Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Nothing much to report today, I'll be heading off to the gym after work. Looking forward to some great weather this weekend.

Hope ya all have a great day!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh!

Haven't posted in the GMT for quite some time. Not a whole lot to report - I've been working my butt off, since I've got a full time job down here, plus a full time consulting contract.

The company I worked for in NH called me after I moved and asked me to consult for them, but they wanted me to move back up there for 4-6 weeks. I told them no. A week later, they called me and said I could do it from home and they'd mail me a laptop... and pay me 2.5x what I was making when I was up there for the same job :D

Lots of work! It'll help replenish my damaged savings account, though, and it's nice to have such flexible hours. I feel like I'm neglecting Jenn a bit, but it's only for another month so it'll be worth it in the end.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I had a KICK ASS hockey game last night. The team we played was in first place and thumped us both times we played them this season. Down 4-1 with about six minutes to play, we stormed back and scored the go ahead goal with 20 seconds left for a 5-4 win. WOO HOO! Games like that are the reason I play. I had four points.

:thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning. I had a KICK ASS hockey game last night. The team we played was in first place and thumped us both times we played them this season. Down 4-1 with about six minutes to play, we stormed back and scored the go ahead goal with 20 seconds left for a 5-4 win. WOO HOO! Games like that are the reason I play. I had four points.

nice!

we lost 3 of 4 games at volleyball, I am petty sure we are no longer in 1st place.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:

do you play on a regular gym floor?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
G'Mornin'

Just finished up the truss engineering on a real complicated roofing plan that I've been working on for several days now and I'm just sitting here with a self-congratulatory look on my face with a fresh cup-o-joe and admiring my handiwork. This project has the potential to lead us into a lot more work from this builder, and if I do say so myself, I kicked ass on it. Word.

Thursday night can only mean one thing: Pizza and beer night!! :drool:

Justine and myself are heading up to the mountains this weekend to hang out and decompress a bit. The leaves are at their peak color right now, so it should be a visual pleasure cruise the whole way up. I plan on getting some flyfishing in on Sat and the weather is supposed to be perfect. WoooHoo!!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Well, after working for the last month on getting a bid ready for a client on building their house I finished it and sent it to them.

It's a nice 2500 SF (heated) home, single story w/3car garage.

It's right at $230k for the construction cost. Reasonably priced but they'd better act fast because building materials are on the increase. The cost of wire went up nearly 40% a week ago... and 4" pvc pipe has risen from $.038/ft to $1.30/ft... :dead:

My current spec house is being sheetrocked today and the driveway forms are being set. I start on another spec next week...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Well, losing a few makes you appreciate winning that much more.

No, it's actually a deck/roller hockey-specific plastic flooring.
oh cool!
I was just asking because they have a regular gym flooring at the Y. I doubt they would want to mess it up with floor hockey.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
oh cool!
I was just asking because they have a regular gym flooring at the Y. I doubt they would want to mess it up with floor hockey.
I played floor hockey at a Y once on the gym floor. That really is not a good surface. Gymnasium floors are not designed for that. Everything sticks to that surface...your pads, the ball/puck, and especially your skin when you slide. :dead:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
I ce is the only way to go! Lace up some skates man!
Heh, I've said it before: Deck hockey is much smaller time and financial committment than ice, and I don't have to get up at 5:00 AM or stay up until midnight to play. Besides, I am GOOD at deck and I'd probably suck at ice.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
so i got another case for my Nano, an iSkin Duo, and the color is starting to bug me. the blue is alright, but damn...that green is bright. and totally clashes with my yellow vest.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mackie said:
Does he play any Soul Coughing stuff, or just his solo stuff live?
I did the older stuff way more than the new stuff.
I'm not sure. I like his new stuff a lot. I also liked his soul coughing stuff. I'll let you know what he plays.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I like him a lot. When's the concert? Is he coming to Woodstock?
Yep, it's in Woodstock on Dec 9th. You guys should go with us!!!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Northing of interest to report. Trying to get plans sorted out for the trip to Platty this weekend. That's about it. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
yo - had jury duty yesterday, and i am impanelled. trial starts monday. should be interesting. not much else to report.
Any idea how many cups of corn 8 cobs make?

J

JRB

douglas said:
nice!

we lost 3 of 4 games at volleyball, I am petty sure we are no longer in 1st place.
You see - it's comments like this....

J

JRB

douglas said:
watcha talkin bout Willis?
You play volleyball. I guess there are lots of chicks though, since guys don't really play volleyball. :think: