I'm in early because I'm F'ing busy!!

"No time for the in and out love, just here to check the meter"
Name that movie....

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Not much to report on today... just kinda checking in with you boys. Stayed up way to late last night, so I'm really dragging this morning.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
life sucks, then I ride my bike and I am happy :D but I need to ride again tonight, hmm group dirt or group road?

pretty fast course last night at Dalton, 9.5 miles in 48 minutes

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning stosh. That's from A clockwork orange. kind of stressed, too much going on both at work and at home, waiting for treesaw's party so I can unwind.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
G'Mornin'......

Hope everyone is well today. Thursday......lemme see here, ummm.......oooh-oooh, it's payday today. That's a good thing fo' sure. Building up a new bike, so any extra $$ helps. Damn these things are expensive. Didn't really do a whole lot yesterday....dropped some veggies off by a friends house, had a beer over there, went home and cooked some Chow Mein. Was dozing off on the couch around 10:30 when I got a call from the 2nd shift leader at work. Seems like they had some questions about some floor truss dimensions, and didn't have all the info they needed. So, I shuffled on over to my flip-flops, grabbed my keys.....realized I was in my underwear........----> put some shorts on, found my keys again, and headed on over to play Mr. Fix-it. Turned out to be a relatively simple solution, but since I was already there, I got everything set up for the next morning shift. By then, it was around 11:30, so I headed on out and got home just before midnight. Whew! Long day, I'm tired. Had a glass of wine, and hit the sack.

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!!! ......Alarm seems to go off really early today. ........Oh great, I'm back here at work already??!!!

---Have a good one!

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
Yo, Mornin' All. No ride this evening for me. (we have a standing Thur eve ride at Tar)

Jody, I hope you've been keeping up with the events out here. I'm building the biggest jump line ever for this part of the world. (Inspired by Snowshoe's Monster park) Going to do my best to get it up and jumping by Sunday. Wish me luck and come out to see it. Even if the bike isn't together You can help me get pics.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
It was my brother's birthday last night, had a family dinner than played some wiffleball. It was amusing enough I guess. Work is going to be boring today, not like it is not any other day, but it will be another 8 hours of boredom. www.howthingswork.com is the best site ever. Now I have to decide if I want to take a weekend vacation up to Bolton and ride the trails up that way...

Days of Work Left: 6

Oh yea, trap shooting tonight. My goal is to break 80. Wish me luck.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
good f'n mornin! well i slept way too much the night before last so of course i didnt hardly sleep at all last night so i am draggin ass today at work. have a client at 4 this afternoon so until then i am gonna just sit around and wait. yaaaaaaaaaay. snooze.

i did some yard work yesterday and i walk outside to get a beer from the cooler (dont ask) and my roomates dog is diggin up all the new shrubs i planted. what an asshole that dog is.

the dog is spoiled and has never been reprimanded for anything by its owner, it certainly got reprimanded after that though, i can assure you.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
i did some yard work yesterday and i walk outside to get a beer from the cooler (dont ask) and my roomates dog is diggin up all the new shrubs i planted. what an asshole that dog is.
So instead of riding or getting a dog that you discussed yesterday, you drank beer and gardened? :think:

Wow

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
So instead of riding or getting a dog that you discussed yesterday, you drank beer and gardened? :think:

Wow

well actually i decided to be productive for once. i got a lot of loose ends tied up for some trips i have going out next week, did my bills, some yard work, some beer drinkin, some eatin, some house cleanin.........i got stuff done that i have been putting off for a long time.

i couldnt find anyone to ride with anyway.

as for the dog, i need to wait until i get paid. all i can say is that my dog will not be at all like my roomates dog. hopefully when i get my dog it will kill my roomates dog.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
as for the dog, i need to wait until i get paid. all i can say is that my dog will not be at all like my roomates dog. hopefully when i get my dog it will kill my roomates dog.

Ah you can't blame the dog. Its that dirty slut of a rooommate you have, only god (and Loo) knows where she has been. Can we see some pictures of her already or what? :thumb: I heard she was hot ;)

You can ride by yourself ya know! :mumble:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Ah you can't blame the dog. Its that dirty slut of a rooommate you have, only god (and Loo) knows where she has been. Can we see some pictures of her already or what? :thumb: I heard she was hot ;)

You can ride by yourself ya know! :mumble:
she is a pretty good lookin girl. i mean she isnt Nikki but ya know how that goes.

how can i shuttle by myself?

