Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today.

I went to look at a house last night just for the heck of it. It was $240k and it was a mess. It's amazing what people waste on houses around here....

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
whats up stosh!!!

mornin all

Its amazing at the amount of money that can be spent on a house and its not even a really nice house. I consider ourselves lucky in finding one so soon and at a great price with very liitle work to do to it. almost move in condition. Thats why we put the bid in for it... take your time and you'll know when you see a house thats right for you.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
whats up stosh!!!

mornin all

Its amazing at the amount of money that can be spent on a house and its not even a really nice house. I consider ourselves lucky in finding one so soon and at a great price with very liitle work to do to it. almost move in condition. Thats why we put the bid in for it... take your time and you'll know when you see a house thats right for you.
Got any pics yet of the house?

All I want in a house is a garage.

Hey Ray and Devon are talking about going to Jim Thorpe in Oct. if you're interested.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
How is everybody today.

I went to look at a house last night just for the heck of it. It was $240k and it was a mess. It's amazing what people waste on houses around here....
[SkaredShuttles]

Dude, you should totally move to Flagstaff! New York sucks, as does the entire Northeast!

[/SkaredSkuttles]

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Got any pics yet of the house?

All I want in a house is a garage.

Hey Ray and Devon are talking about going to Jim Thorpe in Oct. if you're interested.
I dont have a pic.. excpt the multiple listing pics. this house is attached on both sides w/o a garage.. but parking is plentyiful. i really wanted a garage as well.. but that a lot of more money.

Jim thopre sounds great in oct.. you thinking of camping????

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Damn Stosh, we got one on lakefront property with a nice large deck and pool in great shape for 187K. Of course, this IS also Seneca Falls.

Morning :monkey:s.

Went for a ride last night. Not bad, but my knees started bugging me about 20 minutes from the end, and same with beth. Strange stuff, but we've both been beaten up on the trails lately.

I think tonight is a rest and clean up things night.

Stosh, you around next monday or thursday for a ride?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
Hey I was listening to NPR this morning discussing the base closures. Pretty interesting stuff. Glad you guys made it thru.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Hardly anyone showed up for the Dalton race, I has the lead out of all the 3 lappers until I had all sorts of bike issues........after I got rolling again, I went slow until my buddy caught me(only other person in my age group), I followed him around the last lap, tried to nicely give him some pointers, then I passed him at the sprint before the finish...........BUT dumbass me, I stopped just before the finish...and he passed me back for the win! (in our age group)

LOL @ myself :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Damn Stosh, we got one on lakefront property with a nice large deck and pool in great shape for 187K. Of course, this IS also Seneca Falls.

Morning :monkey:s.

Went for a ride last night. Not bad, but my knees started bugging me about 20 minutes from the end, and same with beth. Strange stuff, but we've both been beaten up on the trails lately.

I think tonight is a rest and clean up things night.

Stosh, you around next monday or thursday for a ride?

yep we can ride all next week if you would like.

I will be riding my hardtail... :(

nobody's got a 30.0 seat post....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
I dont have a pic.. excpt the multiple listing pics. this house is attached on both sides w/o a garage.. but parking is plentyiful. i really wanted a garage as well.. but that a lot of more money.

Jim thopre sounds great in oct.. you thinking of camping????
Yeah I told Ray and Devon if we go we're getting a cabin. They roxorz!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
Hardly anyone showed up for the Dalton race, I has the lead out of all the 3 lappers until I had all sorts of bike issues........after I got rolling again, I went slow until my buddy caught me(only other person in my age group), I followed him around the last lap, tried to nicely give him some pointers, then I passed him at the sprint before the finish...........BUT dumbass me, I stopped just before the finish...and he passed me back for the win! (in our age group)

LOL @ myself :D
Doug - what happened to the IH??

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Oh yeah and good morning - had a great ride last night with Matt and Eric - two non-monkeys. God I love riding my bike!

Had another flare up of angioedema again though - damnit! :mumble: I think excercise and the flareups are related so I'm going to ask my doctor if I should start taking Zyrtec on a daily basis from now on. Or at least immediately after excercising.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Oh yeah and good morning - had a great ride last night with Matt and Eric - two non-monkeys. God I love riding my bike!

Had another flare up of angioedema again though - damnit! :mumble: I think excercise and the flareups are related so I'm going to ask my doctor if I should start taking Zyrtec on a daily basis from now on. Or at least immediately after excercising.
I always pop a pepcid complete before riding.

They are great and you don't get as addicted as with Zyrtec or some of the others.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
hooples3 said:
man of many words!!!
whats up pal???? SS done???
No the SS isn't done, none of my local shops have a raceface BB tool, just ordered one online, waiting for it to come in. Had to order new brake rotors too, because mine are so bent I have to have brake rub just to have any stopping power.

Didn't ride last night, just played basketball, and went to a little barbecue, somehow I got hired to cook the barbecue. Might go see a movie tonight, I'm not sure.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
I always pop a pepcid complete before riding.

They are great and you don't get as addicted as with Zyrtec or some of the others.
Pepcid is for heartburn - Zyrtec for allergies - and angioedema is an allergic condition.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
MMcG said:
Pepcid is for heartburn - Zyrtec for allergies - and angioedema is an allergic condition.
Do you take allergy pills for anything else but the angioedema?

The reason I ask is that Zyrtec is more of a preventitive allergy med....i.e. it's not "immediate relief" at least for most regular allergies. Perhaps if you were taking it regularly, you'd have the medication built up in your system and you'd not have problems with the AE.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning everyone. Stosh, do you want to plan on a Monday ride? We'll be busy next Tues. and Wed. and then around on Thurs. and we're going upstate, but I'm not sure what time on Fri. My knee/leg/whatever I landed on at Stewart is still bothering me, but I threw on a brace and went out last night anyway.

Busy day at work, so not much time for the :monkey:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
Doug - what happened to the IH??
chain suck in the middle ring, so I was riding everything in the big ring, then I hit a pretty tech/step section and when I tried to shift into the little ring, everything stopped, looked back and my wheel was off :eek:

pre ride = I had 2 flats, and had to rush to fix them before the race so I guess I didnt tighten the skewer enough

the combo of a dirty chain plus abrupt shifting while cranking plus Skewer not tight enough = trouble!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I Are Baboon said:
[SkaredShuttles]

Dude, you should totally move to Flagstaff! New York sucks, as does the entire Northeast!

[/SkaredSkuttles]

shouldn't it be "SkaredofShuttles"? :D

i will say this - the trails in flagstaff blow anything in the north away w/ ease.

:drool: