Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I spent the day yesterday out in the field, sorry I couldn't be here. :)

SO what's everybody got planned for the weekend?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Morning all, got on my bike about 7 pm last night, and rode til about 10...I cant get enough of riding with my new HID light, totally blows away all the other guys dual beam systems they are running.

This weekend is still up in the air, might stick around pittsburgh...might go down to snowshoe to hit the bike park.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I had a pretty kick ass hockey game last night. We routed the other team 9-1 and I had four goals. I was just dialed in. I could have scored seven or eight, but their goalie made some really good saves on me.

Anyway, I'm taking tomorrow off and we head to Kingdom Trails in the afternoon. :)

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning folks. Not quite sure what I'll do this weekend, hopefully go up and ride some DH at Keystone. :D And of course, do homework :(

I think I might start trying to build my AC up for 4x and DJ or something, not too sure where that idea will go...

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I am doing well. Day will be filled with classes and homework as usual.

Unfortunately the team we were supposed to play this week gave us a forfeit win, so we are now 4-1. Good enough for 15th place in our division. All we need are a couple more wins, with a loss thrown in there at some point, and we will either make the playoffs, or get bumped up a division depending on how everyone else finishes as well.

As for this weekend, I am heading over to my brother's place Friday night. He is supposedly having a few people over for a mini party, so I will be there Friday night. Jiminy Peak Saturday, anyone else going to be there? I'll be on a yellow Bullit with a Monster, come say hi.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I had yesterday off and it was gorgeous out all day

Had line-x (spray in) bedliner installed in my truck - looks awesome! then, I went home & took a nap, then up to thatcher park and did some xc, came home took another nap (this time by my pool), and then bombers take out for dinner (yummy!)

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Morning! Had an "I'm a civilian now" party last night with an old navy friend. Good times, we drank, he cried, it was fun.

Might be going to stewart to ride with Stosh this weekend. Or I may stay fairly local, still working on details.

Bumped my roommates car with my car last night, and my bike on the back of my car. So my front wheel is a little bent. Now is that something I can fix on a truing stand? or do I need a new wheel? It's one small part of the wheel and it's off about 1/4 or 1/2 inch from the rest of the wheel?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Crazy Sweeper said:
Morning! Had an "I'm a civilian now" party last night with an old navy friend. Good times, we drank, he cried, it was fun.

Might be going to stewart to ride with Stosh this weekend. Or I may stay fairly local, still working on details.

Bumped my roommates car with my car last night, and my bike on the back of my car. So my front wheel is a little bent. Now is that something I can fix on a truing stand? or do I need a new wheel? It's one small part of the wheel and it's off about 1/4 or 1/2 inch from the rest of the wheel?
you run discs, correct?? (wheels dont need to be perfect - compared to if you ran rim brakes)

even w/o a stand you should be able to make it rideable....

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:
Anyway, I'm taking tomorrow off and we head to Kingdom Trails in the afternoon. :)

the weekend has started for me!!! Off today ! Off tommorow , head up to Kingdom trails tommorow after noon , and Then I have monday off too!!!

IAB take monday off also !!!

Going for a ride in a little with My Mudhunney , then Have the Evening ride at 6:30 , but going to do pre ride at 5:15

ride ride ride

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Morning everyone!!

Had a second level interview for the Job I want yesterday. I thought it went great. I was told afterwards, off the record, that I was the leading candidate, and they would hire me on the spot if they could, but they have complete the official process. So It looks like I'll be probably be changing jobs soon, probably about the end of the month.

Leaving for Tour of the White Mountains tomorrow morning, race is on Saturday but the wife unit and daughter are coming along and we'll be staying in a cabin so it should be pretty relaxed and vacation like.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi there!

The week is going sloooow. We've reached the point in the year where the summer building boom has passed and things are kind of in a lull right now. Happens usually twice a year....around Jan/Feb during the rainy winter and the end of summer right as the kids go back to school. We should be up and hammering again in a couple of weeks, but until then it's slim pickings and a lot of shop cleaning(and a lot of Ridemonkey time, yea!).

I installed my first headset yesterday. No fancy Park tool, just a threaded rod, nuts and some big washers. Went in perfect with not a problem at all. I was kind of impressed with myself as I'm usually quite the hamfisted mechanic, but this was some of my finest work. With gas the way it is, and the price of a shop install, it would have come out roughly to be around 30-40 bucks out of my wallet to get it done cause my LBS isn't very local for me---more like a 40 mile round trip. It was worth it for me to suck it up and take the plunge myself. Cost me nothing. I like that. My handlebars, stem and Stan's tubeless should be in today, so I'm getting really close to completion. Can't wait.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
douglas said:
you run discs, correct?? (wheels dont need to be perfect - compared to if you ran rim brakes)

even w/o a stand you should be able to make it rideable....
Yeah, I tried it around the yard, and I can barely tell its off, but it's visibly noticeable.

Oh yeah, also won some hayes HFX-9s last night on ebay. Gonna put those on the haro, and use the old haro brakes on my SS. Pics of the SS on Monday.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
morning all!!!!

ran some errands yesterday and brought my jeep to a friends house to start doing some work to it, luckily he is a mechanic or else id be screwed.. but I guess learning is a process.
this weekend i will be doing my first century so I am taking it easy until them.. im starting to get anxious for it to get here already

stosh.. i just have to ask.. what did u think my wife looked like???

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Reactor said:
Morning everyone!!

