~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Greyhound said:
'Sup, b*tches!!!

Thursday, yo. Pay Day. Always the best part of my week. :thumb:

Did some trail work for a few hours and then went to my in-laws for dinner. Had many cold beers and a killer steak and cheese sub.

The big thing that has my world turned upside down these days is that my wife now wants to switch sides of the bed with me. Why? I have NO idea.....but it's her new thing now. Tried it last night. How did it work? Oh....she slept GREAT! I slept like ass. Didn't feel right. You can't just go from the right to left cold turkey. There's no "transition" stage......no announcement or proclamation stating her intentions beforehand---allowing time for me to mentally prepare for said change. No nuthin'. Just BAM!!

**Sigh***
tell her the new side makes you super horny, you'll either get more than normal or get your old side back :thumb:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning! Getting up was a bit difficult, considering that I took a couple of nasty falls on yesterday's ride with Stosh and Rob. I've learned how to fall with grace, but my body's still kicking me for it. I can't wait to go again next week! :D

Otherwise, it's a busy day at the office and preparing to go away to Saratoga this weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
:think: when are you getting married again?

oh, and when you start having kids, be sure to update yr frequency for us.

:p
Yeah, hopefully Aubrey will calm down by then.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Rip said:
Morning :stosh:

Worked on bike last night, will probably head out for a ride today at Round Valley.
Hey, Round Valley!
I have not been there in years, but used to go quite often when i lived in NJ.
I think that's a beautiful place to ride, with some nice climbing on the way out. It's also fun to dive into the lake when done.

I once had an encounter with a rock garden there that left my seat on the ground and the seat rails still in the clamps - it was ian interesiting ride back to the car - good thing it was mostly down hill........

How are the trails out there now?

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Mackie said:
Hey, Round Valley!
I have not been there in years, but used to go quite often when i lived in NJ.
I think that's a beautiful place to ride, with some nice climbing on the way out. It's also fun to dive into the lake when done.

I once had an encounter with a rock garden there that left my seat on the ground and the seat rails still in the clamps - it was ian interesiting ride back to the car - good thing it was mostly down hill........

How are the trails out there now?

They screwed up a few parts(someone was bulldozer happy) but after the first mile, things are exactly the way they always have been.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Morning! Did some hardcore house work yesterday. shampooing the carpets and such. House looks great. Drank a butt-ton of sangria last night at dinner, then went to a local bar for reggae night and a bunch of goose tonics. Gotta do laundry and get stuff ready for the deck party this weekend.

Hey doug, just pm Treesaw your email, she already sent me directions.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
douglas said:
she already has it.........when are you arriving ?
friday evening/night. If not many people are there I may just go into town and have a couple drinks. If I remember correctly there used to be some decent bars there.

Traffic might suck, heard there is a big horse race this weekend.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Crazy Sweeper said:
friday evening/night. If not many people are there I may just go into town and have a couple drinks. If I remember correctly there used to be some decent bars there.

I believe there is.

So you'll be there as well? It will be cool to meet you. I think we're getting there sometime Saturday, since we're overnighting at the Desmond for a work committment that Beth has. Hopefully we'll make it for the ride.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning.

Sat around the house most of yesterday. Played some basketball with the neighbors last night. Watched Over There on FX.

Today, I'll probably sit around again, maybe read, maybe go riding who knows. :p

It's a mystery..... :p

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Crazy Sweeper said:

Is it The Travers Stakes Weekend?? If so, 'Toga will be mobbed.

The Travers is almost like an extension of the Triple Crown races - often times those top horses come to Saratoga for that particular high profile race.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
MMcG said:
Is it The Travers Stakes Weekend?? If so, 'Toga will be mobbed.

The Travers is almost like an extension of the Triple Crown races - often times those top horses come to Saratoga for that particular high profile race.
sweet, rich girls...

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Morning everyone.

Bike commuter to work about 20 miles but the %&$&@! CS200 bike computer keeps loosing the signal from the wireless speed transmitter so I don't know for sure.

Saw the Doctor yesterday and I'll be off the Neurologist in a week or two. I don't have any major impairments, but I have a lot of small symptoms. The My Doc was thinking about an MRI but said in a lot of cases it just isn't able to really show the problem. We'll see what the neuro guy says.

I got to work on Saturday and then a mondo road ride on Sunday. Be a treat after last Sunday's ride at Pass mountain.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Crazy Sweeper said:

rob and I will be there as well, but are coming more like Sat. afternoon. There are definitely some great bars there. And, yeah, every weekend in Aug. sucks in Saratoga because so many people come out to the races! But I guess that's just part of the charm of the places.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
COmtbiker12 said:
Morning.

Sat around the house most of yesterday. Played some basketball with the neighbors last night. Watched Over There on FX.

Today, I'll probably sit around again, maybe read, maybe go riding who knows. :p

It's a mystery..... :p
You're such a bum

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Crazy Sweeper said:

Travers is the 27th

'Toga is crowded all summer, especially in August, yeah tons of hots chicks walking around/hitting the bars & clubs, man that just sucks :rolleyes:

I'd recomend hitting the town, I should take my own advice & make it a toga w/e and meet you for a drink or two

You making the trip up solo?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
OH!!!! Just got off the phone with my mom who heard from our insurance company. We faxed them the information yesterday and got a quote today. Should be getting about $3100 as the initial check, then another $1000 after we get the bike to make up for depreciation. And that's AFTER the $1000 deductible that my mom has offered to pay. :D :D:D:D:D::D I'm happy.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
mornin everyone...
O came home from work at 6 am, washed up , ate something and was at a local trailhead by 7:20 am. I was just so awke coming home from work i said "why not?" I got a nice little 2 hr ride in and was home and in bed by 10 am. I have no idea why i woke up at 1 though.

hey stosh.. how long would it take for me in brooklyn to get to you for a ride at stewart one afternoon/early evening?? I keep thinking of leaving work early to do that one day

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
hooples3 said:
mornin everyone...
O came home from work at 6 am, washed up , ate something and was at a local trailhead by 7:20 am. I was just so awke coming home from work i said "why not?" I got a nice little 2 hr ride in and was home and in bed by 10 am. I have no idea why i woke up at 1 though.

hey stosh.. how long would it take for me in brooklyn to get to you for a ride at stewart one afternoon/early evening?? I keep thinking of leaving work early to do that one day
I live down here too. Are you driving or taking the train? You could be here in 1-1.5hr. depending on traffic.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
hooples3 said:
mornin everyone...

We'd love to have you come up.