Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Nothing much on tap for today, just riding out the week till this weekend. I'm pretty psyched about having nothing to do aside from some family stuff.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Not much on for today... much like you, just kinda going through the motions till the weekend. So few people are here today that not much can get done... which will end up coming back on me when a project is finished late, but...

I'm off all next week, so I'll probably take some time today trying to get things in order so I can be as productive next week as possible. I've got a few things on my truck that needs to be fixed, I want to frame up a room in the basement and get the electric run, and I'd like to get in a couple of rides as well.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh. Only have a half day at the office today, then I get 11 days off in a row!

I'm psyched!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning stosh. Only have a half day at the office today, then I get 11 days off in a row!

I'm psyched!
damn man you're freaking lucky! Do you get paid for thoes days?

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

Nothing much on tap for today, just riding out the week till this weekend. I'm pretty psyched about having nothing to do aside from some family stuff.
I'm also holding my breath for the next 2 days, waiting for that long stretch of no work.
Knowing me, I'll come into the lab a few times, but it's nice knowing that you don't HAVE to be in.

Plus, I just made plans to start the time off right - I'm going for a ride saturday morning, and Mr. Weatherman said it could be near 50 here in NY! :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey stoshly - am being lazy so far...haven't taken a shower yet, still @ home. will head into work within the next hour i suppose.

went out w/ the work group and had a nice steak dinner @ grill 23 in boston. good laughs, nice wine ('03 Ridge Lytton Springs). the slow roasted beef tenderloin was ok at best though; shoulda gone for the veal chop.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
joined planetfitness yesterday - place is pretty big w/lots of cardio machines

why do some chicks put there shorts down so low? actually I dont care why, I'm just glad they do :D

J

JRB

Good morning. Sick as hell. Got a bad cold and can hardly talk. (yay for the people around me - I am finally quiet)

*side note - my best friend, who is also the president of our company is being demoted, if you will. I called one of our biggest competitors yesterday and sent my resume. I hope it pulls together, but it looks like a great chance to go make a smaller company grow quickly. It's not been one of the best weeks for me. :(

**however - Caroline's progressing well and Julie's pregnancy has gone without any hitches. Only about 4 more weeks. :D I saw a little girl yesterday, that was adorable. I can't wait for mine now.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Good morning...
I am hoping to finish all the little xmas shopping i need to do today.
I just realized a silly mistake i made on my new bike. on my last few rides i noticed that my thumb was hitting the x9 shifter levers a lot , kinda annoying me and my gripposition.. yesterday i finally realized why... the brake lever is attached to the handlebars inside of the x9 shifters.. tonight i will reverse that and be much more happy

J

JRB

McGRP01 said:
When is she due? My wife is due 1/17 and we're getting excited.
1/25 - I am actually way more thrilled than I thought I would be.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup yall. Last night me and Tweek's darts team CRUSHED our opponents 13-0. First time we ever shut another team out. Almost felt bad for the other team. Almost :devil:

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
FINALLY finished mudding and sanding my drywall for my attic conversion...

tally:

37 sheets drywall
100 feet electrical cable
4 can lights
4 outlets
1 light switch
6 pounds drywall screws
200 feet drywall tape
100 pounds mud
2 sore shoulders

Next is to router the custom molding for the corners and floor.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, monkeys. I had to bring in some danish this morning for a management-sponsered employee breakfast. All us finannce managers brought in various breakfast foods (muffins, donuts, bagels, etc) and the whole building (300 or so people) was invited to come help themselves. It was actually a lot of fun greeting everyone and chatting. My danish was the first thing to go...I wish I had bought more (hey MMcG, I ordered them from The Harvest :drool: ).

Deck hockey game at 7:00 tonight.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sounds like a lot of work, Crashby. I did a couple rooms in my old house and a couple houses for a guy I used to work for, and that was plenty for me. Hope you're making good money!

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Morning y'all!

Today looks like another day where I get to kill time while waiting for someone else to finish their work before I can finish mine.

Bikewise, I swapped bars on the On-One last night and put on some ODI lock-ons. I thought about putting on a bashring, but decided that I should get a smaller size (spam for buy-sell).

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
binary visions said:
Sounds like a lot of work, Crashby. I did a couple rooms in my old house and a couple houses for a guy I used to work for, and that was plenty for me. Hope you're making good money!
This is a project for my personal house while I am in between investment properties. With carpet, the project should cost me about $1,100. It should safely add 4-5k to the value of the house.:thumb:

But holy crap, its a lot of work... if it was 8 hours a day, I guess it could get done in about two weeks, but I only do 3-4 hour stints.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
santacruzed said:
Nice work on the attic Crashby, like most of you I'm enjoying my time away from school. Binary, where are you from in NC?
Greenville... Hickory gives me two results on Mapquest so I don't know where that is in relation to you ;)

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning!

It's finally nearing the end of the week...hurray! We're doing secret santa's as well as breakfast and out to lunch for lots of food and drinks later. Should be some good office fun. Then it's a halfday at work tomorrow (Stosh, it looks like we'll be talking a lot on the GMT for the next week, as everyone else has off! grr....).

I also called my UPS man to try to track down my secret santa package. I think I've finally located it! Can't wait to get home now.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning. I'm actually off today, but it's warm and raining so I'm waiting to see if it will be worth it to go snowboarding.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I gave my gf her x-mass gift early, and it saw first use last night. All-Clad saucepan. It worked great. Such a good conductor, it required a much lower burner setting than our last pan.

Clear & cold out. Did not ride in to work this morn', but at lunch time I'll mount up for the ride back in.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Crashby said:
FINALLY finished mudding and sanding my drywall for my attic conversion...

tally:

37 sheets drywall
100 feet electrical cable
4 can lights
4 outlets
1 light switch
6 pounds drywall screws
200 feet drywall tape
100 pounds mud
2 sore shoulders

Next is to router the custom molding for the corners and floor.

nice high ceilings!!!! did you tape yourself??? i used to hate taping/sanding until i got "the knack"
now i barely have to sand at all

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Nice day today. I made some packets of holiday songs for my lesson groups so we have been sight reading them all morning :D Some of them sounded quite nice! Just found out that the big Superintendent's hearing is tomorrow for the student the thief. 8:30am...way to start off the day!!! :rolleyes: Atleast tomorrow's a payday and I am only going to be at school for a half day. I can't wait to see how it goes!

Crashby - lookin' good. You're really sprucing-up your place :thumb: Can't wait to see the finished product.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning, monkeys. I had to bring in some danish this morning for a management-sponsered employee breakfast. All us finannce managers brought in various breakfast foods (muffins, donuts, bagels, etc) and the whole building (300 or so people) was invited to come help themselves. It was actually a lot of fun greeting everyone and chatting. My danish was the first thing to go...I wish I had bought more (hey MMcG, I ordered them from The Harvest :drool: ).
I haven't been to the Harvest in ages. I miss that place and that crazy waiter guy.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Last day of work for the week. Tommorow I'll be going on a nice long bike ride and then packing everything up to head to Vegas! Can't wait for the day to be over.

Have a good holiday weekend monkies! :)