Quantcast

~~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~~

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Westy said:
Do kids actually play with anything other than video games anymore. There are about 20 kids that live on my street and I hardly ever see any of them outside.
Lazy little bastards. I'm the only person tearing up & down the street on a bmx.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
It's really wierd to hear people talking about skiing and snowboarding on a nightly basis. I wish I had closer access(3hrs is about the closest I can get) to the slopes. I would be doing the same thing almost every night too. We're still pumping out 65 degree days here in NC. We're getting the freeze/thaw cycle that keeps the trails mushy a large percentage of the time. Warm weather this far into winter usually means that it's gonna stay mild throughout the remainder of the month with the occasional rogue snow flurry. I'll take that anytime.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Greyhound said:
We're still pumping out 65 degree days here in NC. [...] I'll take that anytime.
Me, too. Supposed to be 66 degrees a couple days next week.

Jenn was talking to her brother in NH last night and he asked what the low was, and she said "45". He commented that it didn't sound all that warm to him. She paused for a minute and remind him that the high was 65 and the low was still 10 degrees warmer than their weekly high :p - that shut him up pretty quick.

Love this weather!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all. Snowing here as well. Big fluffy flakes. We got 4" or so overnight and it's still coming down. Today I've got an appointment to get my tattoo finished. 3.5 hours under the needle. Can't wait! :devil: I'll post the before and after pics later tonight or tomorrow. Have a good day! :)

Our Baby Countdown: 12 days :eek:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning all. I'm actually sore this morning. I raced two guys yesterday. They were skate skiing, I was on a xc ski sprint for an hour. Pedaling in to work this morning made my legs feel less heavy though..

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Morning all. Snowing here as well. Big fluffy flakes. We got 4" or so overnight and it's still coming down. Today I've got an appointment to get my tattoo finished. 3.5 hours under the needle. Can't wait! :devil: I'll post the before and after pics later tonight or tomorrow. Have a good day! :)

YEAH for 12 more days!!!! I can't wait to see the little guy!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
McGRP01 said:

are you guys starting to flip out yet??? i cant imagine what it would be like.. i'd be a nervous wreck

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Crashby said:
Treesaw!!! Cant wait to see the 1st pics of your little girl...

My side business kicks off today... deciding on the work to be done on the first of about 8 houses to rehab for January. We should get another 10-15 for Feb.... going to be a busy year... on plan to rehab/sell about 100 houses in '06.

So did you sell your first flip? Did I miss that thread?

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
N8 said:
So did you sell your first flip? Did I miss that thread?
Nope... been on the market for 8 weeks now... with the holidays, the slightly too high an asking price, and my Realtor focusing on building our client base for the main business... its taking longer than planned to sell. On the plus side, its only costing me $350 per month to hold, and ive got a huge profit already built into it, so not worried about it at this point..

Plus it pushed the revenue into the 2006 tax year... :thumb:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Today I get my new wheels CK iso disk on Mavic xm819 disc...Sweet. I'll post pictures once they are on the bike.

At noon I'm in for my third polygraph for the new job. The first one I was coming down with the flu, do the examiner said no go. The second one I was so nervous, that even though the polygraph examiner thought I was telling the truth he said the traces probably wouldn't pass QA. During the test I kept having odd thoughts pop into my head , like thinking about my father with lung cancer, or my current stressful job. So now I'm in for the third one. Funny but when you know you're going for a polygraph your mind dredges up every single little thing that you might have done wrong. I've tried to live a pretty good life, but there are always things you think you could have done better.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
TreeSaw said:

As I remember the last couple of weeks before my daughter arrived, it seemed to take an eternity, yet it was on us before we knew what happened!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Crashby said:
Nope... been on the market for 8 weeks now... with the holidays, the slightly too high an asking price, and my Realtor focusing on building our client base for the main business... its taking longer than planned to sell. On the plus side, its only costing me $350 per month to hold, and ive got a huge profit already built into it, so not worried about it at this point..

Plus it pushed the revenue into the 2006 tax year... :thumb:

And that's a good thing.. ususally... unless you make a bundle this year then taxes are gonna hurt.. and hurt bad! :dead:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
N8 said:
And that's a good thing.. ususally... unless you make a bundle this year then taxes are gonna hurt.. and hurt bad! :dead:

Nonsense - that's what deductions are for. :) Or 1031 exchanges :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Thanks T! Can't wait to meet your little girl!! :)

As far as being nervous....not really surprisingly. :think: This is our second, and it's been a different expierence (from our first) every step of the way for both of us. :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Reactor said:
As I remember the last couple of weeks before my daughter arrived, it seemed to take an eternity, yet it was on us before we knew what happened!
Yeah, it's so close, but still so far away. It's hard because I have everything done (except the car seat installation) and I probably should have waited to do more now. I do go sit in the rocking chair in her room and look at her books every night though.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Thanks T! Can't wait to meet your little girl!! :)

As far as being nervous....not really surprisingly. :think: This is our second, and it's been a different expierence (from our first) every step of the way for both of us. :D
How is Kell feeling anyway? I am still not uncomfortable, but then again I haven't been uncomfortable yet so why should I believe everyone when they tell me to expect it ;)

I thought of you two the other day when I was stitching out THE cutest design on a bodysuit (Curious George on his bike). I can't wait to take her picture in it and post it up here!!! :D

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Just got in to work after a business meeting that included free breakfast. I have a busy day here at work ahead of me. On tap for this evening is a spin class at the gym. Other than that not too much going on.

Best wishes to all those expecting little ones shortly....I think I would be nervous wreck this close to the delivery date.

Have a good day everyone! :)