Had a second level interview for the Job I want yesterday. I thought it went great. I was told afterwards, off the record, that I was the leading candidate, and they would hire me on the spot if they could, but they have complete the official process. So It looks like I'll be probably be changing jobs soon, probably about the end of the month.

Leaving for Tour of the White Mountains tomorrow morning, race is on Saturday but the wife unit and daughter are coming along and we'll be staying in a cabin so it should be pretty relaxed and vacation like.
awesome... hope all works out for you

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
morning all!!!!

ran some errands yesterday and brought my jeep to a friends house to start doing some work to it, luckily he is a mechanic or else id be screwed.. but I guess learning is a process.
this weekend i will be doing my first century so I am taking it easy until them.. im starting to get anxious for it to get here already

stosh.. i just have to ask.. what did u think my wife looked like???
I expected her to be a large italian woman w/ lots of gold jewlery.... don't ask me why.....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - took the Surly out last night for it's first ride. I was able to ride tough sections easier on the Surly due to the difference in geometry from the Ted Wojcik - that was fun. The Cane Creek wheels I have on the bike are really stiff and strong, but the hub is slower to engage than my DT Swiss Onyx on my other wheelset - I guess there are tradeoffs with everything and I'll get used to the Cane Creeks. I had one pinch flat too, but that was easily repaired. It was funny in one 200 yard section of trail there were three of us fixing flats last night!!

All in all it was a fun ride and the bike performed really well. I may change my handlebar height/position a bit - but not positive yet.

Wishing today was Friday. Looking forward to the weekend in VT!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - took the Surly out last night for it's first ride. I was able to ride tough sections easier on the Surly due to the difference in geometry from the Ted Wojcik - that was fun. The Cane Creek wheels I have on the bike are really stiff and strong, but the hub is slower to engage than my DT Swiss Onyx on my other wheelset - I guess there are tradeoffs with everything and I'll get used to the Cane Creeks. I had one pinch flat too, but that was easily repaired. It was funny in one 200 yard section of trail there were three of us fixing flats last night!!

All in all it was a fun ride and the bike performed really well. I may change my handlebar height/position a bit - but not positive yet.

Wishing today was Friday. Looking forward to the weekend in VT!!!
Did you post pics of the bike or something?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
douglas said:
I had yesterday off and it was gorgeous out all day

Had line-x (spray in) bedliner installed in my truck - looks awesome! then, I went home & took a nap, then up to thatcher park and did some xc, came home took another nap (this time by my pool), and then bombers take out for dinner (yummy!)
There's riding in Thatcher Park?? Where?

And Bombers ROCKS! Best burritos anywhere and Magic Hat on tap :thumb:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
I expected her to be a large italian woman w/ lots of gold jewlery.... don't ask me why.....
lol that is hysterical... i have to tell her that !!!
there is a pic of us on the loung post your pic sticky if your really interested

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
lol that is hysterical... i have to tell her that !!!
there is a pic of us on the loung post your pic sticky if your really interested
Ok I'll have to look.
Devon was asking if you were coming up to ride with us. When I told her you weren't she started to cry...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning everyone. I sucked it up and took my MB out on the road last night to explore the area around my new apartment. It's gorgeous back roads with hardly any cars and I had a great time! And just when I was getting in the mode of "road riding is fun. I should get a road bike," I discovered 52 acres of state land less than 2 miles from my house. Best of all, there's a narrow dirt fire road that cuts through and has lots of rock gardens and such to hop. What a great find! :thumb: I can't wait to explore it some more.

Stosh, did you want to ride later or just wait till Sat.?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Day #2 with students here and it seems to be going well. I have a bunch of recruiting to do today and am meeting with some of my building principals, but other than that...not too much going on. Night riding tonight with Sq-Earl and some SMBA members so that should be fun as well.
Oh, and I think we may have picked out a crib for the baby. It's harder than you'd expect and they're rather expensive. I guess the expercts are right when they tell you how expensive kids are ;)

Reactor - congrats on the job! :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Morning everyone. I sucked it up and took my MB out on the road last night to explore the area around my new apartment. It's gorgeous back roads with hardly any cars and I had a great time! And just when I was getting in the mode of "road riding is fun. I should get a road bike," I discovered 52 acres of state land less than 2 miles from my house. Best of all, there's a narrow dirt fire road that cuts through and has lots of rock gardens and such to hop. What a great find! :thumb: I can't wait to explore it some more.

Stosh, did you want to ride later or just wait till Sat.?
check your PM's

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bluebug32 said:
There's riding in Thatcher Park?? Where?

And Bombers ROCKS! Best burritos anywhere and Magic Hat on tap :thumb:
yup, but its mostly double track

from albany, pass the overlook parking area, then go to the 1st area/parking lot on the left. There is a closed road that goes up from there w/a bunch of trails off that. One of the trails is the "Long trail" that goes to NYC but is actually closed due to logging :mumble:

and you are correct, bombers does ROCK! (happy hour EVERYDAY 11a-8pm w/$2 drafts & 30 or so beers on tap)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Crazy Sweeper said:
Yeah, I tried it around the yard, and I can barely tell its off, but it's visibly noticeable.

Oh yeah, also won some hayes HFX-9s last night on ebay. Gonna put those on the haro, and use the old haro brakes on my SS. Pics of the SS on Monday.
If it is just a little bit of wobble I wouldn't worry about it. My Trailpimp probably has about 1" of side to side total wobble. Rim is bent, I don't think trueing could do much for it. Being too poor I cannot afford to buy a new wheel at this point in time, but for the 2 weeks or so that I have ridden it, it has held up.