Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

splat

Nam I am
Morning !

Did a Nemba Group ride last night. was hot and we went fast , 9 miles of Up and down in Upton ( Up a ton ) state forest . in 1 1/2 hours .

tonight doing the blackstone canal. also doing a road ride at lunch.

Gotta get back in shape if I am going to keep up with you next week.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning !

Did a Nemba Group ride last night. was hot and we went fast , 9 miles of Up and down in Upton ( Up a ton ) state forest . in 1 1/2 hours .

tonight doing the blackstone canal. also doing a road ride at lunch.

Gotta get back in shape if I am going to keep up with you next week.
I actually had a great ride last night with Bluebug and Robdamanii.

You're gonna have a blast when you come down.
Was anybody serious about and riding with us next week?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
More work on the bike last night. Got the cone wrenches I needed and managed to get the hub apart and the axle in no problem. Put on everything else and realized that I needed to put a few spacers on the BB to get enough spindle length on the drive side. Too bad I don't have an ISIS crank puller or BB spacers. To the bike shop I go tonight. Had my dad stop by for me last night for a BB, they wanted 47 for it....you can get it for 19 online. :rolleyes: It looks good, I'll post up a picture tomorrow of it so far.

Oh yea, tomorrow is my last day of work. :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

I'm doing good now - been stressing about a work project I couldn't put the finishing touches on due to software problems (couldn't connect to a MySQL DB from Access using the ODBC connection, for those of you who know what that means). Turns out an update pushed out my Microsuck doesn't play well with the ODBC connections. I uninstalled the update and everything is going smoothly, and that project is officially off my desk.

Today is my last day at work... I took tomorrow off to get packed/ready for vaca which start early early early saturday morning. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up a bit next week and get refreshed before getting back to work. Also hoping to log some good miles on the road bike while I'm gone, but we'll see... kids have a way of altering plans :rolleyes:

Not much else to report at this point... I'll keep ya informed though ;)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Didn't do too much last night....we took our little D-student dog to obedience class. One class to go then Wednesday nigts are free again.

Riding a new place tonight with MMcG, wifey and two tour guides whom I've never met. WOO HOO!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
yesterday was a good day.......

~got an email from NORBA saying I qulaified for the US MTB Championships in Mammoth

~found a person to replace my computer tech/assistant

~won my catagory at Dalton

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:

~got an email from NORBA saying I qulaified for the US MTB Championships in Mammoth

wow... sounds like a great day. Nice job on the mtb stuff.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:

You're Dalton Doug biatch!!!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning monkeys,

Rode 10 miles at Stewart last night with Stosh and Bluebug. Completely awesome ride with completely awesome people. The only problem was halfway through the ride when I crashed on some loose grit and ripped my knee all to hell. The knee hurts pretty good and there's a pretty nice deep little gouge right under the kneecap. After the ride we had a beer and shot the breeze for a while.

Awesome night. So....Stosh, Splat.....next Tuesday? Maybe Wednesday too?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
robdamanii said:
Morning monkeys,

Rode 10 miles at Stewart last night with Stosh and Bluebug. Completely awesome ride with completely awesome people. The only problem was halfway through the ride when I crashed on some loose grit and ripped my knee all to hell. The knee hurts pretty good and there's a pretty nice deep little gouge right under the kneecap. After the ride we had a beer and shot the breeze for a while.

Awesome night. So....Stosh, Splat.....next Tuesday? Maybe Wednesday too?
Sounds like you could use a good set of knee or Knee/shin pads.

Nothin better than a good ride followed by a good beer!! What kinda of beer did you have?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:

Nothin better than a good ride followed by a good beer!! What kinda of beer did you have?
Rob only has problems with the flat straight parts of the trail.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
MMcG said:

Smithwicks on tap. And an excellent burger.

stosh said:
Rob only has problems with the flat straight parts of the trail.
Drops are no problem. Rock walls aren't so bad. Twisties are good. Flat, straight with some loose grit? Dead man walking.

Must be a concetration thing, that's what we determined.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Smithwicks on tap. And an excellent burger.

Drops are no problem. Rock walls aren't so bad. Twisties are good. Flat, straight with some loose grit? Dead man walking.

Must be a concetration thing, that's what we determined.
With all the talking I never did get to ask you what you thought of the burger... :)

Beth will have to do a write up about it. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Burgers!!! Even better then!!!

I'm not a big Smithwicks fan however........did they have any Harpoon on tap? Any Hefeweizens? :drool: :drool:
Yeah they have Paulaner on tap.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
3 days off the bike are starting to pay off. My waking heart rate is back to what it was 3 weeks ago. The achy heavy feeling in my legs has subsided and they are not so tight. Still going to take today and tomorrow off. Then get back to it Saturday and Sunday with easy rides.

Getting lots of stuff done around the house, which is making my wife happy.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Geek, not Greek, though I can see how you might confuse the two.
Ha!!

So I've been tenatively thinking about having a stewart weekend ride Sept 10th. What do ya think?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
'Sup, b*tches!!!

Thursday, yo. Pay Day. Always the best part of my week. :thumb:

Did some trail work for a few hours and then went to my in-laws for dinner. Had many cold beers and a killer steak and cheese sub.

The big thing that has my world turned upside down these days is that my wife now wants to switch sides of the bed with me. Why? I have NO idea.....but it's her new thing now. Tried it last night. How did it work? Oh....she slept GREAT! I slept like ass. Didn't feel right. You can't just go from the right to left cold turkey. There's no "transition" stage......no announcement or proclamation stating her intentions beforehand---allowing time for me to mentally prepare for said change. No nuthin'. Just BAM!!

**Sigh***

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
'Sup, b*tches!!!

Did some trail work for a few hours and then went to my in-laws for dinner. Had many cold beers and a killer steak and cheese sub.

The big thing that has my world turned upside down these days is that my wife now wants to switch sides of the bed with me. Why? I have NO idea.....but it's her new thing now. Tried it last night. How did it work? Oh....she slept GREAT! I slept like ass. Didn't feel right. You can't just go from the right to left cold turkey. There's no "transition" stage......no announcement or proclamation stating her intentions beforehand---allowing time for me to mentally prepare for said change. No nuthin'. Just BAM!!

**Sigh***
maybe you should suggest trying it on weekends first... :)

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Morning Monkeys. I got a cortisone shot yesterday so now I can go to the MDHCS downhill race this weekend. I have been on a mountain bike twice all year so I figure that I should be totally ready for this one.

Anyone else besides Cooter going to Chadwick?

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Greyhound said:
'Sup, b*tches!!!

**Sigh***
Some weird stuff can happen for shure when mixing up the sleeping config. Moving from one side of the bed to the other never bothered me, but turning the bed 180 to face the other direction felt real strange.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Yeah....that's a better idea, no doubt. I was too tired and my belly was too full of steak and cheese to protest past a clearly audible "BUUUURRRP!!"
bwahhhhhhhhhh
My Fiance' likes to switch up our bed positions sometimes. Usually on weekends though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
It would be great to get together with a bunch of monkeys and pound some out there.
Dude.... that sounds really really really gross!!!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
douglas said:

Congratulations! That's great :) Will you be at the deck party this weekend?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Nope but I wanted to see if you would like to come down.
ah, ok... I'd love to, but I can't really comit to anything at this point. Looks like Renae is going to need to have surgery on her back and we're not sure how things are going to play out with that. Go ahead and pick a date, as long as it's not the 24th, I'll try to make it. At this point, I can't really promise anything.