Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had an awesome day at the gym last night. I can't wait to learn how to use the different machines. I felt like an idiot because I didn't know what to do. Some of them I was using backwards. :)
Oh does there tend to be a lot of naked men walking around the locker rooms where you go?

Anyway have a great day!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I am in :love: w/the new cute blonde chick on my volleyball team...we both like/love: volleyball(duh), blue moon beer, working out, doing 5K's, Bombers buritto bar - I think we could live happily ever after...........well, if it wasn't for her husband :mumble:

not may naked dudes at my gym, but at my previous gym there was always old naked dudes in the locker room. ick

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
That is super cool about your time at the Y stosh :), well, not the nekkid dudes part. Keep it up, remember consistency is key :rolleyes: I'm off to the Y right now for a 5:30a spin class :eviltongu

Have a good day :)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Wow....early with the GMT. Good on ya, man!!

Had a meeting last night for our local cycling club. Got a lot figured out including some work days and some "intro to freeriding" demos at the trails to help get some people who are interested in developing their skills a little more towards the more creative side of riding started along. Came home and caught the last few minutes of "Lost" and fell asleep on the couch a little later. Too many tall-boy Pabst's at the bar earlier I believe was the culprit. Tonight is pizza and beer night---my favorite night of the week. Gonna order my front brake today---the final piece of the puzzle to getting my Preston built up. Looking forward to getting on the trails---I'm getting a bit pudgy around the middle I believe.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Went on a ride yesterday. Had a scary moment as my friend went OTB over a drop. He didn't answer when I yelled to him. Found him on the ground moaning. Everything turned out to be ok, he was just sore and had scrapes on the side of his face. Also severed his rear brake line effectively ending the ride.

And now I am going to go golfing. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
I am in :love: w/the new cute blonde chick on my volleyball team...we both like/love: volleyball(duh), blue moon beer, working out, doing 5K's, Bombers buritto bar - I think we could live happily ever after...........well, if it wasn't for her husband :mumble:

not may naked dudes at my gym, but at my previous gym there was always old naked dudes in the locker room. ick
Pics?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all! Another slow night last night. Hung out, ate dinner, watched LOST... Work today, and then I'm off for the next 4. Tomorrow I'm gonna go for a ride and then try to finish the build on my new Azonic. Yomorrow night I gotta pack for my trip to Diablo. Leaving 7am Sat. morning....can't freakin' wait!! :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My brother failed to warn me that our neighbor likes traipsing around his yard in his bananna hammock when the weather is warm.

I go out to my car and there he is, hosing off his drive way. In my head I was screaming "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, COVER UP!!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!".

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Snacks said:
That is super cool about your time at the Y stosh :), well, not the nekkid dudes part. Keep it up, remember consistency is key :rolleyes: I'm off to the Y right now for a 5:30a spin class :eviltongu

Have a good day :)
I'll be joining the spin class on Monday nights for beginners. I have an odd feeling that I should have no problem with the spin class and may move up to intermediate class.

Also I was surprized to see that most of the cardio machines have very low resistance. I thought you were supposed to get a work out.

Also I shot hoops for a few minutes with Aubrey.... I haven't dribbled a basketball in YEARS... it felt good.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
stevew said:
My brother failed to warn me that our neighbor likes traipsing around his yard in his bananna hammock when the weather is warm.

I go out to my car and there he is, hosing off his drive way. In my head I was screaming "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, COVER UP!!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!".
I'm not really sure how that type of dress is legal.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning all....

glad to see your getting into the gym stosh

not too much going on here .. another long day ahead at work .. I m not looking forward to it.. actually i m dreading hte next few days...
today & friday working 5- 5pm
sat day I told my LBS I would help her in the store all day.
Sunday 12am - 9 am I have to work for a special jonb they are doing on the FDR ( so no one drive there that early in the morning

sunday 10 am - 6pm .. more work in the bike shop to help her out

sunday night 7pm .. get my ass back to my real job.. I have to go on nights for another 2 weeks to fill in for someone who had shoulder surgery

ooh and find sometime to sleep a little.. should be interesting

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
good morning all....

