Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Heidi said:
With windchill my ride to work is going to be -5! I better bundle up. Woohoo.

Please help me, I am crazy.
Wow, for some reason, I totally admire you (even though some would think you're crazy).

I have trouble just getting to work and over the bridge without getting hit. I can't imagine doing it on my bike!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
bluebug32 said:
Wow, for some reason, I totally admire you (even though some would think you're crazy).

I have trouble just getting to work and over the bridge without getting hit. I can't imagine doing it on my bike!
Well, I'm not on too busy of roads here. The real challenge is manuevering through the snow, and keeping my body weight centered going down the big hill so that my tires don't slip out. I laugh most of the way there.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Echo said:
Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI motherboard
eVGA Geforce 6600GT PCI Express graphics
Frankly, I think you should double up on that 6600GT and really make that system haul ;)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Heidi said:
Well, I'm not on too busy of roads here. The real challenge is manuevering through the snow, and keeping my body weight centered going down the big hill so that my tires don't slip out. I laugh most of the way there.
it sounds like it is WELL worth it then!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Sometimes I think the people in my office all share one lone braincell. We just upgraded our phone system so instead of hitting 9 for an outside line, you can now just dial the number you want. Well, it seems some people are slow to catch on and we've now had 2, count 'em 2 people dial 911. It's fun watching the police continually pull up though :rolleyes:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
DNA said:
My new bike shipped today! Woo-hoo!

Anybody know how long does it take for a bike to make it across the pond?

(I am pretty sure that On-One is just a two-man operation and I don't want to hassle them when they are trying to get other people's orders out too)
You sure it has to travel across the Pond? Zedsport is the On-One/Planet X US Distributor, so if they have what you ordered in stock, I'm sure it'll get to you quickly.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Oh yeah and Good Morning Monkeys!

Does anyone know much about plumbing? If so, PM me please. I need to fix a leaky pipe (elbow type sink pipe) underneath my girlfriend's bathroom sink.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
MMcG said:
You sure it has to travel across the Pond? Zedsport is the On-One/Planet X US Distributor, so if they have what you ordered in stock, I'm sure it'll get to you quickly.
Yeah, I know it is coming from England. It had something to do with what the order was and where you ordered it from. Anyway, I pre-ordered a complete 456 months ago and those were delivered to England and will ship from there.

Hopefully it will get here by the 28th, so I can take it with me to ride in Louisiana.

Has anybody ridden On-One's Mary bars? They look funny, real funny. The bike comes with them, so I guess I will give 'em a try.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Antec case w/ 400w power supply, front USB/FireWire/audio ports
Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI motherboard
Athlon 64 3500+ cpu
1GB DDR400 ram
eVGA Geforce 6600GT PCI Express graphics
Seagate Barracuda 80gb SATA150 hard drive

Taking the cd burner out of my old box, and using my old kb, monitor, etc.
Sounds good! I just picked up a 300gig SATA seagate HD yesterday for $100 post rebate.

What are you planning to do with your machine?

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
bluebug32 said:
Sometimes I think the people in my office all share one lone braincell. We just upgraded our phone system so instead of hitting 9 for an outside line, you can now just dial the number you want. Well, it seems some people are slow to catch on and we've now had 2, count 'em 2 people dial 911. It's fun watching the police continually pull up though :rolleyes:
The same thing's been going on our office as well, it all started Monday. Funny thing is, almost everyone in my office is a law enforcement officer. :help:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
bluebug32 said:
Who did it now? And when are the cops going to start fining people?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stosh said:
Sounds good! I just picked up a 300gig SATA seagate HD yesterday for $100 post rebate.

What are you planning to do with your machine?
Video editing, MIDI recording (I'll probably have to pick up a soundcard, but I need to research what musicians use - the creative crap will not do). Currently not doing any gaming but this system should be able to handle it if I decide to buy a game :p

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
robdamanii said:
Plastic or copper? Probably plastic, yes?
Nope not PVC - metal - not copper either. It is the elbow pipe underneath the sink that has the hairline cracks in it. Maybe copper lined? I dunno.

See my new thread if you can help.

Thanks!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Video editing, MIDI recording (I'll probably have to pick up a soundcard, but I need to research what musicians use - the creative crap will not do). Currently not doing any gaming but this system should be able to handle it if I decide to buy a game :p
After Xmas I may have a few first person shooter games around to lend/give ya.

Any reason why you only stuck with an 80gig drive?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stosh said:
After Xmas I may have a few first person shooter games around to lend/give ya.

Any reason why you only stuck with an 80gig drive?
I haven't played a first person shooter since Unreal Tournament in 1999 (although I pwn3d at that game). Seems like these days they all require you to think too much, I just wanna go kill stuff.

I stuck with an 80gb drive because I've never even come close to filling my current 40gb drive.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
I haven't played a first person shooter since Unreal Tournament in 1999 (although I pwn3d at that game). Seems like these days they all require you to think too much, I just wanna go kill stuff.

I stuck with an 80gb drive because I've never even come close to filling my current 40gb drive.
You also haven't been recording music correct?

Anyway not a big deal. The new FPS's are fun and after about 15min of playing you have the buttons figures out. I've been hooked since golden eye.
IMO you can kill way more stuff in FPS's than anything else.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Echo said:
I'm the same way. Doom 3 and Unreal Tournament 2004 are both excellent for that.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Also I occasionally log in to Diablo 2. Something sort of zen-like running around with a level 83 hardcore sorceress killing stuff :p

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Echo said:
Also I occasionally log in to Diablo 2. Something sort of zen-like running around with a level 83 hardcore sorceress killing stuff :p
Sorceress?

Is she hot?

Did you hit it?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Hey Stosh, I found that Mike Doughty Johnny Cash cover song that you were referring to. And I like the title of his newest single: Busting Up a Starbucks :thumb:

Can you hook me up with the album? Pretty please? :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Hey Stosh, I found that Mike Doughty Johnny Cash cover song that you were referring to. And I like the title of his newest single: Busting Up a Starbucks :thumb:

Can you hook me up with the album? Pretty please? :p
Actually it was Kenny Rogers.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
I just gave you music last night! How much music does one person need?

Says the guy with more than 42 gigs of music.
Ha, you only have 42!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

I have an exciting morning ahead.....I have to prepare and give performance reviews...should be exciting :dead:

Have a good day everyone! :)
Good luck with that!

I'm hoping I dont have to come to work tomorrow due to some winter weather.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Oops, well I wonder what that song was then. Probably just a poorly named MP3. People just aren't doin' their jobs anymore :rolleyes:
was it The Gambler?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Jesus. Snowdays all over the place.

When I was in college, it was well known that they hadn't cancelled classes in 32 years for snow. You guys get a touch of ice and it's the apocalypse.
Wow, you're so tough! I wish I could be you!