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
she is a pretty good lookin girl. i mean she isnt Nikki but ya know how that goes.
I hope Nikki isnt too devestated that I am with someone now :blah:

biggins said:
how can i shuttle by myself?
I know you can pedal, I have seen you climbing with a cigarrette hanging out of your mouth.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
I know you can pedal, I have seen you climbing with a cigarrette hanging out of your mouth.
maybe so bit i have never ever had fun on a climb. thats part of the reason that i havent been riding. i dont want to climb, dont enjoy climbing, and i dont think the downhill is some great reward for climbing to the top.

i now officially have opened the thread to biggins-bashing.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
maybe so bit i have never ever had fun on a climb. thats part of the reason that i havent been riding. i dont want to climb, dont enjoy climbing, and i dont think the downhill is some great reward for climbing to the top.
How about riding say Dupont, where the trails are relatively flat? There is some fun stuff there. I am sure there are others that are similar.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
MMcG said:
Man it is really hard to view threads that Biggins posts in at work with that avatar. Nice going Shyrmp! :mumble:
Stop touching yourself at work the avatar will be there when you get home :blah:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. I have had a crappy week thus far. Had to take my car to the shop...they had to order parts, and it won't be fixed until next week. Sq-Earl's truck broke yesterday (literally) all but one of the wheel mounts on one wheel snapped off while he was driving...scary stuff. We got it towed home (finally) and fixed last night. I have been putting mulch down in my landscaping and sneezing up a storm :mumble: Taught some new private students and need to get to the grocery store. Hopefully I can get home before 7pm and get out for a ride tonight or I may go crazy!!!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning everyone. Had a great birthday dinner last night. A friend took me out to a really nice place and we ate so much food! And now it's back to work. Let the fun begin. Hope everyone's doing well.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup dillholes. Did 34 miles on the road last night, it was hot as hell but for some reason I felt great. Beat my best time for that route by 5 minutes. Tonight will be an easy trail ride :thumb:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I bike commuted yesterday and had my fastest time ever. 23 miles @ 20.2 miles per hour average speed, 68 minutes ride time.

The 40 miles of trail rides up at high altitude in Flagstaff (7-10K high) must have really made a difference.

Today, I mini-vanned it. I have tomorrow off, so time for more off road stuff. I think we're doing a combo ride on sunday half road half mountain. Should be interesting seeing 5" trail bikes flying down the road in a paceline.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Awesome. If I commuted to work, I'd probably be killed.
Hey I remembered what was going on Sunday, it's the Darkhorse 40 at Stewart.

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
I went out on a 15 mile trail ride last night at a new spot in Central VT with a guy I work with. This guy pummelled me with big technical hills, but it was great! The trail is right out his back door. Lots of good technical riding and potential air! Next time...

So when we finished, his wife has dinner ready and three plates on the table and beer! I can't decline at that point right? Dinner turns out to be a taco salad with beef. :blah: I haven't eaten beef since 1995. So, I delicately served myself a tiny portion of salad with about 3 specks of meat in it and choked it down with a few cold cans of Milwaukee's Beast!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
hey everybody!

Yesterday I did a good ~40-45mile road ride. Seems like 75% of the time it was climbing which made me exhausted by the time it was over. You sure as hell dont know suffering till you've been in the saddle for over an hour and are climbing a several mile long fairly steep hill (4-5% maybe?) in your lowest gear and want to stop but know you have to keep going. :p

The weather sucks today so I think I'll probably just hangout around the house for a while and see if it clears up, otherwise go dirtjumping or see a movie depending on rain and all that good stuff.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning monkeys.

Tropical storm took a faster than anticipated turn to the south, and passed by more or less. Just some heavy rain and some wind. Nothing big. Dive boat is cancelled today, so I actually got to sleep in.

Todays plan involves checking out the Bermudian Crystal Caves, possibly the Maritime Museum, and certainly going back to the bike shop to do some shopping.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Well while all of you are at work, I'm doing nothing. I quit my job a while ago for various reasons. I'm waiting on a repair man to fix my washing machine so I can do some laundry. Yesterday, I got more Green Gas for my airsoft gun, so I drove around and when I found my friends car and they were in it, I shot them up. Good Times! Last night I took my dogs on an urban ride which was fun untill they get in the way. Hope everyone else is good.

P.S. Biggins avatar makes me feel all funny inside

Edit: Repare man showed up while typing.