Quantcast

~~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Well I have my snowboard in my car so today is my first official day of snowboarding this season. I picked up some FLOW bindings last night. My 5yr old K2's have seen better days.

What is everybody up to today?

splat

Nam I am
Morning Stosh ,

The weather is kind of nasty here , a Cold mist. and suppose to be like this all day.

Not much going on here , just making some plans to ride Otis air force base again this weekend , because they have no snow , where as we have quite a bit.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning stosh, Monkeys...
a little rainy here today, i wound up commuting to work by bike anyway. wasnt so bad and I am hoping it wont be pouring when i get out of here. I need to get home and scrap my foyer ceiling. The old paint has ben chipping so i will knock it all down and compound the ceiling, sand it and repaint... fun fun fun !!!!! other than that not too much on agenda

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Weekend can NOT get here soon enough.

Morning lab was crap. Feels like being back in high school, except I didn't have an indian prof that I couldn't understand. And he's a patronizing asshat to boot. Ugh.

Killing time until my 10 AM lab.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Word.

The New Years resolutioners at the gym are annoying. I lifted weights for a half hour last night, then ran on a treadmill for 20 minutes. I hit my personal best on the bench press (185). I know...I'm a weakling.

MBC and I are off to Mt Snow again this weekend. :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh. New girl seems to be working out okay - or, at least, a ton of work disappeared yesterday and she was the one who was supposed to be doing it.

Looking forward to the weekend. Didn't watch the Rose Bowl but I'll sure be watching the Pats game!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
binary visions said:
'morning stosh. New girl seems to be working out okay - or, at least, a ton of work disappeared yesterday and she was the one who was supposed to be doing it.

Looking forward to the weekend. Didn't watch the Rose Bowl but I'll sure be watching the Pats game!
Watching them lose you mean?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
umm....last night i burned a cdr for tonight's spin class...let's see if the instructor and fellow gym-goers are into it.

watched some of the game last night, but not all.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Morning stosh, Monkeys...
a little rainy here today, i wound up commuting to work by bike anyway. wasnt so bad and I am hoping it wont be pouring when i get out of here. I need to get home and scrap my foyer ceiling. The old paint has ben chipping so i will knock it all down and compound the ceiling, sand it and repaint... fun fun fun !!!!! other than that not too much on agenda
Do you snowboard?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Word.

The New Years resolutioners at the gym are annoying. I lifted weights for a half hour last night, then ran on a treadmill for 20 minutes. I hit my personal best on the bench press (185). I know...I'm a weakling.

MBC and I are off to Mt Snow again this weekend. :)
I'm actually scared to go to the gym because of this. My spin class started to get really filled before Christmas with one timers. During the Holiday's it was totally empty. I'm dreading going to class next week.

I'm gonna snowboard a few nights a week till mid/end of Jan. then hit the gym more frequently.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Do you snowboard?
i do... just not well!!!!

actually i used to a lot... i havent in a few years though. the last time i went I fell , it didnt seem so bad , but I think the way i fell strained my back. i wound up being out of work for a month... so I am going to stay away from that

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
i do... just not well!!!!

actually i used to a lot... i havent in a few years though. the last time i went I fell , it didnt seem so bad , but I think the way i fell strained my back. i wound up being out of work for a month... so I am going to stay away from that
Oh I was going to say we could meet up at MTN Creek sometime. Thats where I'll be tonight.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Friend of mine runs a tree service and has access to all kinds of logs and is building a timber fram house. Really cool stuff. Anyway he know I do a bit of woodworking and let me pick up some huge 12 ft long 10" wide quarter sawn oak boards last night. Nice looking wood. It was cut fresh so it will have to sit in the basement for a long time to stabilize before I can make anything out of it.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

What is everybody up to today?
Tired, over-caffinated...typical.
How is it that a 4 day work week seems to be taking about 8 days to be over? :rolleyes: :mumble: :rolleyes:

Anyway, rode the rollers for 25-30 min last night until I got a front flat! Somehow I had picked up a metal sliver in the front tire and it must have taken a few roller rides to push it through. Fixed the flat & went to bed.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
I'm actually scared to go to the gym because of this. My spin class started to get really filled before Christmas with one timers. During the Holiday's it was totally empty. I'm dreading going to class next week.
stosh, why do you care how many or few people there are @ yr spin class?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Crappy commute here. Roads were slushy at my house and then I had the pleasure of driving into sleet/freezing rain and then more snow (not that it's really accumulating or anything, just snowing hard for a few minutes and REALLY big flakes). Tonight I go for my weekly check-up and then tour the hospital maternity ward....yeah! That's about all that I have planned.
Baby countdown:24 more days!

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning everyone! Not much on the table for today. Just work, and maybe trying to get my grossness in shape :dead:. Looking forward to the weekend...some sunny weather, a hot tub, football and beer! :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
stosh, why do you care how many or few people there are @ yr spin class?
We only have about 10 bikes, 8 of which actually work properly.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Treesaw!!! Cant wait to see the 1st pics of your little girl...

My side business kicks off today... deciding on the work to be done on the first of about 8 houses to rehab for January. We should get another 10-15 for Feb.... going to be a busy year... on plan to rehab/sell about 100 houses in '06.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Mackie said:
How is it that a 4 day work week seems to be taking about 8 days to be over? :rolleyes: :mumble: :rolleyes:
:stupid:

Half of my week so far has been "update" meetings to update clients on what they knew wasn't going to get done over the holidays. :rolleyes:

The weather is supposed to be nice, warm and dry for the weekend so we might be doing some trailwork and/or riding. :cool:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
snowing here, might ski @ jiminy tonight..

the gym was crazy freaking crowded, which made me shorten my planned workout - damn people w/their resolutions - I hope they give up asap!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Crashby said:
Treesaw!!! Cant wait to see the 1st pics of your little girl...

My side business kicks off today... deciding on the work to be done on the first of about 8 houses to rehab for January. We should get another 10-15 for Feb.... going to be a busy year... on plan to rehab/sell about 100 houses in '06.
:D I can't wait to take lots and show her off ;)

Good luck with this side business...is it something you're eventually looking to do on a full-time basis?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
the gym was crazy freaking crowded, which made me shorten my planned workout - damn people w/their resolutions - I hope they give up asap!

I give them to the end of January, then it'll be back to just the usual assholes. :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
We only have about 10 bikes, 8 of which actually work properly.
do you sign up ahead of time, or is it first come, first served? not that the signup can reserve a specific bike, but at least you get in the class. that's how my gym does it (well, i am going to the Company spin classes now, way closer and more convenient).

i disliked the jerks who would reserve their bikes by draping a hand towel or tying a paper towel to the bars just as they get into the gym.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
TreeSaw said:
Good luck with this side business...is it something you're eventually looking to do on a full-time basis?
Yep... but I want to make X dollars first (equiv of about 7 years corporate exec. salary)... we'll see how long that takes... ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:

I give them to the end of January, then it'll be back to just the usual assholes. :D
My gym has been crazy too. Seems to me a lot of people have a new years resolution to go to the gym sit on the equipment and do nothing but talk.

The most disturbing trend I have seen is fat kids with personal trainers. Do kids actually play with anything other than video games anymore. There are about 20 kids that live on my street and I hardly ever see any of them outside.