I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
loco said:
:eek: Your car is too heavy, dude.
I think it's Doug.

Doug, cut back on the donuts, buddy.

A women in my department was looking over my shoulder at my computer screen and told me I smell like her sister-in-law's kids. :think:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I am doing well. Nothing much to report other than the bike parts are rolling in and its exciting. Going shooting tonight and I think DH at Jiminy Peak Saturday.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
So its supposed to be cooler here today. Only 97 instead of the 102s we've had the last two days. BUT it already killed the downstairs air conditioner. Strange how the HVAC guys are all really busy right now....

J

JRB

DRB said:
So its supposed to be cooler here today. Only 97 instead of the 102s we've had the last two days. BUT it already killed the downstairs air conditioner. Strange how the HVAC guys are all really busy right now....
Only supposed to be 90 here today.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
mmmmmmmmm doughnuts :drool:

I should have been more specific, I drove over a different section of bridge (the only section that was still open).......and saw the news crew, construction trucks/guys, etc

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
I Are Baboon said:
I think it's Doug.

Doug, cut back on the donuts, buddy.

A women in my department was looking over my shoulder at my computer screen and told me I smell like her sister-in-law's kids. :think:
Could be good or bad.
Good: That kid smell of laundry detergent, lavender moisturizer, Destin, etc
Bad: That kid smell of vomited breast milk and long-soiled diapers.

Any hints on which one she meant?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Busy night last night...had to decorate my brother's birthday cake, wrap his present, and all that jazz. The phone was ringing off the hood for some reason and I finally posted my monkeyfest pics. T-storms came through and spoiled our ride, which was probably for the best because I got a lot of crap done that I needed to do. Tonight is the b-day bbq so it's family stuff...maybe I can get out for a quick ride before, but I'm not counting on it.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
Doug.... what kida led sled are you driving?

Went on a nice ride last night around 7:00 pm it was only 72 out. :drool:
Did about 40 miles of countryside and got a nice sunset on the way home,
it's funny how when you live someware for awhile you forget how nice the scenory is. :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:

do you smell like Mr. bubble bath??

(maybe its time to go back to using cologne)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Goodmorning all!!!!

not much going on... rode to the beach yesterday about 12 miles in all. took the sun for a bit while i was there.. jumped in the refreshing water. I swam for 20 minutes or so and headed home just in time to beat out the storm that was coming. Today am sore from just from swimming... I decided I am going to bike to the beach and go for a swim everyday. especially because the beach was packed with some great looking women

tree.. what kind of cake did you make for your brother??

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Dalton/wednesday race was cancelled (t-storms), so I went to the gym for te 1st time in months, after 30 I noticed it didnt look too bad out, so I went home and did 17 mostly flat road miles - but I couldnt motivate myself to get my HR up

masters of the mountain race#2 (of 3) is Sunday @ Hunter Ski Mtn !!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning! Beautiful day today. MBC, IAB, Laura and I are trying to figure out what type of ride to do this evening. MTB or Road? I'm ready for both since I brought both bikes and gear for either type of ride with me to work. :cool:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Oh yea, and my brother just came back from Iceland and did not buy me anything. That piece of poo, I will probably never get there and he did not even get me one thing. He is practically black now though, got a ton of sun.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
TreeSaw said:
Well, it's s devil's food cake that looks like this (bet you can't tell what his summer hobby is) ;)

damn girl... you are gooood!!!! :thumb:

Multi-talented ;) , does laundry ;) and can make awesome cakes ;)

that sq-earl is one lucky guy.. say hello for me

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Good morning all!

About a three months ago I was hit by a car turning through a bike lane into a condo complex. I was riding at 20 mph in the bike lane and she passed me with her brakes on and immediately executed a right turnn in front of me.

I got a letter from my lawyer last night. It seems the insurance company of the girl that ran me over is insisting I was riding on a side walk, not the bike lane, so they are only half at fault. There are four problems with their hypothesis.

1. I would never ride a $2000 road bike on a sidewalk, its too brutal and you're more likely to get hit. Have you ever seen a spandex wearing cyclist riding on the sidewalk?
2. An Eye witnesses was deposed and said I was in the bike lane.
3. The officer picked up parts of my bike form the bike lane, while he was filling out the accident report and writing her several tickets.
4. In tempe it's legal to ride a bicycle on the side walk, so she'd still be at fault:
City of tempe code:

Sec. 7-53. Driving vehicles across sidewalks.

No person shall drive a vehicle upon or across a sidewalk except to enter or leave the roadway and only after giving the right-of-way to all bicycles or pedestrians lawfully upon the sidewalk.

I was distraught I didn't sleep all night.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
TreeSaw said:
Happy early birthday...you doing anything special to celebrate?
Unfortunately I have to work during the day, but I'm going to try to leave early to meet a friend to celebrate. Everyone (family/ boyfriend) happens to be on vacation next week, but I'll still manage to have fun.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
bluebug32 said:
Unfortunately I have to work during the day, but I'm going to try to leave early to meet a friend to celebrate. Everyone (family/ boyfriend) happens to be on vacation next week, but I'll still manage to have fun.
The boyfriend is going on vacation without you? Shame on him.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
reactor.. I guess the next step is taking all that info and bringing it to court??? I would talk to someone about sueing her... there is no reason for you to pay for her stupid moves...
But Im glad your ok from the accident

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
That freakin' cake rawks!! I'm very impressed. :thumb:

Well let's see......what do we have for today? Oh yeah, I remember---my Preston FR frame and Z1 fork should be arriving in about 2-3 hours via Big Brown----that, plus it being payday makes for a killer Thursday. Gonna order some parts tonight I'm sure of it. Been without a bike for about 2 weeks now, and candy bars are starting to look really good.......gotta get this thing rolling before I turn into Jabba the Hut over here.

My younger brother came by yesterday and was all bumming 'cause he got fired from his construction job. He and some of the crew got busted smoking a bowl at lunch. Whoops!!! He's so bummed for making such a stupid choice. I feel real bad for him cause he was doing so good at that job, but you know.....just got too comfortable, let down his guard for a bit, and a bad choice bit him in the ass. I hope he rebounds OK from this........he gets down on himself pretty hard when he f*cks up like this every now and then. But, you can't go burnin' at work......those are the rules, yo. But then again....this IS the construction business---where your ability to roll a pinner is a requirement for employment...... :D