Quantcast

~~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,208
372
NY
How is everybody today?

I got my bike all loaded up for a ride after work! I can't wait, it's been 4 days since I was last on a bike and I'm dying over here.....


:)

Have a great day everybody!!
 

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
3,075
0
Broomfield, CO
Supposed to be having a couple of lady friends come take me out today. I shall have their undivided attention this afternoon/tonight. Heh heh. Anyway, I am doing well. Off to class right now.
 

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
7,797
0
Portland, OR
Morning :stosh: ! Nothing exciting going on today to speak of. It is my Friday, so that's a plus!! :thumb: Tomorrow I've got to go to the DMV and deal with some stupid sh!t so that kinda sucks. My wife bought a new vehical last March and rather than transfer the plates from her old Jetta to the Subaru, the dealership just registered the new car. So the other day I get a Reg. renewal notice for the Jetta and come to find out, the dealership never turned in our old plates and now have no idea where they are. :rolleyes: Anyone know if there is a charge/fee associated with "Lost" plates? Once I get that cleared up, its over to my parents to finish up their patio. Assuming I get everthing done in the A.M., I'm planning on riding tomorrow afternoon. Have a good day all! :)
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,208
372
NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning :stosh: ! Nothing exciting going on today to speak of. It is my Friday, so that's a plus!! :thumb: Tomorrow I've got to go to the DMV and deal with some stupid sh!t so that kinda sucks. My wife bought a new vehical last March and rather than transfer the plates from her old Jetta to the Subaru, the dealership just registered the new car. So the other day I get a Reg. renewal notice for the Jetta and come to find out, the dealership never turned in our old plates and now have no idea where they are. :rolleyes: Anyone know if there is a charge/fee associated with "Lost" plates? Once I get that cleared up, its over to my parents to finish up their patio. Assuming I get everthing done in the A.M., I'm planning on riding tomorrow afternoon. Have a good day all! :)
Yeah when I bought my Xterra from the dealership I never recieved a permanent registration. I drove around for 6 months with a Temp. :)
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,208
372
NY
N8 said:
I filled up with gas last night... spent $20 for a little over 7 gallons of regular unleaded.
Who friggan cares?

Did your wife read you a bed time story too?
 

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
7,797
0
Portland, OR
stosh said:
Yeah when I bought my Xterra from the dealership I never recieved a permanent registration. I drove around for 6 months with a Temp. :)
Oh, we have a permenant reg. on the new car, they just never turned in the plates for the old one so now the state thinks I have 3 cars on the road. And they lost the plates they were supposed to turn in. I'm just afraid I'm going to get "dinged" for $$ for having "Lost" the old plates. Of course if I do, the sales Mgr. at the dealership will be picking up the bill and feeling my wrath!! :mumble:
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Yeah, I've been following that story as well Doug. Sucks!

Later, I am going to send Holiday Farms (Dalton) an email......give them a heads up, if they go with adrenaline again next year expect no one to show up.
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
mornin all

I took a nice 20 mile ride to the beach yesterday and did a little swimming/tanning and then another 20 to get back home... a little too humid for my taste but It was all good. today looks to be awesome out so I am hoping to get home early enough from work to ride some trails.
On my way home I saw this overweight kid on a brand-new bullitt. It was in trans blue and it really looked good.. so i stopped to talk to him. the bike had all the bells and whistles, with THE fenders etc... I started to talk to him and ask him where he rode etc... he told me the bike path down by the shore (paved). I asked him isnt that bike a bit much, and heavy to ride by the shore..??
he answers no.. this bike climbs really well.
so I say ohh you do take it off-road??
he says no and points to this little paved hill about 200ft in length

I had to bust out laughing.. priceless

then after that i run into a little chinese kid on a bmx bike.. and guess what the bike is called???? oriental :D


edit: can we stop with the damn gas price threads. since we all ride bikes lets talk about that
 

I Are Baboon

Run, Forrest, Run!
Aug 6, 2001
29,939
2,849
MTB New England
'Morning. I'm tired. Zzzzzzzz.....

We won our hockey game last night, so we're CHAMPS! WOO HOO! I am a little bummed because I won the most points and most assist titles, but someone actually snagged the trophies. DAMMIT! Oh well. MBC doesn't like the extra crap lying around the house anyway. :D
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,208
372
NY
McGRP01 said:
Oh, we have a permenant reg. on the new car, they just never turned in the plates for the old one so now the state thinks I have 3 cars on the road. And they lost the plates they were supposed to turn in. I'm just afraid I'm going to get "dinged" for $$ for having "Lost" the old plates. Of course if I do, the sales Mgr. at the dealership will be picking up the bill and feeling my wrath!! :mumble:
Yeah I would make sure to rage on the dealership....
Raging on any state run agency tends to have a negative effect.
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
38,950
5,631
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning. I'm tired. Zzzzzzzz.....

