Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Hey everybody!

I'm gonna be out of the office today so I wanted to make sure the GMT got posted.

Didn't do to much last night, I was out in the field all day measuring buildings so I was spent till I got home. I'll be at the gym tonight to actually implement a workout schedule.

Anyway, I hope ya all have a great day!!!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. I got called into work early this morning. :dead: Can't really complain I guess, first time in 2 years of being "on call" that I've actually been called. Didn't do much last night, just watched the Sox sweep the Astros and had a few IPA's. Tonight just gotta pack the car, leaving for Pittsburgh at 6am tomorrow morning!! :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
Tonight just gotta pack the car, leaving for Pittsburgh at 6am tomorrow morning!! :)
What the hell's in Pittsburgh? Going to see a Penguins game? Sweet! :thumb:

'Morning yo! It was a chilly 33 degrees when I left the house this morning.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Went for a ride yesterday. Rode my steelhead for the first time in a while. Hardtails are so light and fun, it was an absolute blast.

Today just the same thing, classes and work.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - I must be getting old because I couldn't stay awake for any of the World Series games and each game I missed all the excitement in the late innings. Oh well.

Hitting the ice again with Liam's team tonight. I'm working with their goalie to try to help him improve his game. He needs to suck it up a bit and stop being such a lazy kid though - only then will he truly improve his game.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey stoshly -

went to the gym for the 1st time in months. feel OK today. hopefully i can get back to a routine. work's been killing that, but F work.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hola!

Yesterday was a busy, busy day. I was glued to the computer screen for what seemed like forever. Lots of work coming in for this time of year. Usually, most contractors get a lot of their houses framed and roofed by now and do mostly inside work for the rest of the Fall and winter, but lots of house plans are still rolling in---so here I sit and design.

Stopped by the LBS over in Chapel Hill after work to pick up a few tubes, and on the way home, picked up a sixer of Cottonwood Brewery's Low Down Brown Ale and a sixer of Blue Star wheat ale. Much enjoyment ensued afterward. Put a new tube in the rear tire and settled in to watch "Lost" but realized they're on a 3-week haitus, so no new episodes for awhile. Flipped it over to the WOrld Series and fell asleep on the couch watching it---I've seen towels dry that were more exciting.

Today doesn't look too bad.....got a few small jobs to get pressed and out the door but other than that, just plan on trying to get off early enough for a quick spin on the jumps and stuff at my trails this afternoon. Y'all have a good one.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
What the hell's in Pittsburgh? Going to see a Penguins game? Sweet! :thumb:
One of my wife's old college roommates lives there so we're going down to spend some time with her and her family. The girls will take the kids trick-or-treating on monday and the guys are going to see the Steelers vs. Ravens monday night.

Halloween game + Monday Night Football game = A guaranteed crazy time!
:devil:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
One of my wife's old college roommates lives there so we're going down to spend some time with her and her family. The girls will take the kids trick-or-treating on monday and the guys are going to see the Steelers vs. Ravens monday night.

Halloween game + Monday Night Football game = A guaranteed crazy time!
:devil:
Dude, you are going TO the game? Awesome!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! My day is going by quite fast. Have a meeting at lunch time so that will be a nice change of pace. I have band rehearsal next period and we're doing some sightreading so that will definitely be interesting.

Really nothing exciting going on today though...looking forward to the weekend so I can relax!

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh:

After 3 days I finally feel back to normal(well, what is normal for me.) Got to run a couple of errands and then am heading out for a ride.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
MMcG said:
Morning - I must be getting old because I couldn't stay awake for any of the World Series games and each game I missed all the excitement in the late innings. Oh well.
Dude, I hear ya. I was sleep on the couch at 7:30, woke up around 9:30 to see the Sox spraying themselves with bubbly. I must be getting old for sure, or maybe it's cause I get up at 4a every morning:mumble:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Chilly commute in this morning! 34 degrees. Hot Damn I can't wait for winter. I got my picture taken for my season pass last night - they had the whole shebang at the Cascade Lakes Brewing Company so hey, I'm there for my picture so why not have a few beers too? :) Santa's Little Helper filled my belly.

Happy Thursday

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
mornin' y'all

we finally had a nice light rain, plus a few nights of tree drip from the redwoods. trails should be in perfect shape tonight :thumb:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Good afternoon.

