Quantcast

~~~Good Thursday Morning~~~

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
Morning people.....

Not much going on today. Went for a little ride last night just to let out some steam. I have a rehearsal dinner tonight for my sister-in-law so no riding .. and then the wedding sat. so no riding. I guess I will have to take off of work tommorow so I can ride
 

I Are Baboon

Run, Forrest, Run!
Aug 6, 2001
30,048
3,041
MTB New England
'Morning yo.

Had a hockey game last night. We won 6-1 and I scored four goals for the second straight game. :eek: I don't know WTF has gotten into me.
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning yo.

Had a hockey game last night. We won 6-1 and I scored four goals for the second straight game. :eek: I don't know WTF has gotten into me.
nice job!!!!! what pos you play????
 

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
5,060
357
Alamance County, NC
It's morning....but not so sure about the "good" part.

Been struggling with insomnia for about two weeks now. Last night was like an eternity. Slept almost two whole hours....woohoo. :eviltongu

It's starting to take its toll on my brain and my body. Feel like a zombie. I don't know what's wrong with me. Stress? Physical? Mental? I dunno, but my wife told me I look like hell here lately. Can't for the life of me figure out why I can't seem to close my eyes and relax. I have to be up very early every morning to open the office up and get everything in order for the day, so I can't really afford to go the sleeping pill route and risk missing my alarm. The reprecussions of not opening up on time is my ass in deep doo-doo. The whole day feels like a movie I'm watching through someone else's eyes.......so funky.

Anyone ever had this problem? What did you do about it?
 

splat

Nam I am
Morning !

Had a Hell ride last night , at least the start of one. I rode my Bike home from work, put my road bike in the garage and threw my Mt bike in the car , and drove over to the blackstone canal. as I drove over ther eI remebered my one cleat had come loose. so while at a stop light I get out hte allen wrench and tried to tighten it , the cleat moved freeley but the bolts were frozen. well when I got to the parking I was getting ready I asked IF_rider if he could tighten them up while I got ready (I was running a couple minutes late so they were waiting on me). He stuggled and got the one to tighten up but the other , just wouldn't budge. he said it might break , I told him no worry if it did , Well it did. SO I just said I'd ride with it that way.
well we took off and IF_rider was on his IF single speed, and man he was flyining on it , we went up and over goat hill, and throught the sewer treatment plant , we had just crossed the tracks and dropped onto some single track when Crack! I snapped my Seatpost bolt. Wel There was no spare bolt to be found so at this point I turned around and went back ( a slightly longer way ) but when I got back after 25 minutes of pedalling standing up the whole time my legs were tired. so that was my night last night


This morning the forcast was calling for rain. well it wasn't raining when I got up So I grab my road Bike and off to work I go. had a great ride. I hit the big down hill with perfect timing and was able to grab the draft of an SUV going down it at 50+ MPH ( Once we hit the flat I had to peal off at 53 MPH ) IU love it when First they lkook in ther rear view and do a double take when they see you , adjust the mirror and finally actually turn around and look. I shortly ther eafter caught another rider and past him, and I would only relize later he actually was behind me but losing ground for about the next 10 miles. also Passed a DWI rider, those are always funny. any way I made it to the office before the rain hit ( it is raining now ) hope fully it will clear by the time to ride home , else I get wet.
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning yo.

Had a hockey game last night. We won 6-1 and I scored four goals for the second straight game. :eek: I don't know WTF has gotten into me.

nice!

1st night of indoor vball last night, we won 3 of 4 ! I did a damn good job of recruiting 2 new females setters :D And damn I thought the one was hot before, after seeing her all glistening (chicks dont sweat, right?) Holy god damn, a cold shower was needed for Dalton Doug

stosh\
pics?
/stosh


NOT !
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
Greyhound said:
It's morning....but not so sure about the "good" part.