We won our hockey game last night, so we're CHAMPS! WOO HOO! I am a little bummed because I won the most points and most assist titles, but someone actually snagged the trophies. DAMMIT! Oh well. MBC doesn't like the extra crap lying around the house anyway. :D
Nice work! :thumb:
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,208
372
NY
hooples3 said:
mornin all

I took a nice 20 mile ride to the beach yesterday and did a little swimming/tanning and then another 20 to get back home... a little too humid for my taste but It was all good. today looks to be awesome out so I am hoping to get home early enough from work to ride some trails.
On my way home I saw this overweight kid on a brand-new bullitt. It was in trans blue and it really looked good.. so i stopped to talk to him. the bike had all the bells and whistles, with THE fenders etc... I started to talk to him and ask him where he rode etc... he told me the bike path down by the shore (paved). I asked him isnt that bike a bit much, and heavy to ride by the shore..??
he answers no.. this bike climbs really well.
so I say ohh you do take it off-road??
he says no and points to this little paved hill about 200ft in length

I had to bust out laughing.. priceless

then after that i run into a little chinese kid on a bmx bike.. and guess what the bike is called???? oriental :D


edit: can we stop with the damn gas price threads. since we all ride bikes lets talk about that
You're such and elitest!!!!


You gonna come up on the 10th?
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
stosh said:
You're such and elitest!!!!


You gonna come up on the 10th?
no sorry ... gotta stay strong for the century the next day... if i hadnt paid for it already i wouldnt go at all.. but i did
but.... later on in seot , early oct id love to come up with some friends one morning and do some riding or meet up somewhere else
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,208
372
NY
ROCKLAND said:
All paperwork final! I now own a %*%##ing house! Oh sh!t :eek:
Got $1000 back @ closing last night as well. :cool:
Sweet!!

When are we gonna see full pics!!!
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,208
372
NY
hooples3 said:
no sorry ... gotta stay strong for the century the next day... if i hadnt paid for it already i wouldnt go at all.. but i did
but.... later on in seot , early oct id love to come up with some friends one morning and do some riding or meet up somewhere else
Ok I understand! I was really hoping you and your wife could make it.
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Ok I understand! I was really hoping you and your wife could make it.
how far is the drive???maybe we can come for the fair. i dont think she is into mountain biking that much anymore
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning. I'm tired. Zzzzzzzz.....

We won our hockey game last night, so we're CHAMPS! WOO HOO! I am a little bummed because I won the most points and most assist titles, but someone actually snagged the trophies. DAMMIT! Oh well. MBC doesn't like the extra crap lying around the house anyway. :D

good job Baboon !
 

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
15,458
9
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - dropped my van off this morning - brakes are f'd up big time I think. I fear the worst and am preparing for a big bill which really doesn't bode to well for me right now. Fockin vehicles. :mumble:
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,208
372
NY
hooples3 said:
how far is the drive???maybe we can come for the fair. i dont think she is into mountain biking that much anymore
I was going to suggest maybe you and her could come up and the ladies could go to the fair while we ride. Then when we're done we'll all head back to do some drinking!!! :)
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,208
372
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - dropped my van off this morning - brakes are f'd up big time I think. I fear the worst and am preparing for a big bill which really doesn't bode to well for me right now. Fockin vehicles. :mumble:
Why couldn't you get rid of that thing again?
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
stosh said:
I was going to suggest maybe you and her could come up and the ladies could go to the fair while we ride. Then when we're done we'll all head back to do some drinking!!! :)
actually we can just make them cook for us too!!!!!

id feel bad cause im sure aubrey would rather ride.
how long does it take to get to you ???and whats the best route?
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,208
372
NY
hooples3 said:
actually we can just make them cook for us too!!!!!

id feel bad cause im sure aubrey would rather ride.
how long does it take to get to you ???and whats the best route?
I'm approx 1.5hrs from the GWB.

I'm not sure of the best way for you, when we go to NYC we always take 87 to the West Side highway.

How did you come up to Woodstock?
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
stosh said:
I'm approx 1.5hrs from the GWB.

I'm not sure of the best way for you, when we go to NYC we always take 87 to the West Side highway.

How did you come up to Woodstock?
that way but in reverse

edit.. what exit are you????
 

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
24,638
26
behind the viewfinder
my buddy from CA was in town, putting cash down on a house in falmouth. he stayed over and we had a feast of roasted halibut, salad, sauteed spinach and white bean salad.