlook but we all know that no new england weather forcast is accurate more than an hour

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
McGRP01 said:
Bradbury Mtn.?
Yup. They've been cutting new singletack. One of my co-workers is in tight w/ Bikeman, and they've been riding there alot recently. I'm gonna scout out the new stuff this weekend.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
ROCKLAND said:
Yup. They've been cutting new singletack. One of my co-workers is in tight w/ Bikeman, and they've been riding there alot recently. I'm gonna scout out the new stuff this weekend.
Nice! I used to spend a lot of time there when I was in high school. Very cool place.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Good morning folks.

Got up around 9, listening to O&A, and cleaning up the apartment a bit. I think most of today will consist of playing Warcraft 3 and packing/cleaning to head back to Poughkeepsie tonight.

Hoping to ride tomorrow.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Good morning folks.

Got up around 9, listening to O&A, and cleaning up the apartment a bit. I think most of today will consist of playing Warcraft 3 and packing/cleaning to head back to Poughkeepsie tonight.

Hoping to ride tomorrow.
nice photoshop job on your avatar.