Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
narlus said:
no offense, treesaw, but that's not what i would consider riding a wheelie. i'm talking about being able to sustain it for a while, so you are constantly adjusting (either more pedal pressure to get the front up, or a slight tap of the brakes to bring the front down). there are plenty of people who can ride wheelies clipless, but i doubt they learned that way. imo, you've got to get comfortable in that tipping zone (ie, like if you lean back in a chair, and you are about to go over backwards). as you learn, you probably will go off the back a few t. using flats is an easy way to bail if you don't jam the rear brake on fast enough.

anyway, it's all just goofing around on a bike. :thumb:
none taken...I would never presume to tell anyone that I can ride a wheelie...which is why I still practice ;) I practice whenever and wherever and on whichever bike I happen to grab first :p

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
robdamanii said:
I think Zinn and we have a meeting.

Beth, your shifters shift fine when I checked it this morning, so you'll be good to ride until the new ones come in.

And to the general populace...How's the Marzocchi MZ comp for a reasonably priced fork?
I have an 04 comp that just came off my haro, it's a little dinged up but still works great. I could give you a good deal on it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
This is a reply to ROB.

Yeah the MKIII aint super light but it's aint bad. With some lighter tires I could drop some weight on mine.

It's beefier and my only suggestion is you could probably ride something lighter than an MKIII. I went with the beefier frame due to my weight.

However you could pound the crap out of it if you wanted to. I also like the shorter over-all length of the bike. I'm sure it will feel weird going from your 4500.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
robdamanii said:
I'm actually looking at the King Kikipu at around 26 bills. I'm impressed by the way it's outfitted, but riding it will be all the difference. And for something at that price, I want something that feels as natural and familiar as holding my junk to take a leak.

how about a used Kona manomano frame w/BB, headset & ea50 & seatpost??

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Doug's frame, Sweeps fork, your wheels and components from the Hardtail and you've got yourself a Full suspension trail bike! :)
That and all the tools he'll need. :)

Of course I would be more than willing to help him build it up.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
It probably wouldn't be great to try and squeeze a ride in after. There wouldnt' be enough time especially if we are going to take our time and you guys can learn how. Maybe you could just come over for dinner one night instead.
Yeah, that was what I was thinking and we'll ride another night.

I'll let you know when they come in the mail and we'll set something up. You're not far at all from my house, right? Half hour maybe?

Also, are you and Aubrey busy the entire weekend because we were thinking of trying to swing a Stewart ride one day?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
robdamanii said:
I'm actually looking at the King Kikipu at around 26 bills. I'm impressed by the way it's outfitted, but riding it will be all the difference. And for something at that price, I want something that feels as natural and familiar as holding my junk to take a leak.
the King Kikipu is a really nice bike... My LBS has a few in stock, a friend of mine just bought one from there. he loves it ... he got it at a great price I think $2300 maybe even less and he paid cash with no tax added. If you are interested let me know Pm me.. with your frame size and i could give them a call and see what she can do... the only drawback is i am in brooklyn

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Yeah, that was what I was thinking and we'll ride another night.

I'll let you know when they come in the mail and we'll set something up. You're not far at all from my house, right? Half hour maybe?

Also, are you and Aubrey busy the entire weekend because we were thinking of trying to swing a Stewart ride one day?
nope early next week would be fine for a Stewart ride.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
It's an 80MM Judy. Probably the same as your Judy.
yeah but I think yours has rebound adjustment.
I need a new 80mm as I showed you the Judy on my trek 8000 is shot.
I know I wouldn't have a problem with the Steerer Tube being to short either. :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
I can get ya all the pics you want, but heres one for now (451)

http://www.downhill.o-f.com/images/OP/pages/DSC01982.htm

negatives: its definitely used (scratched up).......the shock does not have lock out

positives: price, and it gets the job done (see Dalton 2005 lap time thread :D)
And it's not like Kona changed the design much - they just utilize newer shock technology right?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
douglas said:
I can get ya all the pics you want, but heres one for now (451)

http://www.downhill.o-f.com/images/OP/pages/DSC01982.htm

negatives: its definitely used (scratched up).......the shock does not have lock out

positives: price, and it gets the job done (see Dalton 2005 lap time thread :D)
Sweet. Looks hot.

Shock is replacable with a lockout shock anyway, so that's not an issue.

Drop me a pm with a price and we'll talk. :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
a bit over 9 miles or so. i rode in w/ a woman who lives down the street and it took a little over 40 minutes. i busted ass last week and made it home in 33 min (and i think going back is hillier). we'll see how i fare today. my largest gear is 32x12 though (am riding my wife's hardtail mtb w/ slicks).
I've ridden in 3x this week. ~16 miles to work, ~18 miles to home. I can usually make it to work in about 1h10m and home in an hour flat.

I'm riding my full sus mt bike with slicks.

Haven't gotten in good enough shape to pass any roadies............. yet. :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
I'll try and keep you posted but so far IAB and MBC haven't replied to my emails.

Sorry, yo. Been in meetings most of the morning. Tonight is not looking good. Check yer PM/e-mail.

MBC and I have not made any definite ride plans for this weekend. We're thinking of another Case Mtn ride Sunday some time, but it depends on how our other plans fall into place.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Lets see, I'm going to clean all my parts to put on my Ventana, then probley go to the gym, and then go on a bike tour of Amarillo with my friend Garrison because wew both are going to boarding school and everyone else is in school. We start at the new city built skate park, then dirt jumping, then another skatepark and then maybe some street. Then sleep.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
haha...yeah, I do. But I love my Cinder Cone. No complaints and I would NEVER sell it
If I was Rob the first thing I would change on his bike are thoes grips!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Don't like those grips eh?

Those Kona grips are way too thin for my taste.
I think trek got thoes grips from the girl dept at the Huffy factory.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Get these, they are thick and way f'ing cool!!!

You can get them in black as well!!