glad to see your getting into the gym stosh

not too much going on here .. another long day ahead at work .. I m not looking forward to it.. actually i m dreading hte next few days...
today & friday working 5- 5pm
sat day I told my LBS I would help her in the store all day.
Sunday 12am - 9 am I have to work for a special jonb they are doing on the FDR ( so no one drive there that early in the morning

sunday 10 am - 6pm .. more work in the bike shop to help her out

sunday night 7pm .. get my ass back to my real job.. I have to go on nights for another 2 weeks to fill in for someone who had shoulder surgery

ooh and find sometime to sleep a little.. should be interesting
So how exactly are you going to help out the bike shop?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
stosh said:
I'm not really sure how that type of dress is legal.
Coverage was adequate. But I didn't ask for a runway walk. :)

I just had the mental image of Kramer in his underwear from Seinfeld when I saw him.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Oh I'm going to Ikea tonight.
We're buying our office manager a bed for her daughter. She's a single mom and just bought her first condo and has NOTHING. So a bunch of us in the office chipped in to buy her daughter a cool bunk bed thing with the desk under it.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Glad you're having fun at the Y, Stosh. Which one do you go to? I think they just redid the Poughkeepsie one and it has a climbing wall now too (those are great!).

I've been busy with work and the freelance work lately. I just found out that my editor really liked my article and wants to give it more space making it a 2-page spread! Maybe enough of these stories will equal a nice new bikey next year :think:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
We're buying our office manager a bed for her daughter. She's a single mom and just bought her first condo and has NOTHING. So a bunch of us in the office chipped in to buy her daughter a cool bunk bed thing with the desk under it.
Where's the nearest Ikea? Jersey?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Glad you're having fun at the Y, Stosh. Which one do you go to? I think they just redid the Poughkeepsie one and it has a climbing wall now too (those are great!).

I've been busy with work and the freelance work lately. I just found out that my editor really liked my article and wants to give it more space making it a 2-page spread! Maybe enough of these stories will equal a nice new bikey next year :think:
Wow thats awesome! I'll have to pick up a copy when it comes out!!

Nearest Ikea is in Paramus NJ.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
that is pretty nice of all of you

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
That's not far from the NY border, right? I've never actually been to Ikea. I think I'm the only one! I think it'd be dangerous though because I'd walk out with so much stuff!

Thats the problem with anybody who goes to Ikea.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
that is pretty nice of all of you
Yeah well she's been good to us and she broke up with her long time boyfriend and had to move out of his house and has nothing. So the 2 other guys who work here helped chip in so it's not to bad. Still gonna cost about 150 each but she takes care of all of us here.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Yeah well she's been good to us and she broke up with her long time boyfriend and had to move out of his house and has nothing. So the 2 other guys who work here helped chip in so it's not to bad. Still gonna cost about 150 each but she takes care of all of us here.
its well worth it

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
I'll be joining the spin class on Monday nights for beginners. I have an odd feeling that I should have no problem with the spin class and may move up to intermediate class.
Well...prepare to be surprised. The intensity shouldnt be an issue, but the strange fit of those spin bikes, the wide saddle, and the weighted flywheel/fixed gear set up makes the spin thing hard to get used to for a typical freewheelin' biker.
On my first try, I managed to nearly tip the bike, and I tore a strap on the pedal. :help: :eek:
It's different, but you can adapt.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
its well worth it
Yeah she's the one who fills out our checks.

I'm wondering what my office is going to do for me and Aubrey when we get married. This is like my extended family here. There is only 4 full time employees here.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
That's so nice of you to do that, Stosh :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mackie said:
Well...prepare to be surprised. The intensity shouldnt be an issue, but the strange fit of those spin bikes, the wide saddle, and the weighted flywheel/fixed gear set up makes the spin thing hard to get used to for a typical freewheelin' biker.
On my first try, I managed to nearly tip the bike, and I tore a strap on the pedal. :help: :eek:
Yeah I was riding the bike like things that mimic a recumbant bike, the thing was rocking all over the freaking place. All the chicks kept looking at me like WTF is going on over there.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
That's so nice of you to do that, Stosh :D
Yeah well don't start spreading the word around that I'm a nice guy because then I'll lose my edge.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Mackie said:

I'm picturing Stosh trying to jump things on it!

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
bluebug32 said:
That's not far from the NY border, right? I've never actually been to Ikea. I think I'm the only one! I think it'd be dangerous though because I'd walk out with so much stuff!
I've never been either. I prefer to find my furniture curbside.

The Cheese