Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Nothing much on tap for today. I'll probably just head to the gym after work.

Anybody got any good plans for the evening?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Work is killing me lately. I just can't keep up with the workload. I can't wait until I get an analyst in here to dump half my work on.

I blew off the gym last night. I was too tired to go.

I decided to get Sirius satellite radio and ordered a unit last night. The damn things are sold out everywhere. Mine is scheduled for Jan 30 shipping.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

broke in the trainer this morning. Sean was up at 5am, so I only got in about 20 minutes, but so far so good. Definitely need something to focus on... tv, radio, whatever - that will be this weekend's project.

Not much going on tonight as far as I know... hoping to get Renae's birthday plans finalized (turns 30 next Friday, and she's made it very clear that it should be a special occasion/big event).

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I think you should go all stealth black on that new frame Stosh.
Black frame, black wheels, black components, black Surly wool jersey etc. etc.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup yall. Me and Tweek's darts team got second in a tournanent last night. We should have won but we took home a few bucks, so it was all good.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh. What's the frame?!

Going to try to talk to my landlord, again, to see if I can get the situation with the retard who lives above us fixed. The guy walks so heavily, he rattles our light fixtures at all hours of the day. Wouldn't be so bad if he didn't wake us up in the middle of the night and at 7:00am on weekends.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Tonight I have to deliver some of my furniture and stuff to a guy in W. Hartford. Cool guy. So far he's bought my computer desk, and tonight I deliver a bakers rack, two end tables and a baby booster seat to him.

He teaches at a local prep school and he's waiting for his wife and new daughter to arrive in a month from Spain. I feel good about helping this family out by giving the guy really great deals on my stuff.

He seems really appreciative of the items too. :cool:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
I think you should go all stealth black on that new frame Stosh.
Black frame, black wheels, black components, black Surly wool jersey etc. etc.
Actually that was my plan.

I have a dark blue Mars fork and some red HOPE skewers. Other than that it's all black. :) It will look sweet!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
Actually that was my plan.

I have a dark blue Mars fork and some red HOPE skewers. Other than that it's all black. :) It will look sweet!!
Sell that Mars and get a used Manitou Black - the stickers on the old ones peeled right off anyway. ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Tonight I have to deliver some of my furniture and stuff to a guy in W. Hartford. Cool guy. So far he's bought my computer desk, and tonight I deliver a bakers rack, two end tables and a baby booster seat to him.

He teaches at a local prep school and he's waiting for his wife and new daughter to arrive in a month from Spain. I feel good about helping this family out by giving the guy really great deals on my stuff.

He seems really appreciative of the items too. :cool:
So I take it you're moving out!! THats sweet man good luck!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Sell that Mars and get a used Manitou Black - the stickers on the old ones peeled right off anyway. ;)
Yeah they are. I may keep fork on my old frame. Aside from the drivetrain I will probably end up buying a whole new bike piece by piece.
So now I'll have 2 HT's or atleast 1.75 HT's

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
I just have my laptop on a chair and watch DVD's.
I've got a few ideas... just gotta figure out the best option. I figure most of my time on the trainer will be before work... before the rest of the family is awake, so noise levels are an issue.

Right now, the trainer is setup near my projector in the basement, so a movie would be easy to pull off. I was hoping to get a satelite feed run to the basement (for sportscenter), but that looks like it's going to be more work than I initially suspected. Music is the last ditch option, mostly due to the noise level issue and my love for very loud music.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MMcG said:
So far he's bought my computer desk, and tonight I deliver a bakers rack, two end tables and a baby booster seat to him.
Are you cleaning out your house for a reason, or just getting rid of clutter?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I may keep fork on my old frame. Aside from the drivetrain I will probably end up buying a whole new bike piece by piece.
So now I'll have 2 HT's or atleast 1.75 HT's
Are you moving parts over for now, or slowly buiding the zion over the rest of the winter?

I've thought about buying a cheap steel HT frame and moving parts over from my mongoose. The only real holdup is the fork... my mongoose has a 1" steerer, so I'd need a new fork. Other than that, all the expensive parts should swap over pretty easily (cranks are solid, already have disk wheels, just need the brakes, drivetrain is solid). Figure I'd need a new seatpost/collar and front der.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Are you moving parts over for now, or slowly buiding the zion over the rest of the winter?

I've thought about buying a cheap steel HT frame and moving parts over from my mongoose. The only real holdup is the fork... my mongoose has a 1" steerer, so I'd need a new fork. Other than that, all the expensive parts should swap over pretty easily (cranks are solid, already have disk wheels, just need the brakes, drivetrain is solid). Figure I'd need a new seatpost/collar and front der.
A little of both!

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
binary visions said:
'morning stosh. What's the frame?!