Been struggling with insomnia for about two weeks now. Last night was like an eternity. Slept almost two whole hours....woohoo. :eviltongu

It's starting to take its toll on my brain and my body. Feel like a zombie. I don't know what's wrong with me. Stress? Physical? Mental? I dunno, but my wife told me I look like hell here lately. Can't for the life of me figure out why I can't seem to close my eyes and relax. I have to be up very early every morning to open the office up and get everything in order for the day, so I can't really afford to go the sleeping pill route and risk missing my alarm. The reprecussions of not opening up on time is my ass in deep doo-doo. The whole day feels like a movie I'm watching through someone else's eyes.......so funky.

Anyone ever had this problem? What did you do about it?

try a half dose (sleeping pill) like 9 hours before you alarm is set for

if still no sleep, next day try the full dose
 

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
7,797
0
Portland, OR
I did nothing last night and there is plenty more nothing on tap for tonight. I did have a dream about biking though. Guess that'll have to get me through to the weekend.
 

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
3,978
1
Chandler, AZ, USA
Greyhound said:
It's morning....but not so sure about the "good" part.

Been struggling with insomnia for about two weeks now. Last night was like an eternity. Slept almost two whole hours....woohoo. :eviltongu

It's starting to take its toll on my brain and my body. Feel like a zombie. I don't know what's wrong with me. Stress? Physical? Mental? I dunno, but my wife told me I look like hell here lately. Can't for the life of me figure out why I can't seem to close my eyes and relax. I have to be up very early every morning to open the office up and get everything in order for the day, so I can't really afford to go the sleeping pill route and risk missing my alarm. The reprecussions of not opening up on time is my ass in deep doo-doo. The whole day feels like a movie I'm watching through someone else's eyes.......so funky.

Anyone ever had this problem? What did you do about it?

Wow. That sounds ruff, I had a problem like that for a few months ago. For several months, it got so bad I would come home and collapse. If the sleeping pill doesn't work see your doctor, he can prescribe some better sleeping pills. It could also be the sign of another problem, like depression.
 

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
5,060
357
Alamance County, NC
douglas said:
try a half dose (sleeping pill) like 9 hours before you alarm is set for

if still no sleep, next day try the full dose
What? .....And miss all those wonderful infomercials at 3am? Just ordered my Salad Shooter and I hear they're running a Laverne and Shirley marathon tonight starting at 1. :thumb:



Seriously, I hear what you're saying. And I understand.......I'm just deathly afraid of what's gonna happen to me if my boss shows up and there's 20 employees waiting outside the gate cause I'm at home getting some beauty rest. There's some other factors at work here as well. My mom(bless here heart) just had some serious surgery and I've been helping her out after work, so I'm really not getting home after all is said and done until around 10pm some days. Not every day, but most.....so trying to get to bed earlier is really difficult. I'm hearing ya, and I would be more than willing to take that route, but the logistics are tough. I think I'm just stretching myself too thin and am just stressed......need to tell everyone to hang on for a day or two while I try and pull myself together.
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
Greyhound said:
What? .....And miss all those wonderful infomercials at 3am? Just ordered my Salad Shooter and I hear they're running a Laverne and Shirley marathon tonight starting at 1. :thumb:



Seriously, I hear what you're saying. And I understand.......I'm just deathly afraid of what's gonna happen to me if my boss shows up and there's 20 employees waiting outside the gate cause I'm at home getting some beauty rest. There's some other factors at work here as well. My mom(bless here heart) just had some serious surgery and I've been helping her out after work, so I'm really not getting home after all is said and done until around 10pm some days. Not every day, but most.....so trying to get to bed earlier is really difficult. I'm hearing ya, and I would be more than willing to take that route, but the logistics are tough. I think I'm just stretching myself too thin and am just stressed......need to tell everyone to hang on for a day or two while I try and pull myself together.
sounds like that concern (being late to work) is adding to your stress!

lots of stress = no sleep

and I didnt mean take the sleeping pill, and immediately go to bed....chill/relax for an hour or two, whatever makes your mind numb be it tv or cleaning your bike......

I also heard if you make a written list of your issues before bedtime, and say ok I'll deal with that stuff tomorrow it supposedly helps
 

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
5,060
357
Alamance County, NC
Reactor said:
It could also be the sign of another problem, like depression.
