Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Well the job I was working on is almost totally dead. They have foundation in the ground and one of the investors decided to pull out. It's gonna cost them so much friggan money to close up the site and walk away from it. Stupid people....

Anyway I'm cutting out of work early today to go and ride with splat for a few hours. I can't wait!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - my upper left lip is swollen like crazy. Damned Angioedema! :mumble:
You speaking greek?

The bomber fork is in my car to give to splat.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
GumbaFish said:
How's it going all, seems like its going to be a pretty nice day around these parts
same here, we should be having an awesome ride today!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
A have an allergic condition called Angioedema - sort of like hives, but slightly different.
that sucks man!
What are you allergic to?
Good thing you work at a hospital.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
lovebunny said:
i just pulled an all nighter doing homework. fack!
I opted out of college this semester. There isn't anything the local college is going to teach me. The only class I would like to take is The History of Architecture and thats a 1hr class 2x a week so that means I would have to drive 45min each way for a 1hr class 2x a week. They do not set classes up to be conducive to working students.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
bummer MMcG. you can always claim you were sparring @ Kronk's.

rode into work today, a bit chilly but the long sleeve jersey took care of that. almost saw an accident (guy was going too fast and went way outside from me, into a left hander blind turn. another car was coming the other way. brakes/swerve avoided the accident, but i bet there was a smaller, smellier accident in the pants of the woman driving the other car.

for the last few days i've been working on riding wheelies after work, playing around w/ Miles in the road adn driveway. i think i'm getting closer...maybe i will learn to wheelie before i'm 40. :D

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning all!!!!!!!!

more house hunting found a few we like .. gonna see some this afternoon then head of to the hamptons for the weekend.
Looking forward to a party a friend is having on saturday, and just chillen by the pool. I am hoping to get a 60- 70 miler in on friday or saturday in preparation for an up coming century....
Im in a great mood.. today is friday for me!!!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
good morning all!!!!!!!!

more house hunting found a few we like .. gonna see some this afternoon then head of to the hamptons for the weekend.
Looking forward to a party a friend is having on saturday, and just chillen by the pool. I am hoping to get a 60- 70 miler in on friday or saturday in preparation for an up coming century....
Im in a great mood.. today is friday for me!!!!!!
Quit being in a great mood and check your PM's.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
bummer MMcG. you can always claim you were sparring @ Kronk's.

rode into work today, a bit chilly but the long sleeve jersey took care of that. almost saw an accident (guy was going too fast and went way outside from me, into a left hander blind turn. another car was coming the other way. brakes/swerve avoided the accident, but i bet there was a smaller, smellier accident in the pants of the woman driving the other car.

for the last few days i've been working on riding wheelies after work, playing around w/ Miles in the road adn driveway. i think i'm getting closer...maybe i will learn to wheelie before i'm 40. :D
how many miles is your ride to work?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
I can't even pull a wheelie - let alone ride one. :(

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
how many miles is your ride to work?
a bit over 9 miles or so. i rode in w/ a woman who lives down the street and it took a little over 40 minutes. i busted ass last week and made it home in 33 min (and i think going back is hillier). we'll see how i fare today. my largest gear is 32x12 though (am riding my wife's hardtail mtb w/ slicks).

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMcG said:
I can't even pull a wheelie - let alone ride one. :(
just get out and practice, practice, practice. my secret desire would be to be able to pull manuals at will, but i gotta be realistic.

the evil is actually a very conducive bike to learn on.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
a bit over 9 miles or so. i rode in w/ a woman who lives down the street and it took a little over 40 minutes. i busted ass last week and made it home in 33 min (and i think going back is hillier). we'll see how i fare today. my largest gear is 32x12 though (am riding my wife's hardtail mtb w/ slicks).
Wow, nine miles... what I wouldn't give to be able to ride to work.....

My dream is to live and work in the same town. I want to live on the edge of town and work on Main Street and be able to ride my bike on a sidewalks all the way to work. Kind of a strange dream but that would be my ideal life.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
just get out and practice, practice, practice. my secret desire would be to be able to pull manuals at will, but i gotta be realistic.

You using clipless?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:

I fear that I will flip over and break my back!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hello, everyone!!

Things are kinda bland around here this week. Took the dog to the vet yesterday for a tune-up. Everything checked out fine.........we sang "Moon River" together while they were "checking his temperature". He's all like "What the hell is going on back there??!!" :think:

Went out to dinner with the in-laws. Still sounds weird saying that....."in-laws". Anyways....they're cool folks and are fun to be around so we had a really good time. I stuffed myself with lots of tacos and Tecate cerveza.

Had to stop by work late last night around 11:00 to reset the computer for 2nd shift after a power blip knocked everything out for a few minutes. I hate having to make that trip---it always ends up being no less than an hour everytime, and since I'm a salaried employee, there's no overtime for any of that. Sucks. But the upside is I know how much I'm making every week, so budget planning is pretty easy.

