Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Worked on my xterra for a few minutes when I got home. That was really about it for last night. Just relaxed and got some stuff together for our trip.
I'm still debating wether to bring fishing rods or not.....

Hope ya all have a great day!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
ah, top 'o the mornin to ya. Yeah, I woke up this morning to find my washing machine leaking soapy wet stuff ALL over the place. It's a disaster. This might be a job for the Ghostbusters.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
doing pretty well over here, especially with some cooler temps rolling into the area. Hope all of you that go to monkeyfest have a good time, then again how could you have anything else when riding for a weekend.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. 8 hours until my mini-vacation starts! I've got Fri., Sat., Sun., Mon., Tues. off! :) Gotta swing by the LBS after work and pick up a couple things, and then home to pack for :monkey: Fest! Meeting Douglas tomorrow morning and then headed to VT. for the weekend. Can't wait, been looking forward to it for a long time.

Have fun in Maine :stosh: !!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I started packing for Monkeyfest last night and the wife did some shopping for it. I don't want to be scrambling around at the last minute looking for stuff.

:dancing:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
My knee meet my frame alst night, my knee was not so happy about the meeting

raced / at the finish I made a risky move to pass this dude I was tailing for 2 1/2 laps....endend up sliding out and almost going in the pond...well my hand did go in

medic lady at 1st was saying I should head to the hospital........it still hurts, but I think it will be fine

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
left work last night, and i still hadn't gotten through all 400 of my emails which piled up in the week i was away from work.

opened the strangest bottle of wine last night. my wife noticed some drips coming from a bottle, and figured that the heat (when we were gone, we didn't have the AC on) made the cork fail. the wine was lying horizontally, and the foil was bulging.

so i broke the foil, and the smell was nasty. i looked down the neck of the bottle, and couldn't see any cork. as i dumped the foul liquid down the sink, the entire contents went down, but there was no cork in the bottle. no pieces, nothing. damn frenchies are too lazy even w/ the 35 hr work week to cork their wine bottles!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

Worked on my xterra for a few minutes when I got home. That was really about it for last night. Just relaxed and got some stuff together for our trip.
I'm still debating wether to bring fishing rods or not.....

Hope ya all have a great day!
while you're debating about the fishing rods you should look up which "wether" you wish to use

weather-the awesome conditions at MF this weekend
whether-the whether you should have used
wether-a castrated ram (no joke look it up)

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Morning all, only 24hrs until MF. Finishing up food stuff tonight. Hope to see you all in the afternoon. Oh yeah got a sweet marzocchi box in the mail yesterday with my new all mountain a3 fork!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Today I am preparing for Monkeyfest...making up some food and getting out the camping gear. Other than that, not too much else going on around here. Thinking about hitting a group ride toinght, but I have my heavy bike and they're a pretty fast crew so I might just hit the trails behind my house.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Just picked up a new frame last night. Raw steelhead, now its time for my dad and I to paint it. What color would you guys vote on? And no, I wont paint it rootbeer. I am very concious about color matching, and it will have a grey fork on the front. I was thinking perhaps a deep crimson red, candy apple green, powder blue, a deep deep blue, or um, I do not know what else I might consider. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Oh yea, had a great ride last night. Tried a few new things and managed to hit them smoothly with no trouble at all.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Crazy Sweeper said:
while you're debating about the fishing rods you should look up which "wether" you wish to use

Ouch, :stosh: Owned by the grammar police!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - feeling better today and getting more in the mood for Monkeyfest.

Should I bring my Ted Wojcik (lighter and full squish) or the Soul Hardline (newer components with 5" of travel up front)???

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Polandspring88 said:
Just picked up a new frame last night. Raw steelhead, now its time for my dad and I to paint it. What color would you guys vote on? And no, I wont paint it rootbeer. I am very concious about color matching, and it will have a grey fork on the front. I was thinking perhaps a deep crimson red, candy apple green, powder blue, a deep deep blue, or um, I do not know what else I might consider. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
bluebug32 said:
Ouch, :stosh: Owned by the grammar police!
I normally would have let it slide, but I knew what that form of wether meant, and I thought It'd be funny to point it out. Calling stosh a "wether" is kind of fitting though.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Not much going on here, just riding the wave till Friday. Went for a nice ride last night at Vassar Farms with Robdamanii. We found some fun jumps and managed to take some pics too. I finally got my cable/internet in my new apt. I quickly went to find to find OLN yesterday morning to catch the Tour and to my extreme sadness, Cablevision informed me that they don't carry that channal because Time Warner has it. I think I died a little inside. Where else can I catch live footage of the tour!?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
Morning - feeling better today and getting more in the mood for Monkeyfest.

Should I bring my Ted Wojcik (lighter and full squish) or the Soul Hardline (newer components with 5" of travel up front)???

lots of riding = I'd go squishy for my asses sake

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I took advantage of the low(er) humidity last night and went for a ride with my wife. Not too bad actually. We even drove home with the windows down.

I also fiddled with my rear derailleur this morning. I sprayed it down with tri-flow and wiped it down real good. I think it just needed a good lube job. Seems to be shifting better now. <- There must be a joke about somebody's mother in there somewhere.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Polandspring88 said:

Oh yea, had a great ride last night. Tried a few new things and managed to hit them smoothly with no trouble at all.
Dark Metallic Blue like the color SC used to offer, or Deep dark metallic green - sort of like British racing green but with a metallic flake to it - those two colors would be hot!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:

Whoops, forgot an H. :)

They'll think I'm weird if the IT guy sees I'm looking up castrated ram.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
where will you be riding? we did some great riding in NM (windsor trail, otero, and 10K) and SW CO (all over durango).

the durango diner's huevos rancheros cannot be beat.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning stosh.. and everyone else.

its been a busy few days for me, I am still in sunny santa monica but I took a few days to wander about. I wound up going to visit my cousins in San Diego , at first i didnt think we were going but they called us early sat morning and told us to get our butts down there. came back late sunday only to leave for vegas Monday morn and stay until yesterday. vegas was awesome..as usual. lots opf walking plenty off good food and always something to do. I played lots of blackJack and actually came home with some money , so I figure it could have been worse.
Today i have to ship my bike home to brooklyn. I diodnt get as much dirt riding as i had hoped here, I only got out on the trails twice. I am glad i brought my bike, though, i got to ride just about everyday on the path through the beach, there is nothing like riding your own bike

to all the monkies going to MF have a blast!!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
good morning stosh.. and everyone else.

its been a busy few days for me, I am still in sunny santa monica but I took a few days to wander about. I wound up going to visit my cousins in San Diego , at first i didnt think we were going but they called us early sat morning and told us to get our butts down there. came back late sunday only to leave for vegas Monday morn and stay until yesterday. vegas was awesome..as usual. lots opf walking plenty off good food and always something to do. I played lots of blackJack and actually came home with some money , so I figure it could have been worse.
Today i have to ship my bike home to brooklyn. I diodnt get as much dirt riding as i had hoped here, I only got out on the trails twice. I am glad i brought my bike, though, i got to ride just about everyday on the path through the beach, there is nothing like riding your own bike

to all the monkies going to MF have a blast!!!!!
Hey George!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
whats up killa????

all set for your trip???? you guys must be excited.....Hey are you planning to pop the question up there???? Have lots of fun!!!
yes - ready for trip
yes - pop'ing the question