Got an 82 on the neuro exam. Class average of 72. 16 Fs out of 115 students. Apparently some people don't study (or show up for the exam).

Other than that....slow day. Might hit the gym tonight to work off some post class/study day stress.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Polandspring88 said:
Our professor said, "K?" or some incarnation using that letter 173 times in a 50 minute class. It was quite the amazing feat.
not to mention 6 sophomores in college laughing uncontrollably the entire time, attracting the entire class' attention....how embarrassing:stupid:

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
robdamanii said:
Good afternoon.

Got an 82 on the neuro exam. Class average of 72. 16 Fs out of 115 students. Apparently some people don't study (or show up for the exam).

Other than that....slow day. Might hit the gym tonight to work off some post class/study day stress.
I have my neuro exam tomorrow...on the brainstem...I am resorting to getting online from time to time to keep from going crazy. Our class always does well...the other years make fun of us for being "go getters"......NERDS UNITE!:D

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
kizzi77 said:
I have my neuro exam tomorrow...on the brainstem...I am resorting to getting online from time to time to keep from going crazy. Our class always does well...the other years make fun of us for being "go getters"......NERDS UNITE!:D
What part of the brainstem? Surface anatomy, lesions, medullary/pontine tracts, cranial nerves?

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
robdamanii said:
What part of the brainstem? Surface anatomy, lesions, medullary/pontine tracts, cranial nerves?
Brainstem!?! Now you guys are talking my language.

I'll take Nucleus of the Solitary Tract for 1000, Alex!
Yeah, i'm a geek.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
robdamanii said:
All of the above and more....all tracts from the spinal cord....and to the cortex. Sydromes/signs symptoms. If we see a patient with such and such signs, what do they have. Usually about 75 multible choice questions with have of that from old board questions. Then 5-10 essays. Some may just be short answer or draw and label. It hurts my head

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Mackie said:
Brainstem!?! Now you guys are talking my language.

I'll take Nucleus of the Solitary Tract for 1000, Alex!
Yeah, i'm a geek.
CN VII (facial), CN IX (glossopharyngeal), and CN X (Vagus) for taste, carotid (from IX) baroreceptors, aortic bodies and baroreceptors (from X), visceral sensory function and mucous membrane sensation.

I'm sure I missed something, but then again, an 82 was pretty good.

kizzi77 said:
All of the above and more....all tracts from the spinal cord....and to the cortex. Sydromes/signs symptoms. If we see a patient with such and such signs, what do they have. Usually about 75 multible choice questions with have of that from old board questions. Then 5-10 essays. Some may just be short answer or draw and label. It hurts my head
I put in about 20 hours of studying for this one. Ony of my buddies put in 35 and got a 70. Test was NOT what we expected.

Hrm...

Contralateral loss of pain and temp, ipsilateral spastic paralysis, ipsilateral loss of deep sensibility, ataxia would be?

Flaccid paralysis of half the face would be?

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
I put in about 20 hours of studying for this one. Ony of my buddies put in 35 and got a 70. Test was NOT what we expected.[/QUOTE]

How can you "expect" what is going to be on a test. There is soooo much information to retain.

I also like how my time away from neuro has turned in to a nerdified discussion of neuro....
WILL-IT-NEVER-END!!!!!!!!
:p

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
kizzi77 said:
I put in about 20 hours of studying for this one. Ony of my buddies put in 35 and got a 70. Test was NOT what we expected.
How can you "expect" what is going to be on a test. There is soooo much information to retain.

I also like how my time away from neuro has turned in to a nerdified discussion of neuro....
WILL-IT-NEVER-END!!!!!!!!
:p[/QUOTE]

She emphasized certain "difficult, but relevant material" in her lectures, but basically went on to put stuff that we didn't really cover the details of on the exam, and neglect much of the in depth stuff we covered.

And nah, neuro never leaves. It's a monkey on your back.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
robdamanii said:
CN VII (facial), CN IX (glossopharyngeal), and CN X (Vagus) for taste, carotid (from IX) baroreceptors, aortic bodies and baroreceptors (from X), visceral sensory function and mucous membrane sensation.

I'm sure I missed something, but then again, an 82 was pretty good.
Not bad. Partially controls (or sychronizes) gastric/intestinal motor function as well, via descending vagal afferents.