Going to try to talk to my landlord, again, to see if I can get the situation with the retard who lives above us fixed. The guy walks so heavily, he rattles our light fixtures at all hours of the day. Wouldn't be so bad if he didn't wake us up in the middle of the night and at 7:00am on weekends.
Yeah, so this is guy is a complete ass! I am so sick of inconsiderate people. :angry: I lived with them all through college (living in a house with 42 girls sucks...for those of you who didn't know) and was hoping to be done with that. I didn't know common courtesy was dead. End of rant. :mumble:

Makes me want a house so bad. It seems like a better investment than pouring money into an apartment. Any opinions on that? Being young and only living in the area for potentially ~5 years, I don't know if it's something I should really consider, or just deal with the hippo upstairs.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
antimony said:
Yeah, so this is guy is a complete ass! I am so sick of inconsiderate people. :angry: I lived with them all through college (living in a house with 42 girls sucks...for those of you who didn't know) and was hoping to be done with that. I didn't know common courtesy was dead. End of rant. :mumble:

Makes me want a house so bad. It seems like a better investment than pouring money into an apartment. Any opinions on that? Being young and only living in the area for potentially ~5 years, I don't know if it's something I should really consider, or just deal with the hippo upstairs.
My landlord pays our electric bill, I noticed our exterior Christmas lights were switched off last night.

:)

I'm lazy and I felt weird having them up but not on and I haven't had time to take them down yet.

I can't wait till our wedding is over so we can purchase a house.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
vball lastnight, somehow I tweaked my neck.

:( going to a wake today, one of my best friends dad died (he had brain cancer)
I'm sorry to hear that man!

Wakes suck!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MMcG said:
Cleaning out my apartment (no house) while in the process of moving in with Laura.
Awesome! Congratulations :) - I was wondering how that was going, hadn't heard from you in a while.

Gee, Mark, does this mean your days of big pimpin' are over? ;)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Good f'in morning monkeys.

Just had an awful systems phys lab. You'd think that the guy could get his sh!t together BEFORE the lab, and not have to try and print handouts and other crap while we're sitting there wasting time. GAH!

Not much planned for tonight. I'm packing to head downstate, and with a buttload of bike parts and bits to boot. I just need to get through another long day today.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jacksonpt said:

Front der? SS it...that's what all the cool people are doing :sneaky:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
antimony said:

2 family, have someone else pay your mortgage...and you can turn anyone down from renting the other unit, so you can find someone thats quiet

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Good morning! I have SO much energy this morning....not sure where it's coming from though :think: Today should be a pretty easy day...a large portion of my kids are on a field trip this afternoon so I can get some photocopying done. Afterschool, my co-workers are having a baby shower for me so that will be fun. Then, it's off to home I go to spin on the stationary bike again! Last night I got in 30 minutes and it felt GREAT!!! I am really missing riding my own bike, but am VERY lucky to still be able to spin and feel great. After my ride it was a nice relaxing shower, tasty dinner and reading my sweetie a book in her room while rocking myself to sleep. Full moon this weekend so some people are predicting a baby in my future ;)

Baby countdown: 17 days!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
robdamanii said:
Good f'in morning monkeys.

Just had an awful systems phys lab. You'd think that the guy could get his sh!t together BEFORE the lab, and not have to try and print handouts and other crap while we're sitting there wasting time. GAH!

Not much planned for tonight. I'm packing to head downstate, and with a buttload of bike parts and bits to boot. I just need to get through another long day today.

did you tell him your time is valuable? did you explain you could be home posting stupid crap on the interweb!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
jacksonpt said:
don't think I haven't thought about it...
You should give it a whirl...I am and I think I am going to like it. I just have to finish my build and then I am off and running! I've ridden Sq-Earl's SS Cowan and it was fun...tough, but such a nice challenge!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys...
Stosh congrats on your purchase!!!! that bike is going to look sweet once its all built up..
not too much going on here today i am just trying to make it through the day. Provoding the weather stays nice, I plan to play tennis later.. should be fun, i havent played since summer ended

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, still searching for work. I haven't heard from that law firm as of yet....The feeling is not "there" though, so back to square one.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
TreeSaw said:
You should give it a whirl...I am and I think I am going to like it. I just have to finish my build and then I am off and running! I've ridden Sq-Earl's SS Cowan and it was fun...tough, but such a nice challenge!
It would probably depend on the frame/fork I end up with. I've thought about a cowan frame with a 100 DJish fork, in which case I would definitely SS it. If I go with something like an explosif and a more XC fork, I'll probably gear it... there's no way I can ride the trails around here in one gear... too much elevation change.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
douglas said:
did you tell him your time is valuable? did you explain you could be home posting stupid crap on the interweb!
I did, and he didn't bother to listen. The NERVE!

It's not even that I dislike the class (which I do) or the professor (which I really do), but it's that he is so horribly disorganized. He didn't have any of the materials ready for the experiments, he didn't have the handouts ready for us....he didn't even have his prosection notes! I'm seriously aggrivated that I could have spent an extra half hour in bed and still not missed a thing.