God....I hope not. I love life too much to be depressed. I'm a pretty happy-go-lucky dude, so I hope that isn't the case. You're right though.....I probably need to get checked out by the doc and see if there's something he can prescribe. I don't do well with pills...they make me really groggy, and I need to be on my game first thing in the morning. Is there anything out there that doesn't make you real sluggish after you wake up?
 
J

JRB

Guest
Good morning. I worked on bikes and kind of watched Sin City. The bikes were better.
 

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
3,075
0
Broomfield, CO
Doing pretty well. Changed out the tube in my front tire last night due to one of those just sitting there flats. But this wasn't any old pinch flat, there was a 3" gash in the tube. How the hell that happened the world might never know. Oh well, off to the LBS I go now.

Classes, work and gym the rest of the day.
 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
16,689
472
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Had a snowmobile club meeting last night....I am always amazed at the amount of stuff we get through in a half hour meeting (especially since there are only 2 officers who have a clue and are organized...the other two just talk about whatever pops into their head). Tonight I am hoping to spin for a little while (either on or off the trails...depending on the weather) and get some laundry done.

Greyhound...Definitely try to relax some before you go to sleep (whether it's with or without a sleep aid). If you have 8 hours to sleep then you shouldn't wake up groggy from the sleep aid and it does take a little while (probably 30-60 minutes) to kick in. Good luck! Also, I have tried the "things to do" list next to the bed (there's one on my nightstand right now) as I will wake up thinking of things that I forgot to do or have to do and that's one way to ease my mind and get me back to sleep.
 

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
McGRP01 said:
Link doesn't work.
Hmmm....I'll just post the pics. again here then.

I finally got my first road bike. It's an entry level Iron Horse.

It arrived like this:



And I turned it into this:


It still need some tweaking and adjusting (saddle, drop bars), but I was pretty impressed that I assembled it myself. So, I'll give road riding a shot and hopefully it'll make me a stronger mountain biker
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
Rip said:
Morning all. Been raining on and off here.

Yesterday's ride was a definate adventure. Round Valley is a bit scary when it's loose and dusty.
lol yeah it is .. but that step section could be a lot of fun!!!!!

did those climbs at the start get any smaller yet???
 
Aug 2, 2005
222
0
The Island
Mornin'

No riding for me last night. I did get a bit of fishing in though.
No Stripers....Just some undersized blues and a few dogfish. I'm planning on getting some serious riding in this weekend along with a bit of fishing. hopefully things will work out.
 

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
5,060
357
Alamance County, NC
TreeSaw said:
Morning!
Greyhound...Definitely try to relax some before you go to sleep (whether it's with or without a sleep aid). If you have 8 hours to sleep then you shouldn't wake up groggy from the sleep aid and it does take a little while (probably 30-60 minutes) to kick in. Good luck! Also, I have tried the "things to do" list next to the bed (there's one on my nightstand right now) as I will wake up thinking of things that I forgot to do or have to do and that's one way to ease my mind and get me back to sleep.

Thanks for all the help, monkeys!! I'm going to give all these suggestions the Pepsi challenge and see what works. I'm pretty sure it's just stress-related, and as soon as I find the right combination, things will be back to normal. I'm going to make an appointment with the doc today to see what's up(what's up, doc? -->Bugs Bunny funny there). Y'all have a good day.
 

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
10,167
728
Bend, Oregon
Congrats on the new bike! I'd set a level on that saddle and make sure it's completely flat. ENJOY!
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,208
372
NY
WHY THE F' do bike companies use 7mm bolts... thats the only size cap screw that hardware stores carry.
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,208
372
NY
robdamanii said:
Howdy howdy.

Biochem and gross 1 this morning, I just purchased myself a roadbike, and only one class left today. I'm actually happy today.
so you finally got a road bike huh... NICE! What kind?
 

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
10,681
0
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
so you finally got a road bike huh... NICE! What kind?
Fuji. Bought it used online though, so it's not new.

Tiagra shifters, 105 rear derailleur, sora front derailleur, Look clipless, an Aerobar (soon to be removed) and the sora parts that were replaced by the tiagra/105 stuff.

Nifty 500 bucks. And the aerobar and sora stuff, along with the looks, go straight for sale.