Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I have all my stuff packed up so I can squeeze a ride in after work. Problem is I forgot my camelbak... and I don't have a water bottle or a cage.... I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I guess I could buy a cage for a couple $'s at the LBS here in town.. and it may be cheaper to buy a bottle of water than a water bottle..... oh well I have all day to figure it out.

Hope ya all have a great day!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Good morning everyone...

at the end of the day yesterday i found out I GOT THE JOB that i have been interviewing for, for the past 2.5 months!

so stoked, i have to give my current boss the 2 weeks today.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
yo, you can survive w/o water for 45 min's
(or just duct tape a pint of water to your helmet, and get a long straw)

I think I found the perfect place (well, event) to meet chicks

http://www.albanyraceforthecure.com/

last year 1150 females ran compared to 375 guys......but I only have 10 days to train and I have only ran once (yesterday) in 4-5 months. Hmmm, I could volunteer instead, maybe at the water handout, put my digits on the cups and just hand them out to the cute chicks :love:

LOL

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

I have all my stuff packed up so I can squeeze a ride in after work. Problem is I forgot my camelbak... and I don't have a water bottle or a cage.... I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I guess I could buy a cage for a couple $'s at the LBS here in town.. and it may be cheaper to buy a bottle of water than a water bottle..... oh well I have all day to figure it out.

Hope ya all have a great day!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
yo, you can survive w/o water for 45 min's
(or just duct tape a pint of water to your helmet, and get a long straw)

I think I found the perfect place (well, event) to meet chicks

http://www.albanyraceforthecure.com/

last year 1150 females ran compared to 375 guys......but I only have 10 days to train and I have only ran once (yesterday) in 4-5 months. Hmmm, I could volunteer instead, maybe at the water handout, put my digits on the cups and just hand them out to the cute chicks :love:

LOL
So is that why you ride a bike... to meet chicks?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Had that statics test I have been talking about for a while last night. Unlike the rest of the people there, I was fairly confident that I did well on it. Explained everything to the fullest and in the end everything that I had made perfect sense. We will see when they come back sometime next week.

Got out and rode some more street last night. My triceps were still rubbery from the gym earlier, so I could not really bunnyhop or do anything involving picking up the rear wheel that high. I just sorta sat there and practiced track stands, pivoting, and fakie roll outs.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Liar.....
:stosh:

dude, the female to male ratio is really low when it comes to biking, the last race I did there were 5 women and around 100 guys...PLUS most women that ride got into riding cause the BF/husband rides.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yo -

had a sweet night last night. the PM on my current project rented a catamaran and we sailed out of newburyport. hit the black cow for a pre-board beer, then hopped on board, sailed out of the merrimack, and into the ocean. the weather was phenomenal, good chat w/ co-workers, and a very impressive orange moonrise and blanket of stars for nightsky viewing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:

dude, the female to male ratio is really low when it comes to biking, the last race I did there were 5 women and around 100 guys...PLUS most women that ride got into riding cause the BF/husband rides.
Ha, dude I'm totally messing with you.

Just because you ride your bike to pick up chicks doesn't mean you have to get mad at me.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
yo -

had a sweet night last night. the PM on my current project rented a catamaran and we sailed out of newburyport. hit the black cow for a pre-board beer, then hopped on board, sailed out of the merrimack, and into the ocean. the weather was phenomenal, good chat w/ co-workers, and a very impressive orange moonrise and blanket of stars for nightsky viewing.
I love that town name, it's like the person who thought of it was like "Hey lets take all the prefixes and suffixes from the towns in the CT and MA and put them together and what do we get New_Bury_Port"

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Good morning everyone...

at the end of the day yesterday i found out I GOT THE JOB that i have been interviewing for, for the past 2.5 months!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexcellent! Congratulations! I am actually waiting to hear back from an interview I had a few weeks ago in the Bay Area.

The Cheese

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
I love that town name, it's like the person who thought of it was like "Hey lets take all the prefixes and suffixes from the towns in the CT and MA and put them together and what do we get New_Bury_Port"

trivia question -

what town name is in each of the 6 new england states?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuzyCreamcheese said:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexcellent! Congratulations! I am actually waiting to hear back from an interview I had a few weeks ago in the Bay Area.

The Cheese

OMGHI2U

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
trivia question -

what town name is in each of the 6 new england states?
wait, what are the 6 New England states?

VT
CT
MA
RI
ME
NH

Is that correct?
I have no idea what town is in all 6 of them.
Manchester?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i don't believe there's a manchester RI.

there are 6 NE states, stosh you got it right.

this was a question which i pondered for a long time, and finally got what i think is a correct answer (there may be more than one right answer) while driving to jiminy peak a while ago.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
i don't believe there's a manchester RI.

there are 6 NE states, stosh you got it right.

this was a question which i pondered for a long time, and finally got what i think is a correct answer (there may be more than one right answer) while driving to jiminy peak a while ago.
You sucks at giving answers.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Good morning everyone...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's awesome, man. They certainly ran you through the gauntlet on this one. Here's to ya!! :cool:

My morning is going OK.....had the whole work week lined up perfect. Everything on schedule, gonna be off a little early on Friday.....but then, the man came in and shut that dream down in a matter of minutes. Several jobs came in that just had to go out by weeks end, so we've got our noses to the grindstone to make it work. Sour looks on the guys faces let me know I wasn't the most popular guy on the floor today........they always shoot the messenger, don't they? :devil:

Gotta give some ups to good things: "Lost" ---- I'm now hooked. Fresh tuna steaks on the grill with pico de gayo---I was stuffed. Yellow Tail Cabernet --- I was buzzed. :heart:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Greyhound said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's awesome, man. They certainly ran you through the gauntlet on this one. Here's to ya!! :cool:

My morning is going OK.....had the whole work week lined up perfect. Everything on schedule, gonna be off a little early on Friday.....but then, the man came in and shut that dream down in a matter of minutes. Several jobs came in that just had to go out by weeks end, so we've got our noses to the grindstone to make it work. Sour looks on the guys faces let me know I wasn't the most popular guy on the floor today........they always shoot the messenger, don't they? :devil:

Gotta give some ups to good things: "Lost" ---- I'm now hooked. Fresh tuna steaks on the grill with pico de gayo---I was stuffed. Yellow Tail Cabernet --- I was buzzed. :heart:
thanks guys im super stoked, i will be working for American Eagle's CorporateHeadquarters here In pgh as a supply chain technologies manager...can you say t shirt and jeans every day...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
nicely done, and not even the answer i was looking for.

i was thinking bristol (and greenwich also works, although it's under the quabbin resy in MA).

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
douglas said:

PLUS most women that ride got into riding cause the BF/husband rides.
It was actually the other way around for Rob and me. He was completely obsessed with paintball when I met him. It wasn't my thing and I finally convinced him to try riding. Now he love it and I don't have to worry about him coming home dotted with purple welts anymore
:p

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Anyway, goodmorning monkeys. I had a busy day yesterday. After work I went down to the city to meet up with an old friend from college who's now an editor for a major men's fitness/lifestyle mag. He's taking on a few side projects and wants me to do some freelance writing for him and I was helping him think of new ideas to relaunch the magazine. It'll be great to have some national clips to add to my portfolio!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Anyway, goodmorning monkeys. I had a busy day yesterday. After work I went down to the city to meet up with an old friend from college who's now an editor for a major men's fitness/lifestyle mag. He's taking on a few side projects and wants me to do some freelance writing for him and I was helping him think of new ideas to relaunch the magazine. It'll be great to have some national clips to add to my portfolio!
Wait did you go down to NYC?