Justine and myself are heading up to the mountains this weekend to our friends cabin for a relaxing weekend to ourselves. Maybe a little hike up Grandfather mountain, maybe just sit in the lounge chair on the deck and quaff cold beer---who knows??!! :cool:

Oh yeah.....got a box of parts supposed to show up today. That's my favorite part of the day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
that's just crazy talk! sounds like an injury waiting to happen.

MMcG, practice on grass, use flat pedals, and keep yr right index finger on yr brake lever. all is good.
When I practice wheelies I use my clipless pedals and shoes.....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Supposed to be a beautiful day here today so it's off to the local amusement park with my brother...home for a quick snack and out for a ride. Other than that, not too much else is happening today. Gotta get packed up for a Rochestar trip this weekend to celebrate a friend's b-day Saturday and probably on Sunday we'll celebrate my b-day with the inlaws.

MMcG - wheelies aren't bad once you get the hang of them...I don't have a problem doing them, but I can't ride them for more than a pedal or two. And yes, there have been some issues with flipping over, but not too many times ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
narlus said:
that's just crazy talk! sounds like an injury waiting to happen.

MMcG, practice on grass, use flat pedals, and keep yr right index finger on yr brake lever. all is good.
I use clipless too :think: and don't use my brakes either. I can do them with flats or clipless, but I am so used to my clipless pedals now it's weird riding without them.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
There was new singletrack at HolidayFarms race last night, soft squishy virgin singlrtrack :D The first lap we had a train of 8 which was really cool.....and I was really surprised how many riders had a problem riding a log in the new section.

Shaun, the guy thats been running this series for 10 years is done after this season, I hope someone (or a group) steps up to fill his shoes.....if it was closer I think I would step up to help.
I am going to offer web site & promotional help to whoever takes over.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
There was new singletrack at HolidayFarms race last night, soft squishy virgin singlrtrack :D The first lap we had a train of 8 which was really cool.....and I was really surprised how many riders had a problem riding a log in the new section.

Shaun, the guy thats been running this series for 10 years is done after this season, I hope someone (or a group) steps up to fill his shoes.....if it was closer I think I would step up to help.
I am going to offer web site & promotional help to whoever takes over.
Nice :thumb: That place certainly does have a lot of potential!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning all.

Spent last night doing veryyyyy little. A friend of ours came over and we played some halo with him. Very cool. Then had a nice sub for dinner and went to bed around midnight.

I want to know how to pop and ride a wheelie. Any techniques you folks use? I feel like I need to waste some time trying to hurt myself today.

Tonight we're heading to dinner with some friends and then to the Renegades game (for free no less) to drink beer, eat hot dogs and scream at the visitors. Should be a good time.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
stosh said:
Wow, nine miles... what I wouldn't give to be able to ride to work.....

My dream is to live and work in the same town. I want to live on the edge of town and work on Main Street and be able to ride my bike on a sidewalks all the way to work. Kind of a strange dream but that would be my ideal life.
Check. :cool:

Morn' by the way.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Check. :cool:

Morn' by the way.
So thats the type of town you live in?
I did leave out the part about I only want winter to last for 2-months.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Morning all.

Spent last night doing veryyyyy little. A friend of ours came over and we played some halo with him. Very cool. Then had a nice sub for dinner and went to bed around midnight.

I want to know how to pop and ride a wheelie. Any techniques you folks use? I feel like I need to waste some time trying to hurt myself today.

Tonight we're heading to dinner with some friends and then to the Renegades game (for free no less) to drink beer, eat hot dogs and scream at the visitors. Should be a good time.
Do you have one of the "Sky boxes" if so they rock. Also you don't really go to the Renegades games to WATCH the team play, you go for all the other stuff going on and the cheap beer and hot dogs. :) If I remember correctly they had kick arse fries there....

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
Do you have one of the "Sky boxes" if so they rock. Also you don't really go to the Renegades games to WATCH the team play, you go for all the other stuff going on and the cheap beer and hot dogs. :) If I remember correctly they had kick arse fries there....
No clue what seats we have.

All the other stuff? Are there beatings in the stands or something?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. I'm off from work today, so I'm doing the usual bill paying, errand running, etc.. I've got to pick my daughter up from daycare at noon and take her to a birthday party. Fun. Tonight my parents are coming over for dinner. Suppose I should decide what we're having at some point. Other than that, I've got to give the DH rig a once over before I head to Jiminy Peak tomorrow. Can't wait...I haven't been on the big bike in over a month! Should be a blast, I'll try to remember to take some pics!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
No clue what seats we have.

All the other stuff? Are there beatings in the stands or something?
They do like stupid games between innings, usually the Renegades play so poorly that you dont' care about the game.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning. I'm off from work today, so I'm doing the usual bill paying, errand running, etc.. I've got to pick my daughter up from daycare at noon and take her to a birthday party. Fun. Tonight my parents are coming over for dinner. Suppose I should decide what we're having at some point. Other than that, I've got to give the DH rig a once over before I head to Jiminy Peak tomorrow. Can't wait...I haven't been on the big bike in over a month! Should be a blast, I'll try to remember to take some pics!!
you seem to be off work a lot....
Shouldn't you be coming down here to ride then?